Error Code 1008:H Master Thread

Hi @Supermariobonny,

This error code, to translate, is a connectivity issue with the first party (Steam, Xbox, PS4).

Please have a read through this thread as there is lots of varied suggestions to get you back up and racing!

• Disagree 1

On 12/18/2019 at 1:22 PM, 1512marcel said:

Did you try changing your DNS settings like the solution @Zukkinakiller96 offered? Or try setting up a static IP address. That might help too. Check out this link: https://portforward.com/networking/static-ip-ps4/ Whatever you are trying, always make sure to have all details of your original settings so you can return to the original settings.

I tried but it doesn't work

12 hours ago, Supermariobonny said:

I tried all the proposal nothing works!!!

Have you checked your firewall settings as well are your connectivity options. Also try and hard reset the console (if applicable) and reset the router too. This is a problem with connection to the first party (Steam, PS, Xbox Live)

• Disagree 1

HI @Deddo98,

Thanks for your post. 

1008:H is a often reported error. Please check the forums when possible to see if there is already a thread on your problem. Looking through this should help.

1008:H è un errore spesso segnalato. Si prega di controllare i forum quando possibile per vedere se c'è già un thread sul tuo problema. Guardare attraverso questo dovrebbe aiutare.

Please try to post in English, as this is the chosen language for the forum. Using translate might help.

23 minutes ago, Deddo98 said:

Questo mi compare sempre nel menu di formula 1 come posso risolvere (scrivo dall'italia)

Grazie

15768423864227225075153844103669.jpg

This always appears in the formula 1 menu if I can solve it (I am writing from Italy)

On 12/20/2019 at 9:08 PM, Giovy1006 said:

Now I have this error in the ranked lobbyK96hrvh.png

What's happening?

HI @Giovy1006,

This would be a different error code, please try to find another thread with this code on. If not, feel free to start a new post. This is because 1008:H is a common error code and it would be best for everyone to keep them separate 😊

Try here: 

Had no problems with 2018 neither 2019, until today when I reinstalled F1 2019!

Have tried everything, "reboot's", drivers, with or without vpn, firewall etc...

Reinstalled on the "C:/programs86" drive at first, after that I tried on a SSD slave disk, same problem.

Running on PC/win 7

Thanx in advance

Edited by CeeJ

1008:H is a common error code, reported in our forums. Try the master thread here, I'll merge this into the master

• Disagree 1

I hope you @ Codemasters address this issue soon, as it seems, it's a common problem many suffers from....Not so very ok imo...

Edited by BarryBL
Human error and misquote
  • Like 1

@codemasters just sayin: there is already a thread on your problem. Looking through this should help.

Doens´t help at all!

What do u think we are doing? Of cause we tried all the "solutions"... nothing works, so what know???

I mean even if its not a Codemaster problem u guys should be interested in fixin this together with Steam,Xbox, and PS4!

But i guess this shows how much Codemaster care about their community.

I also have this problem since 2 days.

And I also tried to restart all, reinstall all, switch off firewall and all these typical things, without success.

But perhaps I have some information for Codemasters, which can help to find this bug.

I had a look in Wireshark, what happens, when the game tries to get a connection to a multiplayer game: It always end up with an errors from server, then server closes connection:

- Alert (Level: Fatal, Description: Protocol Version)

- Alert (Level: Fatal, Description: Handshake Failure)

In appendix a screenshot of Wireshark, capturing packets with TCP.port=443.

wireshark.png

• Agree 1

went to play F1 2019 yesterday on windows 7 and I have to been struck with this issue, still no good today.   Played a couple of days after the last patch with no issues havent changed a thing on my end.  Pretty Balls.

People with windows 10 are also getting the same issue.

And Codemasters has not yet solved the issue. Im still off.

It seems to me that this issues turns up every know and then, but hits only a small number of people ( at least those who take the trouble reporting it). Without saying you’re problem is only minor, I still believe this is a local problem. Otherwise the forum would have been floaded with reports. But, there is something triggering your issue. Reading back in this post you will see that the problem is only temporary; it dies out without a clear solution. I’m not saying you have to sit it out but any help regarding small things that might have changed in your personal network situation might help finding the cause. (Driver updates, configuration change, new hardware, mods or anything else that recently has changed in your configuration. I’m pretty sure this has nothing to do with Codemasters but something to do with a local network setting. 
@BarryBL and or @steviejay69 can you or the devs have a look at the @FrankThe599th report. That is new info to me that might shine a light on what is going on. 

1 hour ago, 1512marcel said:

It seems to me that this issues turns up every know and then, but hits only a small number of people ( at least those who take the trouble reporting it). Without saying you’re problem is only minor, I still believe this is a local problem. Otherwise the forum would have been floaded with reports. But, there is something triggering your issue. Reading back in this post you will see that the problem is only temporary; it dies out without a clear solution. I’m not saying you have to sit it out but any help regarding small things that might have changed in your personal network situation might help finding the cause. (Driver updates, configuration change, new hardware, mods or anything else that recently has changed in your configuration. I’m pretty sure this has nothing to do with Codemasters but something to do with a local network setting. 
@BarryBL and or @steviejay69 can you or the devs have a look at the @FrankThe599th report. That is new info to me that might shine a light on what is going on. 

Not sure. It seems to me to indicate the client is waiting for data from the server (host) and timing out. So that really doesn't shed much new light other than why SSLv3 is being used instead of TLSv1 (but that looks like some kind of fallback procedure from the TLSv1 failure).

2 hours ago, 1512marcel said:

Not sure. It seems to me to indicate the client is waiting for data from the server (host) and timing out. So that really doesn't shed much new light other than why SSLv3 is being used instead of TLSv1 (but that looks like some kind of fallback procedure from the TLSv1 failure). 

Problem now still exists since 4 days without repairing itself.

I posted this Wireshark report only to prove, that it is not a problem of the users. You can see, that the client (192.168.x.x) starts a TCP connection (SYN), the server answers (SYN, ACK) and the clients confirms (ACK). That's the usual 3 way handshake of a TCP connection. And if there would be a problem at clients (firewalls, router, ...), this connection wouldn't be established. After one packet of client (Client Hello) the server answers with an error and closes the connection (FIN). So it is no timeout at a client.

I don't know, if that shown protocol (TLSv1, SSLv3, TLSv1.2, ...) by Wireshark is right, I think, Wireshark is not able to evaluate this data in detail, it only knows, which protocols belong to port 443 and shows one randomly.

If that error is really so sheldom, I can provide you some binary files of the network traffic, if it can help to find the problem.

• Like 1

Problem is not local, I have as well reinstalled everything without success... 2018 works fine, but 2019 does not...
The sound has started stutter/clip as well, anyone else noticed the same?

8 hours ago, FrankThe599th said:

Problem now still exists since 4 days without repairing itself.

I posted this Wireshark report only to prove, that it is not a problem of the users. You can see, that the client (192.168.x.x) starts a TCP connection (SYN), the server answers (SYN, ACK) and the clients confirms (ACK). That's the usual 3 way handshake of a TCP connection. And if there would be a problem at clients (firewalls, router, ...), this connection wouldn't be established. After one packet of client (Client Hello) the server answers with an error and closes the connection (FIN). So it is no timeout at a client.

I don't know, if that shown protocol (TLSv1, SSLv3, TLSv1.2, ...) by Wireshark is right, I think, Wireshark is not able to evaluate this data in detail, it only knows, which protocols belong to port 443 and shows one randomly.

If that error is really so sheldom, I can provide you some binary files of the network traffic, if it can help to find the problem.

But don’t you agree with me that this error should probably hit thousands of users if you are correct and not only the the 4 or 5 listing the problem here. That doesn’t make sense.