Hi! 

Since f1 2019 now is for sale for 19.99 USD in ps store, want to to know is it worth the price? Is safety car bug fixed? 

For now still playing f1 2018

1 hour ago, massa88 said:

I had it few times,so it is exist

And you still thinking it works great?

1 hour ago, TNTMati said:

And you still thinking it works great?

not saying it is working great
it could get out more often,
but when he get out i didn't saw much wrong with it

For now

Edited by massa88

It’s definitely not working perfect, but I find it kind strange to buy a racing game just because it has a working safety car feature. I agree that a working safety car can add a nice strategic element but its not the core of a racing game. But that’s just my idea on the matter.

I had the safety car in 14 out of 21 races in my 2018 career. Only works properly if your on the lead lap restarts are a mess with backmarkers not allowed to unlap themselves.

On 12/21/2019 at 3:48 PM, 1512marcel said:

It’s definitely not working perfect, but I find it kind strange to buy a racing game just because it has a working safety car feature. I agree that a working safety car can add a nice strategic element but its not the core of a racing game. But that’s just my idea on the matter.

It's a very big part of f1 and when it does go out it affects the race of a lot of people very drastically. so i find it kind of strange that you think a function that has a huge impact on the results of races and isn't working properly is not a problem.

When there's a big crash at the start: 3 cars without tires stationary on the straight, People needing to pit. Those times it makes sense to send out the safety car from a realism (safety) as well as a race standpoint (not 4 drivers 40 seconds down from the start) but we most likely get nothing. 

But all too often a driver retires in the pits mid-race. And after retiring the car goes on to make its pitstop, smart ai drives back on track causes a safety car. 

@1512marcel

Not everybody just plays time trial.. Some people do actual races and when a huge mechanic determining the outcome of the race is NOT working properly it is a big issue and a very logical reason not to buy the game.

It's realistic you lose your lead if the safety car comes out but if it is for NO reason at all it gets very frustrating very quickly. If then the next race you drive through a car graveyard and there's no sign of any safety car and you realize that s hit might as well be random, and it all is just a lottery based on hardly anything, then you'll know that the game has it very wrong. Racing should never feel like a lottery because that literally messes up your 'core of a racing game'. 

Edited by Bicarda
  • Thanks 2
  • Agree 4

Perhaps most importantly, it is an advertised feature of the game. A feature that clearly does not work. Moreover no response or communication about fixing this broken feature. Simply disgraceful.

They also advertised livery and car/driver performance updates throughout the F1 season, yet both remain unrealistic. Infact it was confirmed they will not be any more updates fo car/driver performance.

The games industry has a lot to answer for as in many cases they simply do not deliver what they advertise. I understand no game will ever be perfect but the practice of releasing unfinished and broken games that never reach a satisfactory state seems to be condoned and even rewarded and praised!

Why should I spend my hard earned cash on games like this?

• Agree 1

5 hours ago, ChasteWand said:

Perhaps most importantly, it is an advertised feature of the game. A feature that clearly does not work. Moreover no response or communication about fixing this broken feature. Simply disgraceful.

They also advertised livery and car/driver performance updates throughout the F1 season, yet both remain unrealistic. Infact it was confirmed they will not be any more updates fo car/driver performance.

The games industry has a lot to answer for as in many cases they simply do not deliver what they advertise. I understand no game will ever be perfect but the practice of releasing unfinished and broken games that never reach a satisfactory state seems to be condoned and even rewarded and praised!

Why should I spend my hard earned cash on games like this?

I agree it's an integral part of real racing these days. So many teams and drivers are almost praying for a safety car as it gives a chance to the lower order teams to get points with some quick thinking strategy or with the big teams it can make a difference between a lower podium finish and a win. Before some races at certain tracks (Baku and Monaco spring to mind) teams already have a strategy in place before the race starts as to how to take advantage or an SC to jump up the order. 

As to the whole industry dropping standards I agree. Especially AAA games. The mantra seems to be HYPE/RELEASE/PATCHES/DLC (the last 2 in random order. 

At least we can be grateful Bethesda don't make the F1 games. Can you imagine what "Formula 76" would be like?! 

🤔😳

• Agree 1

It’s is easy to understand, if you are not agree with SC, disable it in the options menu, BUT if it is in the game, if we have the option to select the SC, THIS ISSUE MUST WORK PROPERLY.
So, for those who think that SC works properly, there are a lot of post showing the opposite, for those who complain about the SC could break a race,I agree,  it's the grace of racing, disable it and everybody friends. 

• Agree 2