DIRT 5 - Chat about the game and get support here. Read more... ×

Handbrake options G920 Xbox one

Hey all,

I am thinking of getting a G920 setup for my Xbox but all the research I have done for handbrake options only turns out to be the $300 Thrustmaster. Right now the wheel, pedals and shifter are 300 so I don’t really want to spend another 300 on one piece. Does anyone have any other options or ideas?

I would prefer to not take it apart and soder wires because well that seems quite complicated and warranty voiding. 

Unfortunately when it comes to console the only real option is thrustmaster, even if you went down the road of taking apart the g920 and soldering you would still only have a handbrake as a on/off switch, thrustmaster is the only way unless your willing to spending mega money on fanatec equipment 

I have used rubber bands to mod my Logitech shifter into a sequential shifter/handbrake. It's pretty easy and quick way to put them on and also to remove them to use it as a H pattern shifter. You can get some rubber bands from your local stores for couple €/$/£ and they will work pretty well. You might need to buy longer bolts for the shifter to make it work with some bigger rubber bands.

There's also some 3D printed mods for the same purpose, but I have no experience from them. I have used rubber bands with modern sequential cars. For cars with H pattern shifters, I have mapped the handbrake to left paddle shifter.

• Agree 2

Need open the whell and do some mods, and wiring.
A. step1 - disamble pedals, use clutch potentiometer (or all pedal) for handbrake lever.   
A.step2 put in clutch on/off switch connected to wheel - if you using clutch.
B  - use button connected to wheel for handbrake - on/off
D - ruber mode shifter  on/off

Image result for logitech handbrake mod pedal

Edited by Fregis