Want to report an issue? Have a bug to report? Please look here first!!!! Read more... ×

(1.18.1-1.18.2) Game keeps crashing after few minutes of playing

well, here I am back here again!

After the 1.18.1 update my crashing issues seemed to disappear for over a week, similarly the problems didn't appear to come back after the 1.18.2 update either.

Yesterday I installed my Logitech g920 setup with GHub and now the game is crashing again. I've just uninstalled GHub and will test again soon though I've got a feeling the problem will persist anyway.

Really tired of this game at this point and I'm close to stripping the PC and selling the parts, I've attached all crash, dxdiag and system info in case it sheds any light on anything. I'll also send all this info through to CM.

Looking back at all the crash dumps over the last few months the overarching theme is an "EXCEPTION_ACCESS_VIOLATION" 

any advice, as always would be greatly appreciated.

F1 2019 Crash 21.12.19.txt

hardwaresettings.zip

crash_dump#584887-20191221-145154-0.zip

DxDiag 21.12.19.txt

Edited by TheRichie2k19

2 hours ago, TheRichie2k19 said:

well, here I am back here again!

After the 1.18.1 update my crashing issues seemed to disappear for over a week, similarly the problems didn't appear to come back after the 1.18.1 update either.

Yesterday I installed my Logitech g920 setup with GHub and now the game is crashing again. I've just uninstalled GHub and will test again soon though I've got a feeling the problem will persist anyway.

Really tired of this game at this point and I'm close to stripping the PC and selling the parts, I've attached all crash, dxdiag and system info in case it sheds any light on anything. I'll also send all this info through to CM.

Looking back at all the crash dumps over the last few months the overarching theme is an "EXCEPTION_ACCESS_VIOLATION" 

any advice, as always would be greatly appreciated.

hardwaresettings.zip

crash_dump#584887-20191221-145154-0.zip

DxDiag 21.12.19.txt

and the game just crashed again, less than a minute into a SP race with Ghub uninstalled.

No idea why the game has become unstable again seemingly out of nowhere 😫

crash_dump#584887-20191221-181036-0.zipF1 2019 Crash 21.12.19 2.txt

It's just a buggy mess.

I did a classics race and the presets only option was selected. Despite selecting preset 3 during qualifying, preset 1 was loaded when the session went to race.

I just did a GP mode practice for tonight and the game minimised from fullscreen without warning, the game also complained that the PC was disconnected from the internet, but it wasn't.

Edited by steviejay69
Remembered internet issue

20 hours ago, TheRichie2k19 said:

and the game just crashed again, less than a minute into a SP race with Ghub uninstalled.

No idea why the game has become unstable again seemingly out of nowhere 😫

crash_dump#584887-20191221-181036-0.zipF1 2019 Crash 21.12.19 2.txt

Another user switched out the headphone connection from BT to wired and it was a fix, try that?

6 hours ago, steviejay69 said:

It's just a buggy mess.

I did a classics race and the presets only option was selected. Despite selecting preset 3 during qualifying, preset 1 was loaded when the session went to race.

I just did a GP mode practice for tonight and the game minimised from fullscreen without warning, the game also complained that the PC was disconnected from the internet, but it wasn't.

Another day another issue hey. Been playing this series for years and never known it to be this unstable. I'm definitely not picking up the 2020 release unless things are drastically improved.

• Agree 1

6 hours ago, steviejay69 said:

Another user switched out the headphone connection from BT to wired and it was a fix, try that?

Thanks for the response Steve, you should be on the staff here! it's always worked fine with my Corsair Void wireless setup, really strange that seemingly out of nowhere the game became unstable again. At this point I'm getting kind of angry with it. If the game cant work with my shiny new Logitech wheel, my headset or anything else then I'd rather uninstall the game than any software/peripheral that doesn't cause any problems with other titles. I've sent all of this through to CM who'll likely get back to me after xmas/new year. I'll post any findings back here.

All the best for xmas & new year Steve, hope you have a good'n

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, TheRichie2k19 said:

Thanks for the response Steve, you should be on the staff here! it's always worked fine with my Corsair Void wireless setup, really strange that seemingly out of nowhere the game became unstable again. At this point I'm getting kind of angry with it. If the game cant work with my shiny new Logitech wheel, my headset or anything else then I'd rather uninstall the game than any software/peripheral that doesn't cause any problems with other titles. I've sent all of this through to CM who'll likely get back to me after xmas/new year. I'll post any findings back here.

All the best for xmas & new year Steve, hope you have a good'n

I'd be too embarassed to tell people what I did. I'll stick to trolling where it's due and paying it forward 😉

• Like 1

On 12/22/2019 at 11:43 PM, steviejay69 said:

I'd be too embarassed to tell people what I did. I'll stick to trolling where it's due and paying it forward 😉

Evenin' Steve,

hope you're well.

After pulling my hair out for months on and off and my system stability getting worse over time (ultimately some games/apps were causing BSODS/locking up) I retraced my steps back to when all the problems seemed to start, either with this game or others and it was around the time I upgraded to the 2070 Super. Now it was becoming increasingly unlikely that the GPU was the issue but I couldn't think of anything else around that time that changed...until I checked ASUS site for my MB and realised there had been a BIOS update (to AGESA 1.0.0.3ABBA) around 2 weeks after I upgraded my GPU.

I flashed my BIOS back to the previous version (AGESA 1.0.0.3ABB) and so far, everything including F12019 has been stable. SO relieved and I hope my good luck continues here. Unfortunately ASUS seem to have pretty much abandoned support/updates for my board as their BIOS is now a good few versions behind where it should be so I'm likely going to have to upgrade my MB to something like an X570 at some point this year...most likely swerving ASUS is the process!

• Thanks 1

8 hours ago, TheRichie2k19 said:

Evenin' Steve,

hope you're well.

After pulling my hair out for months on and off and my system stability getting worse over time (ultimately some games/apps were causing BSODS/locking up) I retraced my steps back to when all the problems seemed to start, either with this game or others and it was around the time I upgraded to the 2070 Super. Now it was becoming increasingly unlikely that the GPU was the issue but I couldn't think of anything else around that time that changed...until I checked ASUS site for my MB and realised there had been a BIOS update (to AGESA 1.0.0.3ABBA) around 2 weeks after I upgraded my GPU.

I flashed my BIOS back to the previous version (AGESA 1.0.0.3ABB) and so far, everything including F12019 has been stable. SO relieved and I hope my good luck continues here. Unfortunately ASUS seem to have pretty much abandoned support/updates for my board as their BIOS is now a good few versions behind where it should be so I'm likely going to have to upgrade my MB to something like an X570 at some point this year...most likely swerving ASUS is the process!

Great that you’ve had the awareness to take the overview.

The AM4 platform’s strongest selling point is it’s flexibility but may also be its Achilles heel.

I have always gone with Gigabyte as a board manufacturer. ASUS have struck me as a successful exercise in branding rather than support.

Congrats on finding the issue! We must go forward to go back sometimes.

Unfortunately I don’t have the resources to run an AMD system as well as any builds I do being predominantly Intel.

My “holy grail” moment for this game was swapping out a GTX970.

Again the strongest selling point for the PC platform is the flexibility and choice but it’s clear in some instances certain combos don’t play nice.

Edited by steviejay69
  • Like 1

18 hours ago, steviejay69 said:

Great that you’ve had the awareness to take the overview.

The AM4 platform’s strongest selling point is it’s flexibility but may also be its Achilles heel.

I have always gone with Gigabyte as a board manufacturer. ASUS have struck me as a successful exercise in branding rather than support.

Congrats on finding the issue! We must go forward to go back sometimes.

Unfortunately I don’t have the resources to run an AMD system as well as any builds I do being predominantly Intel.

My “holy grail” moment for this game was swapping out a GTX970.

Again the strongest selling point for the PC platform is the flexibility and choice but it’s clear in some instances certain combos don’t play nice.

Agreed re ASUS, I'm already looking at some MSI/Gigabyte X570 boards as potential replacements for my Strix B350. I've been very gradually adding programs, drivers and peripherals one by one and thankfully the system is still stable. I'll be reinstalling my wheel next and hopefully be back to crashing like the lovechild of Maldonado and Palmer again in no time.