Perez overpowered

I thought I could live with this but it really is starting to ruin the realism(?) of the game. I always do 100% race distance with AI minimum of 100% and it doesn't matter where Perez starts, he always finishes 'best of the rest'. It just baffles me sometimes when you are in rhythm lapping about 0.3s faster than others (I drive as Norris) but you find out Perez is always lapping nearly a second faster.

Is it just me noticing this? 

Edited by Jackminda
  • Agree 1

Yep, had it this evening in Season 2 Career. He’s moved to Haas, in Bahrain I’d just come out of the pits 3 seconds or so in front of him in 7th so I floored it for a lap, got fastest lap of the race at that point and the following lap he’s overtaking me under DRS on main straight!! Unbelievable Jeff.

He moved to my team (Mclaren) in career (mid season) and it’s ruined it for me.

If i balance the difficult to compete correctly with the other teams he destroys me, and if i lower it to compete with him we both destroy everyone else!

he is easily a few tenths a lap too fast in the game, and desperately needs balancing.

Glad others have spotted this. I adjust my difficulty setting so I can have a good battle between P7-10 area. Everytime I see the results, Perez has stormed through and finishes a good 10-15s infront of next car.

Compare it to Stroll who is miles behind and laps a lot slower.

Edited by Jackminda

If you're racing it's got little to do with WHO your team mate is. They have the same car as you with same upgrades and whoever it is they will kick your *** after a few seasons. It's the biggest flaw with career imo in all recent games. If you upgrade fast, your team mate will always catch you up and become impossible to catch. Eventually they will be several seconds faster than you per LAP! 

4 hours ago, sloppysmusic said:

If you're racing it's got little to do with WHO your team mate is. They have the same car as you with same upgrades and whoever it is they will kick your *** after a few seasons. It's the biggest flaw with career imo in all recent games. If you upgrade fast, your team mate will always catch you up and become impossible to catch. Eventually they will be several seconds faster than you per LAP! 

I’ve heard others say this but never witnessed it myself. In my experience it’s a specific problem with Perez only.

17 hours ago, kalamazoo123 said:

I’ve heard others say this but never witnessed it myself. In my experience it’s a specific problem with Perez only.

I'd definitely be interested to hear from someone who has completed at least 5 seasons in Career and used all available practice points. I've got as far as mid season 4 in McLaren before giving up as there was no fun either racing 1 guy with the pack 4 seconds behind per lap or 18 guys with the other guy 4 seconds ahead per lap. This was both in 2017 and 2018. 

On 12/24/2019 at 2:57 PM, sloppysmusic said:

I'd definitely be interested to hear from someone who has completed at least 5 seasons in Career and used all available practice points. I've got as far as mid season 4 in McLaren before giving up as there was no fun either racing 1 guy with the pack 4 seconds behind per lap or 18 guys with the other guy 4 seconds ahead per lap. This was both in 2017 and 2018. 

Thats what happens when you have a fully upgraded car and the rest of the field doesnt, it has nothing to do with team mates being OP its the car. I did 7/8 seasons on 2018 and I had plenty of fun

Perez is MEGA OP. Just smashed Hamilton before that Verstappen as teammates, in my career mode.

Just in general this year, the AI get harder and harder to beat as the seasons pass, not just your teammate. Pretty odd actually. I'm in Season 4 and have had to drop the AI between 3 & 5 % on every single circuit. Ruining the game really.