Want to report an issue? Have a bug to report? Please look here first!!!! Read more... ×

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

[PS4] [F1 2019 v1.18] I always find traffic after my flying lap

This is a persisting issue from F1 2018. When I go on a flying lap either to perform practice tests or qualifying laps, there is always someone exiting the pits and interfering with my lap.

Just as in real life. But it happens quite often were in real life teams check for needed gaps and let you go at the right moment. Before leaving the pit you can check the position of other drivers (if you choose to drive out and not choose the flying lap option. It is however difficult to time this correct since there is the time you need to leave the pits. So yes, this is something to look into for next edition. Don't expect this to be solved in this edition. And yes, I know the issue has been around longer.

56 minutes ago, 1512marcel said:

Just as in real life. But it happens quite often were in real life teams check for needed gaps and let you go at the right moment. Before leaving the pit you can check the position of other drivers (if you choose to drive out and not choose the flying lap option. It is however difficult to time this correct since there is the time you need to leave the pits. So yes, this is something to look into for next edition. Don't expect this to be solved in this edition. And yes, I know the issue has been around longer.

Yes, but why does this happen?

It's unfair because AI post times they don't actually simulate in qualifying, they're still scripted. All the AI seems to do is block attempts by the player. I don't play career because of things like this, it even happens in GP mode.

In the last 11 hours I've used in my new career mode, I've only experienced it once, and it was because I left the garage at the second the game loaded, so I guess try to avoid that 🙂 

@steviejay69 I doubt that the times can be simulated in "proper" sessions as you can check the cars' replays at any point in time, making it very difficult to have replay of those cars if they wouldn't be driving. This most likely happened in the older F1 games though.

The AI will most likely run with simulated times when you're simulating the session (such as speeding up the session timer), because it could be too hard on weaker machines to keep up when the game would have to simulate hundreds of laps in a few seconds.

53 minutes ago, UP100 said:

In the last 11 hours I've used in my new career mode, I've only experienced it once, and it was because I left the garage at the second the game loaded, so I guess try to avoid that 🙂 

@steviejay69 I doubt that the times can be simulated in "proper" sessions as you can check the cars' replays at any point in time, making it very difficult to have replay of those cars if they wouldn't be driving. This most likely happened in the older F1 games though.

The AI will most likely run with simulated times when you're simulating the session (such as speeding up the session timer), because it could be too hard on weaker machines to keep up when the game would have to simulate hundreds of laps in a few seconds.

My experience differs, but yes you can almost guarantee this if you speed up the session.

I don't see how this is relevant in game design - if as you are saying the slower machines cannot keep up with simulating the laps then surely, limiting the rate at which the session can be sped up would be preferable. But it is likely that the position of cars on track is affected, because again my experience tells me that the cars drive as if they are on a hotlap until they've baulked you, then back right off. It doesn't matter if you have a steady or fast out lap, try to leave space for a run because cars will;

a) leave the pit entry at the precise moment to compromise your line into T1

b) engage in blocking behaviour by not allowing space ahead

c) sit on the racing line whilst not at racing speed

d) duel with you until they have contacted your car and either caused damage or a poor line, then....back right off

AND THEY NEVER GET PENALISED FOR DOING SO

It's almost always the case. In previous games they have parked on the track 4 wide during a session. I still don't understand why the cars hit each other after a session ends, perhaps you could ask the devs why they do?

28 minutes ago, steviejay69 said:

I still don't understand why the cars hit each other after a session ends

At least previously post-race collisions would be caused because one of the drivers ran out of fuel before/after the line, so all the other cars will just go into this huge train as they all run the exact same line.

1 minute ago, UP100 said:

At least previously post-race collisions would be caused because one of the drivers ran out of fuel before/after the line, so all the other cars will just go into this huge train as they all run the exact same line.

At least this verifies the AI awareness is zero.

I know it happens in real life but not like that. Most of the time, they are exiting the pits when I am on the start/finish line and they don't move over, quite often blocking me.

10 hours ago, spiros91 said:

I know it happens in real life but not like that. Most of the time, they are exiting the pits when I am on the start/finish line and they don't move over, quite often blocking me.

Yeah I guess this happens because the AI has most likely been told to not slow down to a halt on the pit exit or something, so they can avoid the player only after the next corner... or something like that.

It's especially noticeable in Melbourne,

Ai probably just uses the pit assist while exiting the pits so it isn't really 'alive' at that point. It just blindly throws the car into the first apex just as people with pit assist on would
(That assist should be removed btw.. it is a cheat on one end and a huge liability on the other end of the pitlane.. it doesn't really 'assist' in anything. Just makes it more dangerous for everyone) 
and in the process screwing over anyone who is unfortunate enough to be approaching. 

They should have the AI take notice of the main straight from the moment they cross the pit limiter line and wait/aim for a gap accordingly. 
If the devs are unable to make it happen they should ghost AI cars coming out of the pits (as well as people using pit assist) until they are. 

I was playing today in Hockenheim and I had 3 different incidents as I was on my fast lap. At least two of them was during my last lap in Qualifying (short). I seriously can not remember if the other was during practice, but it doesn't matter. So I have uploaded two videos and 3 pictures. (The 3 pictures is when a Toro Roso left the pits and went in my way).

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg