Sign in to follow this  

Kerbs!!!

I believe this is the case on other Codemasters' games as well. It's just that the cars are much better at turning, so I guess they spin more easily... or something?

this is not the case in previous grids. its not that the cars are much better at turning, they dont spin more easily, only when accelerating on the kerb.

Are you guys serious ? Watch any Blancpain or IMSA race and tell me whether or not kerbs are heavily used or not. Kerbs are there for a season, but CM seems to want racers to not use them. Are they just for show in that case ? If the intention is to force racers to not use them then remove them from the tracks. Ah but you cant cause it takes away the authenticity. We get it, you dont want racers abusing the kerbs but that doesnt mean you make them into land mines.

I think it's a problem deep down the physics engine because it happens in other codies games (not just Grid), although not specifically the kerb thing, but more like some sort of pattern regarding how the car rotates. Fixing it has to be very difficult...

I also think kerbs are nightmares, and that they also aren't realistic. So why should be there something that is neither realistic or pleasant? And I don't think the the path of finally managing them is rewarding.

4 hours ago, SlimCharles said:

I think it's a problem deep down the physics engine because it happens in other codies games (not just Grid), although not specifically the kerb thing, but more like some sort of pattern regarding how the car rotates. Fixing it has to be very difficult...

I also think kerbs are nightmares, and that they also aren't realistic. So why should be there something that is neither realistic or pleasant? And I don't think the the path of finally managing them is rewarding.

Same kind of spins do happen in other games as well, so I wouldn't consider it a major physics engine issue at least.

I'd actually say Codies games are very generous in terms of spinning due to grass at least... and yes I love showing my mistakes 😁

Imo every racing game that tries to teach you to not drive on curbs has wrong curb physics/curb grip coefficient.

They use them IRL without issues in dry conditions and you can also use them in every racing sim. Kunos actually improved their ACC tire model because of issues with curbs.

Edited by Ak1504
  • Like 1