Sign in to follow this  

Is there any approximate timeline for DIRT3 to hit Steam?

I saw Lee had posted in the Steam forum http://steamcommunity.com/app/44320/discussions/0/558746745592088289/#c558754899327458570

But is there any indication of what quarter (at least) this might happen? Before or after GFWL dies off entirely?

Of course whatever else DIRTi is out there comes first, just wondering, that's all :-)

It was originally planned to be done by now as you can see by that thread on Steam. I wish I could give you a date but I don't have one at the moment. Not the answer you wanted sorry :(

I'm pretty sure Dirt 3 is already on Steam. On Steam right now it says you can buy it for $24.99. I don't know if I'm looking at it wrong but I'm pretty sure you can get it right now.

Jess4909 said:
I'm pretty sure Dirt 3 is already on Steam. On Steam right now it says you can buy it for $24.99. I don't know if I'm looking at it wrong but I'm pretty sure you can get it right now.
Yup you're looking at it wrong. He meant when the GFWL 'system' will be removed from DiRT 3 and replaced by Steamworks multiplayer/achievements/profile sync etc.

Im soo excited for the update. Honestly DiRT 3 is like a new game to me, since ive been holding off playing it until the update. 

When it happens itl be like ive just bought me a brand new DiRT game, which will be cool to say the least! And ill be off for the summer so ill have time to play it too.

So until this is done there's no way to get any of the DLC?

Yeah, it's the removal of GFWL that I was really on about. I bought the Complete Edition on PC, but suspect that the 2 add-on packs that you have to download through GFWL (as they wouldn't fit on the disc!) might not be around for much longer...

Grrr this is infuriating. Game keeps flaunting cars at me and saying "hey look, you could buy this" AND I CAN'T. I've been sold half a game which is offensive enough but being completely unable to buy the other half is even worse!

I agree! They need to get on this ASAP. After all, we supported Codemasters to become the company it is today. Lets keep the existing customers happy shall we?

Enjoy!

Peter