DiRT Rally 2.0 - Version 1.11 Bug Reports

• What platform you're playing on. 
  • - Steam, PC
  • What your PC setup/build is like (if playing on Steam).
  • - i7, 16GB RAM, GTX 1650Ti 
  • Whether you're a Standard or Deluxe user.
  • - Deluxe
  • Whether or not you have any non-standard peripherals connected, like steering wheels, gaming mice etc.
  • - No

I think Rallycross AI still needs some work across the board, multi posts coming up:

-If an AI driver gets into the lead off the start, they will always take their joker on lap 1 which is not realistic, happens on all tracks every time, does not happen if all the AI are behind you. Video of all tracks:

• Like 3

• - Steam, PC
  • - Deluxe
  • Whether or not you have any non-standard peripherals connected, like steering wheels, gaming mice etc.
  • - No

-The AI in wet conditions are so much slower than they should be on all tracks, you can be struggling to get P1 in a heat in the dry and then get P1 by a significant amount in the wet on the same difficulty (Especially noticeable in custom events when you set the conditions to change mid event without changing difficulty)

• Like 3

Posted (edited)
  • - Steam, PC
  • - Deluxe
  • - No

-Specifically on tracks like Barcelona, Mettet and Silverstone the AI seem way too OP compared to all other tracks on the same difficulty (92 in custom events and Masters in MyTeam), additionally in Abu Dhabi you can beat other cars in your heat by miles and still be way off the pace of the other heats meaning making the semi's is pretty much impossible (92 difficulty in custom event at Masters MyTeam again)

Edit: It occurred to me that the AI at the tracks mentioned (Barcelona, Mettet and Silverstone) the AI might be correct and they might be slow at all other circuits, honestly seems like a complete analysis of the AI performance at each track and overall needs to happen

Edited by MattyH1812
  • Like 3

• - Steam, PC
  • - Deluxe
  • - No

There are points in certain tracks where the AI drive too slowly

-In Abu Dhabi the AI in your heat take the first hairpin way too slowly on exit making overtakes incredibly easy

-In Spain at the exit of the joker lap, the AI will slow down and almost stop if there is another car at the exit, rather than go around the outside as they do in real life

-See https://forums.codemasters.com/topic/43734-the-rallycross-ai-topic/ for more detailed examples

• Like 3

Apologies for the spam but with all these issues listed above, it makes doing custom RX events and championships honestly just not that fun, and makes the amount of cars and tracks we have available (which is one of the best things about RX in this game) redundant when you can't have any fun with them 😕 

• Like 2

• What platform you're playing on: Windows 10 - Steam.     
  • What your PC setup/build is like (graphics card, processor etc.): OS - Windows 10 64-bit, RAM - 16 GB, CPU - Intel i7-8700 @ 3.20 GHz, GPU - Nvidia GeForce GTX 1060 6GB
  • If you're playing on PC, state whether you're in 2D or VR: 2D
  • Whether or not you have any non-standard peripherals connected, like steering wheels, gaming mice etc: Thrustmaster TX Racing wheel + T3PA Pedals

Whenever I select the Rallycross Career mode. It only gives me the option to choose from the 3 RX Supercars I own. My garage has the RX2 Fiesta, Group B RX cars, Super 2000 cars and the 2019 RX Supercars.

Dirt Rally 2 Screenshot 2020.01.08 - 22.01.11.35.png

Dirt Rally 2 Screenshot 2020.01.08 - 22.01.20.78.png

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Ross93 said:
  • What platform you're playing on: Windows 10 - Steam.     
  • What your PC setup/build is like (graphics card, processor etc.): OS - Windows 10 64-bit, RAM - 16 GB, CPU - Intel i7-8700 @ 3.20 GHz, GPU - Nvidia GeForce GTX 1060 6GB
  • If you're playing on PC, state whether you're in 2D or VR: 2D
  • Whether or not you have any non-standard peripherals connected, like steering wheels, gaming mice etc: Thrustmaster TX Racing wheel + T3PA Pedals

Whenever I select the Rallycross Career mode. It only gives me the option to choose from the 3 RX Supercars I own. My garage has the RX2 Fiesta, Group B RX cars, Super 2000 cars and the 2019 RX Supercars.

Hi @Ross93 in the Master tier you can only race in RX Super cars. Hope this helps.

• Disagree 1

4 hours ago, CM_Ads said:

Hi @Ross93 in the Master tier you can only race in RX Super cars. Hope this helps.

So not a bug but worse, a completely illogical design choice. Still needs to be fixed though. Makes no sense that you can't drive non-supercars in career mode

• Agree 2

The lightning in Poland needs to be fixed. Goes from good to super bright to less bright to super bright to good repeat. I know this issue has been reported before so you should be aware of it.

On 1/9/2020 at 8:14 AM, CM_Ads said:

Ah that would explain why then. Is there any plans to allow us to race the 2019 RX Super cars in Master tier?

• PC, Steam user.
• Windows 7 professional 64 bit, Intel Core i5-3450 3.10 GHz, 12 GB RAM, Nvidia GeForce GTX 1060 3GB.
• Deluxe user.
• OSW Simucube (steering wheel), Xin-Mo Controller (Shifter), BU0836-LC Interface (Pedals), BU0836A Interface (Handbrake).

Issue: Note with Italian co-driver

GREECE RALLY (Abies Koilada - Perasma Platani)

1764715743_GRECIA(AbiesKoilada-PerasmaPlatani).thumb.jpg.ddfeca34ef86941daeb727768e2068be.jpg

System: X-Box One S (latest Firmware- & Game-Update (1.11.1))

Version: Retail Deluxe + Season 3+4-Pass

Peripheral: None except Standard One S-Controller

Where?: My Team -> Garage -> any Car -> Car Statistics

Description:

My Team-Monthlys (tested it with the promotional "monthly" for the World Series-Final) give every rally in the event +1 in "Events Started", but you get only 1 "Events Ended" when you finish the entire event.

That means for the mentioned monthly with 5 rallies, you get +5 "Events Started", but only +1 "Events Ended". Not right.

Can you repeat/simulate the problem?:

Yes, happens always and always the same way. In any monthly (Promotional, Bonus, Community Challenges and AI Challenges, but not in Career). The problem does not affect dailies and weeklies.

It persists since launch of the game and I reported it in spring last year already and hope for a fix in the future.

On 12/30/2019 at 9:01 PM, woflox said:

Playing on PC / Steam. I do not own any of the DLC, only the base game.

I'm unable to purchase the Audi Quattro in career mode from the Garage menu. The car shows in the "purchase a vehicle" area, and I'm able to test drive as normal, but when I press buy it says "Vehicle unavailable- This vehicle is no longer available." I've tried purchasing the car several times on different days over the past couple weeks and it never works, but it seems to only be this specific car -- I've been able to purchase other used cars successfully. I've tried searching the error online but haven't found anything so maybe this is specific to my account.

If I try to enter a group B special event, it prompts me to buy a vehicle (since I have no group B cars) and if I select buy on the Audi Quattro it just boots me back to the event menu with no error, but it still doesn't purchase the car and I can't enter the event.

EDIT: Just tried again and was able to purchase the car fine this time, but there was definitely something weird happening before.

quattroerror.png

quattroerror2.png

quattroerror3.png

I'm experiencing the same problem trying to purchase the Ford Sierra Cosworth. I'm playing on Xbox. I've made a separate post about this, but thought it would be worth raising here also.

Edited by F1dgh

22 hours ago, F1dgh said:

I'm experiencing the same problem trying to purchase the Ford Sierra Cosworth. I'm playing on Xbox. I've made a separate post about this, but thought it would be worth raising here also.

Hi,

Thanks for reporting the issue you have been experiencing.

We are investigating the issue and should be able to resolve it via our game server. Currently the game cycles the cars available to purchase in 'My Team' on a regular basis. However we believe the Festive Challenges we introduced over the seasonal period may have resulted in 3 cars showing they are available when they may not be.

The Audi Sport quattro S1 E2, Ford Sierra Cosworth RS500 and Mini Cooper S may be affected with this issue.

Will post back once its been fixed.

Thanks

Matt

1 hour ago, matthewhorsman said:

Hi,

Thanks for reporting the issue you have been experiencing.

We are investigating the issue and should be able to resolve it via our game server. Currently the game cycles the cars available to purchase in 'My Team' on a regular basis. However we believe the Festive Challenges we introduced over the seasonal period may have resulted in 3 cars showing they are available when they may not be.

The Audi Sport quattro S1 E2, Ford Sierra Cosworth RS500 and Mini Cooper S may be affected with this issue.

Will post back once its been fixed.

Thanks

Matt

This is fixed now, if you see the Audi Sport quattro S1 E2, Ford Sierra Cosworth RS500 and Mini Cooper S available to purchase then they are available for real now.

I believe the vehicles available to purchase cycle every 8 hours, thus if you do not see the car you want, play the game later in the day and there might be one to buy.

Thanks

Matthew

On 12/20/2019 at 12:02 PM, Eagleizer said:

DR2 - BUG - Personal Best time is wrong. 

After crashing out in Jezioro Lukie, the game registered the time as my PB time, and 

all Split Times got messed up, leaving last sector as done in 13 seconds. Luckily it did 

not register on the Leaderboard, but further improvement of my setup and time is now

very difficult as I am racing against slow 3 first sectors, and an impossible 4th sector.

I want to know how I can get the PB deleted for this stage. 

Below is 2 videos. The first is showing the wrong PB time (skip to end of video). 

The second is showing the Ghost when the BUG was triggered. There is a timer in the top

left corner. The Ghost disappears pretty much on the time 2:28.077, which is the wrongly

registered PB time. 

Specs in my signature

This happened to me in New Zealand also now, at Te Awanga Sprint Forward.

I would expect to get a solution after almost a month!!!

I need to know how I can get the PB deleted for the stages this happens to. 

In New Zealand, at Te Awanga Sprint Forward, this have also lead to severe stutter at the end of the stage.

It will not go away even If I reinstall the game. How is this even possible? If I drive the full stage (Te Awanga Forward),

there is no severe stutter in the same part of the stage.

Version 1.11.1 - Steam - Super Deluxe Edition

Some window textures do not become dirty or wet on the following cars. Especially visible in heavy rain. See screenshots in red circles.

I understand tough deadlines before Christmas holidays, but please Codemasters, make your team (especially car modellers) concentrate more on quality than on deadlines. This is not the first times they do these mistakes.

RX Supercars 2019 Ford Fiesta Rallycross (MK8) (Again forgot about side window behind the pillar)

440231020_DirtRally2Screenshot2020_01.17-21_22_58_87.thumb.jpg.2a4bec9549a8f55ae8b490196f668a1d.jpg

Peugeot 208 R2 (edges of the window shield dirtiness are not accurate, wet are OK)

1141774669_DirtRally2Screenshot2020_01.11-15_52_47_91.thumb.jpg.bfe79302c68ceb70a4b527a806d48e91.jpg

116785060_DirtRally2Screenshot2020_01.17-21_57_59_58.thumb.jpg.c187e7b5909d85d418cc07381f2be3c0.jpg

Opel Adam R2 (is it window leaf? Then do it look properly)

548884263_DirtRally2Screenshot2020_01.17-21_46_25_70.thumb.jpg.2df8f33eed17e0b657018f574dbb7bdc.jpg

Edited by Tigron

• PC, Steam user.
• Windows 7 professional 64 bit, Intel Core i5-3450 3.10 GHz, 12 GB RAM, Nvidia GeForce GTX 1060 3GB.
• Deluxe user.
• OSW Simucube (steering wheel), Xin-Mo Controller (Shifter), BU0836-LC Interface (Pedals), BU0836A Interface (Handbrake).

Bug: Note with Italian co-driver

POLAND RALLY  (Zaròbka - Kopina)

713035532_POLONIA(Zarbka-Kopina).thumb.jpg.d9c0ba2797616374c783fe94e7c81cef.jpg

• PC, Steam user.
• Deluxe user.

GERMANY RALLY (Ruschberg - Innerer Feld-sprint)

Already reported!

557064513_GERMANIA(Ruschberg-InnererFeld-sprint).thumb.jpg.3796208d7c8b7f135daaf043956ea7e0.jpg

I was just doing the monthly AI challenge and came to the rainy stage in Australia and all of a sudden my wipers stopped working. I have reported this happening ones before and i think that was in the h3 ford an im pretty sure that was also in Australia. It feels pretty bad when trying to do a monthly and having to retire because its litterally impossible to see anything. It was quite early in the stage aswell. 

Im on PC/steam/cv1

Edited by somethingthing
  • Like 1

Something weird going on here with the display name of the event. Only this event. All others are fine. This is on PS4.

See attached photo. 

20200119_215926.jpg

Edited by Tranzitive

37 minutes ago, Tranzitive said:

Something weird going on here with the display name of the event. Only this event. All others are fine. This is on PS4.

See attached photo. 

20200119_215926.jpg

I had this aswell today. I posted a pic of it in another thread. It wasnt just the name of the daily that was weird in this club to me, it was raining but i had no rain on my windshield. Can you run it and see if its rain on the windshield on your end?

Edited by somethingthing

• PC, Steam user.
• Deluxe user.

POWYS, WALES (Bronfelen - Dyffryn Afon Reverse)

1021899839_WALES(Bronfelen-DyffrynAfonReverse).thumb.jpg.2f0f28f55c63b4fa9a2a550a405d600e.jpg