Sign in to follow this  

2019 World RX Supercars - Available Now in DiRT Rally 2.0

nope.avi

Adding new cars doesn't do much good when it's impossible to race these cars offline because of broken AI times in qualifiers.

Why do you allow such a fixable problem to ruin offline rallycross?

20200127223329_1.thumb.jpg.db4f4266c36c62b23f1f6900a54f57e2.jpg20200127223333_1.thumb.jpg.ed7fc997df95594e9f005e2734dd3f9e.jpg

• Agree 3

I don't have any problem with AI times in Qualifying on a dry track except maybe Mettet where the AI is really strong. When the track is wet it's another story the AI is just too slow. 

Sorry Codemasters, but this is not the Ford that Pal try drove this year ...

This is the Ford Fiesta Stard that we were expecting.  :classic_ninja:

Image result for Pal Try rx 2019

• Like 2

Just now, JamesMcAdam said:

Yup. 

the lack of Hyundai cars in this game is weird. i can understand the i20 R5 not being in the game due to licensing, since it's tied up with the WRC and Kylotonn probably wanted it as a WRC 8 exclusive.

But no GRX Taneco i20? That's quite a big omission, especially since the team won 3/10 rounds of the 2019 Rx season. And there's no rallycross in WRC 8 at all.

• Agree 2

29 minutes ago, Tranzitive said:

the lack of Hyundai cars in this game is weird. i can understand the i20 R5 not being in the game due to licensing, since it's tied up with the WRC and Kylotonn probably wanted it as a WRC 8 exclusive.

But no GRX Taneco i20? That's quite a big omission, especially since the team won 3/10 rounds of the 2019 Rx season. And there's no rallycross in WRC 8 at all.

That was already the case in Dirt 4 with the audi EKS that we missed so much. 

Licensing is really annoying for fans. 

I saw a insta story of Niclas G. a few days ag, answering the question "i20 in DR2". He said : maybe.

So, I am still thinking the Father Christmas.

With a such addition, it would make DR 2.0 the real and most complete RX game and best RX game ever created. :classic_biggrin:

• Agree 3

The STARD Fiesta is pretty annoying really: given that every other car is pretty much spot on, it is annoying that one is a substitute. 

Agree that it would really round things off if they could get the GRX cars, but I guess it is an impossibility at this point. 

Downloaded the cars late last night and did one race in the MINI (at Hell). I broke my own lap record on the third lap, so I was either particularly on form last night or (more likely) the MINI is going to be the fastest car in class! 

• Confused 1

6 hours ago, JamesMcAdam said:

1 hour ago, tbtstt said:

The STARD Fiesta is pretty annoying really: given that every other car is pretty much spot on, it is annoying that one is a substitute. 

Yeah, I really hoped for the real RXS Evo 3/4 aswell. 

What is also pretty much annoying is the prize, it is the same as the other two cars, for basically a new livery on a car that already existed back in DiRT Rally 1.

I can understand moddeling costs time, and you not really going to invest in a car that partially entered by a not high profile drive (although he is a bit of a fan favorite), but than at least not had mentioned the car as "(STARD)" but just as "(MK7)" or something and had lowered the prize for this particular car, or gave it free as a marketing spin-off so people could try the 2019 championship and maybe therefore will buy the rest of the 2019 cars. 

Also the STARD MK7 (RXS Evo 4) is based on the R5 car.

pal-try-stard-francois-duval-e-1.jpg Janis%20Baumanis%20in%20Action%20Norway_.jpg

Afbeeldingsresultaat voor Fiesta R5" Afbeeldingsresultaat voor Fiesta R5"

Outside changes
- Rear wing (DiRT Rally 1 Fiesta WRC had it)
- A little bit adjusted outlets on the hood
- Removed the air scoop
- Small udjustment to the front bumper (sides)
- The fenders behind the front wheels are different
- New rear fenders, incorporating with the bumper and holes for the radiators.
- Rear bonnet needs an exit for the radiators
Interior changes
- Radiators in the back of the car
- Maybe a new display (which can be used from the RXS Evo 5)
- Removed of passenger seat
- Maybe some other small details
Sounds
- Can be from the RXS Evo 5
Physics
- Can be fromt he OMSE if you want.

I know its not a small list, but a list you pay for and was expected.

Also a lot of times, really a lot of times people asked for what the different Fiesta's were, but Codies never gave an answer about this. I not blame PJT for this, but seriously people asked this a lot of times. People were expecting the real STARD MK7 as it was logical (especially as the MK8 versions were updated correctly), but Codies never corrected this.

It's a missed opportunity. I hope Codies will kinda correct this somehow. 

See I am more than happy to pay for the Focus RS, Marklund Polo and the DS3 to get them into DR2.0, but pay for a car which is already in the game and Codies never communicated well about...

• Agree 2

Well I am not sure what was happening the other night, as I tried the MINI on a couple of different circuits last night (Estering and Holjes) and I was struggling to get within a second of my best lap times! :classic_laugh:

Will put some more time in with it and give the Clio a try this evening. I feel like I need to be giving the Ibiza more attention as well. 

On 1/28/2020 at 9:45 AM, PJTierney said:

The final batch of cars are out today, here's the post with more info:

@PJTierney Got the 3 cars through My Games & Apps, but not the 12th Livery Pack yet?

It's not showing up in the ready to install-section.

(X-Box One S)

• Agree 1

37 minutes ago, UnderclassGDfan said:

@PJTierney Got the 3 cars through My Games & Apps, but not the 12th Livery Pack yet?

It's not showing up in the ready to install-section.

(X-Box One S)

Known issue, some snag in the store backend but actively being worked on 🙂 

• Thanks 2

Any chance we can get some word on the Rallycross AI issues in the game? I've posted the same things in about 3 different bug reporting threads now going back to at least 1.10, and since 1.13 is a fair amount of time away it would be nice to know whether any changes are even being considered.

If you compare the RX AI to the first DiRT Rally, or hell, even DiRT 4, the difference is night and day, and not in a good way...

It's all very well having 13 tracks and a great selection of cars to play with, but when the AI pace is inconsistent between tracks, even inconsistent between the race you're in and the AI times from other heats, not to mention their visual pace in some corners (I'm looking at YOU Abu Dhabi hairpin), in addition to the AI's Joker lap decisions, ranging from the laughable (1st lap when they're in the lead - hello!?), to the arbitrary (3 cars Jokering at once all in a line), it's got to the point where there's honestly not much point playing offline or career Rallycross, at all, which is a crying shame.

To leave offline Rallycross in this state when support inevitably ends would be a massive disservice, especially to Season 1-4 owners who can't get the most out of the RX content they payed extra for. 

I'm basically begging at this point for some AI changes to come in 1.13. Help me @PJTierney, you're my only hope! :classic_biggrin:

• Like 1
  • Agree 6

Why is the Mini so fast in the game ? :classic_biggrin:

Oliver B. must have put something in the Licence agreement like : "Ok, I give you rights on Xite for DR2.0 and Grid, but my car has to been faster in the games than in reality" :classic_ninja:

29 minutes ago, JamesMcAdam said:

Oliver B. must have put something in the Licence agreement like : "Ok, I give you rights on Xite for DR2.0 and Grid, but my car has to been faster in the games than in reality" :classic_ninja:

Well it might be that quick in real life: it just breaks/rolls over before we can find out... 

• Haha 1

57 minutes ago, JamesMcAdam said:

Well, when I met him at Autosport Show he did say "I hope you made the MINI OP" 😄 

• Haha 1

20 hours ago, PJTierney said:

Known issue, some snag in the store backend but actively being worked on 🙂 

Is available for me now 🙂

I'm also having some issues with the 2019 Supercar Rallycross AI. They always post incredibly fast times when not in the same race as the player. I find that I can consistently win the heat race by 1-2 seconds to to the nearest AI driver, but always end up in the lower half of the time-sheets in the qualifiers, even when racing some of the quicker AI drivers in the same heat. These AI drivers I have just beaten then go on to post times several seconds faster in the next heat race when they are not in the same race as the player.

This become quite frustrating when completing championships, as its very difficult to score good points in the qualifiers or even make it through to the semi finals on some tracks where the AI are particularly strong such as Mettet or Barcelona.

Also, as previous posts have mentioned, the AI have some really odd joker lap strategies. Notably, if an AI driver is leading the race on the first lap, they always take the joker effectively giving up the lead and in most cases, any chance of a good result in that race as they just get stuck in traffic.

Hoping these issues are soon fixed in a future update. 

• Agree 4

36 minutes ago, PeterB18 said:

I'm also having some issues with the 2019 Supercar Rallycross AI. They always post incredibly fast times when not in the same race as the player. I find that I can consistently win the heat race by 1-2 seconds to to the nearest AI driver, but always end up in the lower half of the time-sheets in the qualifiers, even when racing some of the quicker AI drivers in the same heat. These AI drivers I have just beaten then go on to post times several seconds faster in the next heat race when they are not in the same race as the player.

This become quite frustrating when completing championships, as its very difficult to score good points in the qualifiers or even make it through to the semi finals on some tracks where the AI are particularly strong such as Mettet or Barcelona.

Also, as previous posts have mentioned, the AI have some really odd joker lap strategies. Notably, if an AI driver is leading the race on the first lap, they always take the joker effectively giving up the lead and in most cases, any chance of a good result in that race as they just get stuck in traffic.

ya this has been an issue in RX since the game came out a year ago 😕

so it's not just the 2019 Supercars

• Agree 3

43 minutes ago, ianism said:

ya this has been an issue in RX since the game came out a year ago 😕

Unfortunately nobody at CM seems to want to acknowledge it, however many times it's brought up 😪

• Agree 2

11 hours ago, PeterB18 said:

This is indeed a very big problem... We now have an official WRX game, then they **** up the realism of it with some weird AI actions and those weird time differences...

I really hope they will fix it as soon as possible!

• Agree 2