DiRT Rally 2.0 - New Player Guide Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  

Dirt psvr pro

Hello,

I am a big fan of dirt games for years and now i cannot stop playing dirt psvr on pro. However, sometimes it's ugly with a huge aliasing.

It could have been the best games ever on console ... Why codemaster didn't optimise the psvr version on Pro ?

Really ? My bad i looked for info and it's not mentioned anywhere ...

As the pro is 2 times more powerful than the fat, it should have been really better ... This aliasing is a real nightmare ...

Anyway it' playable with the Pro, so i feel already lucky ...

I am going to buy the dirt rally 2 complete edition and i will prey for a psvr patch in 2020

Edited by Dagget34

Knowing the relatively low performance of the PS4 pro + PSVR combo, i think Codemasters did an outstanding job with DR1.0 VR. Having played it in both the original PS4 and the pro, i can testify that in the pro, the weather effects and the draw distance are far better...

I too hope for a psvr patch for DR2.0, but unfortunatly, i don't think it will happen 😢 

Edited by Opassac

On 12/22/2019 at 7:41 AM, Dagget34 said:

Hello,

I am a big fan of dirt games for years and now i cannot stop playing dirt psvr on pro. However, sometimes it's ugly with a huge aliasing.

It could have been the best games ever on console ... Why codemaster didn't optimise the psvr version on Pro ?

Optimization is not the problem.  Comparing VR to non-VR games is like comparing apples to oranges. VR requires a LOT more rendering power.  Dirt Rally looks as good as they could manage given the system.  Remember that in VR the PS4 has to render two images (one for each eye).  The amount of graphical power required obviously goes up dramatically.  Simply put, the PS VR does not have the power to drive these games near the same graphical level as in non-VR.

I wouldn't count out VR eventually coming to Dirt Rally 2.0.  While it does not appear viable on PS4 or PS4 Pro, I wouldn't be surprised to see it eventually on PS5 with PS VR2.

Edited by BadFlounder