Sign in to follow this  

Quick multiplayer update

Hey all,

Been a couple of weeks since I checked in regarding multiplayer requests, so here's a quick status update: 

- Public lobbies: good progress is being made and we're on target to have this in the game during January. It's a case now of testing and sense-checking. I'm planning to put together a bit of a walkthrough on how the feature will look and work, for you all to check out before public lobbies are live. 

- AI: The plans to adjust the way AI affect multiplayer races is also ongoing, with the goal of having human players fill up Quick Match lobbies instead of AI. This week we pushed a minor change live to the game, which adjusts the playlist timer system to encourage lobbies to fill up quicker and more often. Feel free to drop your feedback here if you're noticing any difference in your multiplayer experience. 

Any questions, just @ me into your comment and I'll do my best to get back to you 🙂

• Like 3
  • Thanks 7
  • Agree 1

Thanks Chris, when it comes to sense-checking, get them to take a quick look at how things are done in autosport first, no need to reinvent the wheel!! 😜

example... we may want to limit the number of joiners.

Edited by GavinMac
  • Agree 1

Any news regarding public lobbies is always top top news. Just wish we had them over the holidays. 

Really pleased they are on there way tho roll on january😀

#gamechanger#

• Like 1

Nothing to surprise you... 

We need text chat both in lobby and in race 

As many options as you can in custom lobbies (assist on/off ect) and proper point system as in previous Grid games 

Improve damage mode and add demolition derby mode and  drift as in previous Grid games... 

• Agree 1

On 12/17/2019 at 10:45 AM, ChrisGrovesMCM said:

Hey all,

Been a couple of weeks since I checked in regarding multiplayer requests, so here's a quick status update: 

- Public lobbies: good progress is being made and we're on target to have this in the game during January. It's a case now of testing and sense-checking. I'm planning to put together a bit of a walkthrough on how the feature will look and work, for you all to check out before public lobbies are live. 

- AI: The plans to adjust the way AI affect multiplayer races is also ongoing, with the goal of having human players fill up Quick Match lobbies instead of AI. This week we pushed a minor change live to the game, which adjusts the playlist timer system to encourage lobbies to fill up quicker and more often. Feel free to drop your feedback here if you're noticing any difference in your multiplayer experience. 

Any questions, just @ me into your comment and I'll do my best to get back to you 🙂

Public lobbies as in 'create your own custom lobby (with events + vehicles of your choice) and make it available for others to join'? ... Or public lobbies that are just a list of dedicated quick match lobbies containing preset events with preset numbers of laps? In other words, will it be possible to create (example) a 20 lap race around the Indy oval with Pro Trucks and without AI drivers?

Edited by _BorisTheFrog_

1 hour ago, _BorisTheFrog_ said:

Public lobbies as in 'create your own custom lobby (with events + vehicles of your choice) and make it available for others to join'? ... Or public lobbies that are just a list of dedicated quick match lobbies containing preset events with preset numbers of laps? In other words, will it be possible to create (example) a 20 lap race around the Indy oval with Pro Trucks and without AI drivers?

It should be like that , you will be able to create your own event with no AI , up to 99 laps tos et , assists on/off , damage on/off ect as in previous grid games..

• Agree 2

On 12/17/2019 at 10:45 AM, ChrisGrovesMCM said:

How is the team getting on chris? Are we looking at mid January or the end of January? 😀 

Hello, I have grid for the Nintendo switch. The split screen mode is a lot of fun, only a lot needs to be patched. 
The Ki is much too strong at the beginning. there should be setting specifications that can then be corrected. 
The starting position setting should be fixed, because you never start as you set it (reverse order). 
If the Ki drives with only 3 tires, it still drives in first place. The Ki hardly makes mistakes, if it rams you, you fly away, the reverse is not possible. 
if you are broken, can no longer drive and have not been eliminated. you can only restart, even though the other player has finished. 
it should be like this when the penultimate car has reached the finish line is 10 seconds later. 
it would also be nice if you can drive qualifying and thus also change the setting of the car.

On ‎12‎/‎22‎/‎2019 at 1:43 PM, _BorisTheFrog_ said:

The former, I believe, rather than the latter - players create the lobbies which are visible to others. I'm checking in today and next week to get a full overview, so I can provide you all with a bit of a walkthrough on how it'll work. 

11 hours ago, Furbo81 said:

How is the team getting on chris? Are we looking at mid January or the end of January? 😀 

As above, I'm checking in with them for the first time today and next week - no negative news so far, so I'm expecting it to be available in January, ahead of Season 2 🙂

• Like 2
  • Thanks 3