Sign in to follow this  

DiRT Rally – Online Events Explained | Codemasters Blog

DiRT Rally – Online Events Explained | Codemasters Blog

A big part of my job on DiRT for the last year has been working out how you’ll compete against other players. Rally presents an interesting challenge for multiplayer in a video game. In a real life rally, every entrant to a stage starts at a different time, and will rarely see any other cars on stage.

Read the full story here

I like the idea of the Daily events. You have to really focus on what parts of the stage you can push and what parts you need to be cautious on.

I also would like a bigger multiplayer  event,  maybe it's coming  more of that in the future?  I don't think u should take away the penalty 5-15 seconds is reality. And most of us gratulat you for the great and real feeling in this game,  and that's why big penalty should stay. That's what rally is about,  drive fastest and you win, drive faster than you should and it will cost you repairing the car and time. Keep it up

First off thank you so much for making a more driving focused rally game! finally! haven't had this much fun since Richard Burns Rally. The game feels good with a proper wheel and pedals and is absolutely a blast to play. My hope here is that you treat this similar to iRacing where the game is upgraded/changed/modified to make it better. Many new cars and tracks have been added since it started up in 2008 I think it was. iRacing is expensive but the quality of the game and community has kept it growing and it would be amazing to have something like this with rally cars/trucks.

Multiplayer plans sound good - why don't we all TRY it for few months and see how it works before deciding its the end of the world.

Most likely these have been mentioned somewhere else but since im posting: pace notes need to changed a in few spots- even with great line/skill/car/setup there are places where if I was in a real car id smack my codriver after we stopped rolling down the mountain.

I know its difficult and costs some money but if you are looking for actual rally driving go GET A CAR AND ENTER AN EVENT! no video game can ever give you the exact same thrill of danger or feel of driving a real car. In the U.S. ive seen people enter scca/nasa rally/rallycross events in every POS you can imagine and having fun-you do not need some badass awd car to do it so go google it and find out where to get started.

Thanks again for the excellent game :)

We would love online events like Forza Horizon 2. Road trips with breaks between the stages, with staggered starts. Please haha

I hope you guys read this.

Although I understand the logic with these events, I LOVED the stacked rally events in DiRT 3. LOVED them, they felt so much more real. You see your opponents mess up and its thrilling to catch someone who started 20 seconds in front of you. I honestly would love to see them come back. The wait at the start of the race is really part of the fun. Its the anticipation that gets to you, and its something you cannot replace when you play alone. It gives you a different kind of pressure as you drive. Knowing there are other vehicles on the stage.

So please bring them back!

Cheers

Please add more to the PvP. some of the online events out of dirt3 would be good start 

Hi.

Before I start, I love this game and couldn't be happier with the core offering ...... BUT ;)

I understand the point you make about how a real life rally works (1 car on stage at a time), but it would have been a better online experience if I could have done this with my friends:

1. We all enter lobby for the rally event.
2. Start the event
3. Each player races at the same time in the real world, but they are treated by the servers as sequential.
4. As each player finished each stage you wait for the remainder to complete (which should only be the length of time it takes the worst driver to complete - that normally being me!!)
5. Times and positions are displayed in between stages as normal.

This would give the opportunity to compete properly against your friends in a rally competition with points awarded, winners and losers etc. Currently all we have are bragging rights (my times faster than yours)