Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  

Codemasters authorization for the ACAT and AWAT mod

Any Car Any track mod ?  

29 members have voted

  1. 1. Any Car Any track mod ?

    • Yes
      26
    • No
      3


Recommended Posts

@Codemasters, do you authorize the public release of the most famous mod : Any Car Any Track mod ?

 

 

Edited by KolysioN

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

What do you mean by "authorize"? Like will they ban you? I don't think so, unless you are using it to break the current online events.

I've seen a few MP lobbies already up with RX cars in Wales so it's definitely not being immediately auto-banned by the system. Whether it flags the profile for review later or something else is out of my domain though so you'll have to wait for @PJTierney to chime in on that one or one of the other mods around around. 

Now if you're asking if they will "officially sanction" and/or support it, that is a very quick and easy NO. 

  • Like 1
  • Agree 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I talk for offline solo of course......for a fun solo experience.
The mod already exists, it's under the table, but I want to know if Codemasters give their permission for the offline mode, and if we can release it officialy (Cause they refuse to add it themself like an offcial mod for some obscure reasons....)

Edited by KolysioN

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, KolysioN said:

(Cause they refuse to add it themself like an offcial mod for some obscure reasons....)

Obscure reason: The lawyers confirm that the contracts signed with all of the teams/manufacturers/parties involved also included where and how the likenesses will be used. Deviating from that agreement invalidates the rights of CM to use the likeness. 

Don't take this as official since I'm just a random guy who sits on these forums/reddit/discord too much, but I think it's the obvious reason why...

  • Like 1
  • Agree 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Mike Dee said:

Obscure reason: The lawyers confirm that the contracts signed with all of the teams/manufacturers/parties involved also included where and how the likenesses will be used. Deviating from that agreement invalidates the rights of CM to use the likeness. 

Don't take this as official since I'm just a random guy who sits on these forums/reddit/discord too much, but I think it's the obvious reason why...

But with pCars 2 and the official WRX cars we can race them in all others tracks, or we can race all other cars in WRX tracks.....only Codemasters refuse to add officially ACAT mod. 
Automobilista, rFactor 2, Project cars 2, Forza 7, GT sport, Raceroom, we can race any car with any track.

The mods exist, so are we authorized to released it ?

Edited by KolysioN

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi, can you clarify what you mean by this:  " (Cause they refuse to add it themself like an offcial mod for some obscure reasons....) "    What's an official mod, where would it be added?  (are there examples of official mods you can show?)

 

Thanks

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

- Official = in the game by default, made by Codemasters.
- Not official = with the @Codemasters authorization, I will upload it as an "add on" to play offline, without censor, cause in the past they have censored me many times about the modding.

Dirt Rally 1 has ACAT mod, Dirt 4 has ACAT mod, Dirt Rally 2 has ACAT mod (under the table = wait for the Codemasters authorisation)

 

https://www.racedepartment.com/downloads/wrc-8-mods.29473/

here you have a mod which modify the physics, with more or less grip.
For Dirt rally 2.0, it's possible to have it, so I wait for an authorisation too.

Edited by KolysioN

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Although Codemasters have been positive about the modding community in the past (Operation Flashpoint: Dragon Rising and GRID 2), I doubt they would officially say anything, as it'd be too big of a hassle.

Obviously I could be 100% wrong.

  • Like 1
  • Agree 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/18/2019 at 10:57 PM, KolysioN said:

But with pCars 2 and the official WRX cars we can race them in all others tracks, or we can race all other cars in WRX tracks.....only Codemasters refuse to add officially ACAT mod. 
Automobilista, rFactor 2, Project cars 2, Forza 7, GT sport, Raceroom, we can race any car with any track.

The mods exist, so are we authorized to released it ?

your statement in red above is very problematic: do you really think modders have made ACAT mods for those games and the devs have implemented them? because no, of course they haven't.

also, talking about the Dirt series in general, including DR2 of course:

  • licencing (for movies, video games, music, whatever) is extremely complicated. for car games, different devs have different licensing agreements with manufacturers. think about the basically nonexistent damage models in Gran Turismo or Forza: that is because many of the manufacturers don't want their cars to be seen broken. the Dirt series is pretty damn good by comparison.
  • every single one of the games you mentioned except for PC2 is a circuit/road racing game. if CM thought they could do any car-any track legally, they probably would have. but as you have pointed out, people have had to use mods to do this in the series since at least Dirt 3 which came out 8.5 years ago, so this is nothing new.
  • meanwhile, as a rally game, the Dirt series is the direct competitor to the official WRC games, so manufacturers need to be be careful about where and how their cars are shown. most of the manufacturers in the game have (or used to have) relations with the WRC. note that 2 of the 4 current WRC manufacturers are not in DR2 at all.
  • also keep in mind that DR2, DR1 and D4 are the official games of the World RX Championship, and that means CM are not only dealing with manufacturers, but also the World RX Championship itself, which adds another layer of complexity.

those last two points are things that PC2 does not have to deal with, because they've just got a few RX car models and tracks. but no, you just want to ignore all this and call CM stupid.

Edited by ianism
  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, KolysioN said:

so I can release it or not 🙂 ?

Can't see what is stopping you. It will 99.8% remove the ability to do online and save career etc etc though for those that wishes to use it. 

  • Agree 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, bogani said:

Can't see what is stopping you. It will 99.8% remove the ability to do online and save career etc etc though for those that wishes to use it. 

it's for offline....

What can stop me ? last time I have posted this mod (for Dirt Rally 1 and Dirt 4) I had instant ban from the forum for "promoting hack tool".....

Edited by KolysioN

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, KolysioN said:

it's for offline....

What can stop me ? last time I have posted this mod (for Dirt Rally 1 and Dirt 4) I had instant ban from the forum for "promoting hack tool".....

Yeah, the official forum might not be the place. 

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 hours ago, Leo Natan said:

Post it over at RaceDepartment.

ok, i wait for the last codemasters update, and it will be released on the racedepartement or on YouTube, stay tuned.

  • Agree 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/27/2019 at 5:25 PM, KolysioN said:

it's for offline....

What can stop me ? last time I have posted this mod (for Dirt Rally 1 and Dirt 4) I had instant ban from the forum for "promoting hack tool".....

you were banned because it is a hack tool. you are hacking the game so that players can use any car on any track, which is against the wishes of the designers and the lawyers.

I personally do not have a problem with such a thing, but as bogani pointed out, the official forums aren't the place to promote your mod, and you will never get official permission to "release" it.

if it's just for offline use, just release it yourself and don't worry about cm.

  • Like 1
  • Agree 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/19/2019 at 8:06 PM, KolysioN said:

- Official = in the game by default, made by Codemasters.
- Not official = with the @Codemasters authorization, I will upload it as an "add on" to play offline, without censor, cause in the past they have censored me many times about the modding.

Dirt Rally 1 has ACAT mod, Dirt 4 has ACAT mod, Dirt Rally 2 has ACAT mod (under the table = wait for the Codemasters authorisation)

 

https://www.racedepartment.com/downloads/wrc-8-mods.29473/

here you have a mod which modify the physics, with more or less grip.
For Dirt rally 2.0, it's possible to have it, so I wait for an authorisation too.

Oh I see, so you want to collaborate with CM to integrate your mod into the game.  Normally to do that you would email them in the background and see if they are interested.   It's very rare that a mod is interesting enough for a developer to integrate it to their game, but of course it happens and often the modders are paid.

Edited by bn880

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
On 12/31/2019 at 6:13 AM, ianism said:

you were banned because it is a hack tool. you are hacking the game so that players can use any car on any track, which is against the wishes of the designers and the lawyers.

I personally do not have a problem with such a thing, but as bogani pointed out, the official forums aren't the place to promote your mod, and you will never get official permission to "release" it.

if it's just for offline use, just release it yourself and don't worry about cm.

I want to share🙂

Edited by KolysioN

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Wasn't ACAT the one mod that was permitted for DR1? It was playable through Steam and I remember it having some special status that made that possible.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

AWAT mod (Any Weather for Any Track) is in preparation, you will race with snow, rain, noon, everywhere ! And of course the fog can be properly added/removed for any rally !
Stay tuned on youtube !

Edited by KolysioN
  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/28/2019 at 3:21 PM, KolysioN said:

ok, i wait for the last codemasters update, and it will be released on the racedepartement or on YouTube, stay tuned.

Looking forward to your update KolysioN. My favorite addition to DR1 from the ACAT mod was the ability to race simultaneously with friends in rally mode, hopefully this will make it possible for DR2.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Drive404 said:

Looking forward to your update KolysioN. My favorite addition to DR1 from the ACAT mod was the ability to race simultaneously with friends in rally mode, hopefully this will make it possible for DR2.

 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
Sign in to follow this  

×