Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

[IMPROVEMENT] League Functionality Improvements

I love the league functionality and it looks like it is going to work great for our league. However there are some things that could use improvement:

1) Control over the assists that can be used in our events. - At the very least we would like to disable assists entirely, but having a granular way to enable and disable assists and camera views would really help our events.

2) Stage times - The current system shows accumulated time up thru that stage. It would be really nice if it also showed the time for only that stage as well as the accumulated time to that point.

3) Formatting in the description - At least line breaks, also URLs would be nice. Full markup would be awesome, but simply respecting line breaks would go very far.

4) Results are not available after the season is over. I did not realize this and lost the results of my first event.

Thanks!

I agree.
So much potential with the leagues. But there's too few settings.

Added:

4) Results are not available after the season is over. I did not realize this and lost the results of my first event.

I was actually thinking of creating a thread before finding this. Completely agree.

Yes, needs to be improved. Not being able to see the results after an event has finished definitely needs to be fixed, and I know the data is still there because if you don't refresh the page you can still scroll through the stages and overall result just fine.

Yes, as the leader of league. I like your suggestions.
1) Controlling over assists are now settled in our league just by that everyone agreed to put assists to zero. As leader, I would like to set that legally with settings to everyone that participate on that league, just to be sure we have fair game.

4) Lost results are lost now. It is really shame for us when we like to check out who did good last event, and how someone collapsed at somepoint etc.. I understand that this feature doesn't really affect on dailies or something like that big public leagues. But small groups/leagues like to compare and speculate, and missing this feature is big shame.. I believe that it isn't even hard to create by webcoders. Results must be somewhere there in the code. Just add layout for everyone to see :)
(if someone is wanting these result so bad as I am, you can uplift this problem to Codies eyes by voting in my poll too... http://forums.codemasters.com/discussion/6895/improvement-previous-events-standings)

I'd like to bump this. We still desperately need more league functionality. Old championships and and rally results need to remain, the ability to change the points scoring system, ability to have different sorts of points tables in one championship (if you do a multi-class format), control over upgrades, control over assists, the list goes on. The points thing wouldn't even be so important if the website would actually store a rally result once it's finished. As it is, the league system just isn't offering enough to us league admins. Please, give us the tools to run leagues the way we need to.