Scheduled Updates and BETA Shutdown - 06/07/2020 Read more... ×
F1 2020 | KNOWN KEY ISSUES | READ ME!!! Read more... ×

F1 2020, my new ideas. How I dream it!!!

Hi Everybody,

I want open this new discussion to know how you think about my idea for a future game F1 2020.

As you can see, my idea is mainly based on a graphic collection, similar to the one with which Codemasters publishes its phenomenal racing video games, especially those of the F1 series, based however on the slight difference of proposed contents. As already written on the images, they are only examples and any name or brand imprinted inside them has been reported only for a graphic exhibition in order to better understand the concept. I wanted to add the F1 fonts and get closer to the official graphics.

And now let's move on to the game themes.
The video game is mainly based on two career methods: the classic one of the "ranks" of pilot, with the difference of trying to land in F1 from the F2 only and only if you arrive at least thirds in the championship. The career mode, in my opinion, should be similar to that known up to F1 2019 with the difference that the swap of the drivers should be at least at the end of the natural contracts in place and not during the current season (beautiful, but not very realistic if in reality we only know the real swap that took place this year between Gasly and Albon in Toro Rosso). Then, vendor swap by season would also be wonderful. For example, Alpha Tauri and Red Bull that from Honda pass to Mercedes, or HAAS that passes to Honda, just to give a practical example. Now, the highlight, for those who also care about the managerial side of an F1 team, would be to make a career as a driver and head of the team, taking care of the main aspects and being the eleventh team that takes the seasons away with a budget management that must be taken care of after a total number of races, a bit like it was in F1 2018 during the discussion of the contracts, but aimed as a team, that is, the care of the sponsors, the confirmation of some technicians and engineers, the development of the car , the compensation, ...
Then there are other themes that respectively represent the "head-to-head" duel with your team-mate, competing in one or more heats at choice on circuits loaded at random by the computer. The winner is the one who scores the best average between pole, victories and fastest laps and time at the top of the race. Another aspect is that of the historical races, relive the duels of the past such as Villeneuve and Pironi, Lauda and Hunt, Schumacher and Hakkinen and obviously Senna with Prost but on several occasions and try, albeit virtually, to change the outcome of the real outcome . The last is the classic theme of the F1 single Grand Prix, where you can randomly choose between normal or timed racing. In short, I put some stuff in it, hoping that the Codemasters developer friends can have more information from us enthusiasts to make the video game as exciting as possible. Thanks for the kind attention reserved to me.

P.S.: if you have anything adding about my ideas, please propose it, thanks!!!

Diapositiva1.JPG

Diapositiva2.JPG

Diapositiva3.JPG

Diapositiva4.JPG

Diapositiva5.JPG

Diapositiva6.JPG

Diapositiva7.JPG

Diapositiva8.JPG

Diapositiva9.JPG

Diapositiva9.JPG

Edited by G47
  • Like 3
  • Agree 3

Excuse my cynicism but when the core game functions as advertised then I would be very happy to see new features like this added.

If I remember correctly it has taken 4 years to get the career car development into the state it is, and arguably, it is still not working correctly. Then there is the driver transfers, a highly requested feature that when combined with the car development system basically broke the career mode, as it was impossible for the player to keep pace with AI teams development. Do I need mention the increasingly broken saftey car feature, AI behavior on out/in laps in quali, or lapped car/blue flag behaviour?

Personally I fear the more the community demand more features, the more broken the game becomes. Codemasters, it would appear, simply don't have the resources to deliver what they advertise. Patches have in some cases fixed issues but in most cases have just covered the cracks, or caused bigger issues. Then the following years release has the same bugs to solve all over again plus a plethora of new ones!

I would love this game to be a success however codemasters give me little reason to believe this will ever happen. Perhaps this is due to my personal expectations but I think the game tries to be all things to all customers, and that is an impossible premise.

Edited by ChasteWand
typo
  • Agree 2

Some nice ideas, I'd love to see historic mode run for a whole season with ALL the cars and drivers involved available from classic seasons. Seasons could be paid DLC rather than money grabbing seasonal liveries. 

• Agree 4

Nice work, you have put quite some work into it. Do hope the classic mode will be there again and full season like you wish for, but there are multiple problems creating that (licensing being the main problem). Personally I would have loved to see an anniversary edition with all earlier editions updated to todays standards and being able to start a career from there instead of playing a career into the future. I’m no fan of personal liveries.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

Other ideas: condition weather in real time with actually real condition (for only exception if there is snow where, the system can switch in heavy rain, for example), or weather season select (for example, Germany GP 2019 was raced in rain and the same condition are in first time of career season in German GP); tv sport breaking news: in connection from the autodrome, interview in third person and new camera mode (see Youtube link for this idea: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CYVlhhfyy5s ). However, thanks for all to have shared ideas in this post and constructionally discussion.

Edited by G47
  • Like 1
  • Agree 1

Another idea can be make about the swap drivers: for example, and if they want, introducing drivers that have raced in F1 in past seasons, how Alonso, Sutil, Chandok, Sirotkin, Petrov and more with ranking grade. That's fantastic about me, and you how think it? Or, for example, implement in game, dynamic loading, similary a Sherlock Holmes games, see this video on Youtube (I've put the loading moment). Not more a beautiful image about the circuit in loading, but see, in third person, a new scenario, how the drivers arrives in circuit and first preparation to race or practices. Modelling your face with use a webcam and photoscan mode, where you can put your camera and, with some moviments, the computer calculating your face in 3D in game and become your avatar. Is nice, do you really? In my humble opinion, some of our ideas can be more interesting for the gamers, that will be into a real F1 world also if in 3D.

• Like 1

I can 100% see manager mode happening one day if they make driver transfers happen then really anything is possible. 

• Agree 2

Another idea can be making a team order: if I drive and combat for the championship and I have in front of me my team mate, talking to box to overtake it and vice versa, if he combat for the championship. What do you think?

• Like 3

What do you think also about the box position in base of the championship? For example, I win with my team the constructor's championship and, as regulation, my team must have the first rank into the pitlane

• Like 1

The logo of team on helmet! F1 2019 was a very important game, because the swap driver is very lovable. But, we have a bit difficulty. For example: if a driver from Mercedes pass to Ferrari, why the Mercedes logo remain in the helmet? For my humble opinion, these texture must remain only to membership team. Is laughly to see Hamilton in Ferrari with Mercedes logo in his helmet, how also Vettel pass to Mercedes and have a pricing horse, typical Ferrari's symbol, what do you think it? And, can be beautiful if when we racing for a team, have in our helmet the team logo and his some sponsorship 😀

• Agree 1

So with the new multiplayer car designed as an independent car in 2019 which is customisable along with overalls and driver swaps, I fully expect a custom team mode for 2020 where you can replace 1 of the bottom teams - or even make it 11 teams (that would be cool)?!

I don't think it would have all the snazzy stuff as say Motorsport Manager has but I expect it to be your team to customize, with you as 1 driver and say Weber or other as the other. Driver swaps and as long as you have the budget, you could trade for a real driver to partner you can or perhaps even swap teams yourself. 

This would put a greater emphasis on team goals and rivalries in a championship in order to get the max prize money to advance you team and add better drivers.

Come on it's gotta be in there surely!!!

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

Another idea: human error. During the pit stops, the mechanics can fails during the wheels changing, or the car, because we don't pushing the clutch or leaving too early it, can stopping the car

Edited by G47
  • Like 3

Hey guys, what do you think about the pitlane exit until start GP? Can be interesting how idea? It's realistic?

Edited by G47
  • Like 2
  • Agree 1

Reaction in post race press conference interviews. Interaction with journalist and drivers (see this video for more comprehension of my idea: Abu Dhabi 2019 - Post race Press Conference). It's curiosly if can receive the answers of journalists and, for example, there's an interaction of driver arrived in podium and our avatar. Nice, do you really?

• Like 1

Another idea: for main music, if we have a Spotify account or Youtube Music, the personal music lists, can be heard during main menu and, if we want, during a league.

• Like 1

My ultimate dream would be a private online mode ... where at the end of the season or even during, new contracts will be offered depending on the results as in career ... it would be even more exciting to beat your friends...the coop mode was a good start some years ago...but abandoned

No actually my real ultimate dream would be a bug-free game;)

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

On 12/19/2019 at 2:23 PM, sloppysmusic said:

Some nice ideas, I'd love to see historic mode run for a whole season with ALL the cars and drivers involved available from classic seasons. Seasons could be paid DLC rather than money grabbing seasonal liveries. 

I have already create a DLC content and was my first point. After that I see you post here, so we are agree. 

I will finish to read this thread and I will give more ideas if they are not posted here.

• Agree 1

On 2/4/2020 at 1:37 PM, G47 said:

Another idea: human error. During the pit stops, the mechanics can fails during the wheels changing, or the car, because we don't pushing the clutch or leaving too early it, can stopping the car

I would like to have a manual pitlane entry/exit with no cinematic unless you are in front of your team mates.

Edited by JuanCarMR
  • Like 2
  • Agree 1

22 hours ago, G47 said:

Hey guys, what do you think about the pitlane exit until start GP? Can be interesting how idea? It's realistic?

I understand that you want to see cars starting the race no in the grid but also in the pitlane, isn't it?

Even for leagues should be awesome.

• Agree 2

would like to see as well mechanical wear online in a season, where you must change the engine if it is broken or weared massivaly, or you can manage your 4 compulsory engines for all the season (if your season is 100% of course) in other cases it depends of the number of races, it should be less engines available.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

5 hours ago, JuanCarMR said:

I understand that you want to see cars starting the race no in the grid but also in the pitlane, isn't it?

Even for leagues should be awesome. 

Exactly as you said. In my humble opinion, F1 2020 by Codemasters can be a great turning point in F1 video games in history. The gamers must be "living" an game experience with more realism. I think the Codemasters can make a strong F1 game in ever. I hope that our ideas can be interesting for their development game series

Great thread, with a lot of nice ideas!

Imo, i personally believe, going from Codemasters past, that F1 2020 will not be a revolutionary game, but simply a new installment as a natural continuation of all that F1 2019 offered already, with a few small tweaks here and there and a couple of new features.

There might be 2 different plans to approach this dilemma:

Plan 1.

The next gen consoles, PS5 / Xbox Series X, are about to get published soon and 2021 will be bringing a completely new Formula to the sports, hence why putting all focus on F1 2021 the game makes more sense, especially if Codemasters are working on a new game engine to use the new power of the next consoles more efficiently.

Plan 2.

But, i could be wrong and Codemasters might plan to bring out F1 2020 on both the new gen PS5 / Xbox Series X and the current gen PS4 / Xbox One, to sell more copies as EA / DICE did with Battlefield 4 back in the days.

I only hope that plan 1 is the path they have chosen, as plan 2 might hinder any proper development in terms of actually making the game become better for the future in terms of handling / physiscs / car setup / AI / online stability / animations / graphical fidelity / audio quality etc., also as mentioned already Battlefield 4 on the old gen of PS3 / Xbox 360 was nowhere near the PS4 / Xbox One version.

Whatever Codemasters decided to do, we will know in the next couple of months whether to expect a masterpiece or a disaster for F1 2020 / F1 2021.

(There might be a third plan, where F1 becomes a platform as iRacing or Assetto Corsa and all forthcoming seasons will be available as DLC)

Who knows.

Edited by TheEmpireWasRight
  • Agree 1

3 hours ago, TheEmpireWasRight said:

There might be a third plan, where F1 becomes a platform as iRacing or Assetto Corsa and all forthcoming seasons will be available as DLC)

IMO it would be nice to do these plan. A 2020 season as a dlc and in the next gen a F1 game (without a number) where you have a base of tracks and cars of the 2021 season, and year after year a dlc tracks and seasons cars. For instance, you would not need to buy all the 2022 cars just only the ones you wanted to have in order to play with them. Even every chasis change of every car should be launched as a dlc during that season as well. With the tracks more of the same, if in Singapore the F1 change a chicane, they insert a dlc with the change and all of us who want to play with the new version must pass by cashier. If you want all cars the price should be maybe the same or so of a new game. With this path they can continue enhanced the game and for us we make sure that the vast majority of the bug which appears in every game launch are solved. 
If you are a new gamer you have the last season with the last cars and tracks. But if you want an specific car or track from a season before, as you have it as a DLC, you don’t have any problem. Buy it. 
Even for ones who plays offline, you can buy performances, new features etc. 
I think that this way is a win-win way as Iracing and ACC are. And now Codemasters have a very good base to do it. The strongest base they have the easiest would be the concept change. 

• Like 1
  • Agree 1