Scheduled Updates and BETA Shutdown - 06/07/2020 Read more... ×

Camber 😕🔫 ?

When the car is just sitting on flat ground and the camber slider is all the way to the right, are the tyres sitting flatter on the ground with more tyre patch in contact with the road or is it all the way to left on the camber slider that makes it flatter on the ground with more tyre patch in contact with the road?

6 hours ago, Cprice440 said:

When the car is just sitting on flat ground and the camber slider is all the way to the right, are the tyres sitting flatter on the ground with more tyre patch in contact with the road or is it all the way to left on the camber slider that makes it flatter on the ground with more tyre patch in contact with the road?

The setting is in degrees, so the closer it is to 0, the flatter it is.

54 minutes ago, Ho3n3r said:

The setting is in degrees, so the closer it is to 0, the flatter it is.

Thanks, I was guessing that, but the Min-Max thing was confusing 🤔

It would help and make more sense especially to newcomers if there was some small visual animation showing exactly what camber does, not to mention toe in/out (positive /negative) and even maybe caster angle and trail one day in the setup sections. All you'd need is a little set of onscreen wheels that clearly showed which way the relevant axis moves when you add negative camber (positive should also be available for turning /stability reasons). 

Assuming 0 is flat angle and 10 is extreme negative is harder to picture than say the real life minus AND plus settings. Ie - 5 to +5, wheels sloping in for negative an out for positive. 

Like I said non of this would be complicated if devs added little images to show what is happening! It's not just Codies, SMS in project cars (despite having accurate camber, caster and toe settings) still assumes you know what the heck is actually going on! 

If I can find an image showing extra negative camber I will post it so this makes sense. It's not so much a black art but a poorly explained one! 

EDIT can't upload pix very easy on this tablet... Just search for "Milliken camber car " to see extreme negative camber. Positive would be the wheels angled out instead of in. Which might make for some crazy handling but everyone drives different! 

🚗😎

Edited by sloppysmusic
  • Agree 1