Fanatec CSW settings

Hi everyone, I’ve recently retired my T300 in favour of a long planned upgrade to a CSW2.5 and R330 rim.  I had tweaked and altered the settings on my T300 so many times since release and using a lot of others suggestions on YT and forums such as this one.  Someone once said in a post somewhere that if you change your wheel it will be like learning to drive again and my word was that bang on the money.

What I am struggling with a bit though is feel through the wheel, and there is much less suggestion out there on others settings that I can use as a starting point.  I’ve tried one from YT but it didn’t feel right at all, so I ended up trying the Fanatec suggested settings and that was like wrestling an angry bear.  Might be something like what the Group B class felt like but I’m pretty sure the R5 will be far lighter and more ‘flingable’.  I’ve struck a balance at the moment using all Fanatecs recommendations but toned the self align in game right down to 25.

So I’m putting this out there to see if anyone has a good setup that might help me get started and a bit closer to a more realistic feel without getting such a workout.  I’ll be eternally grateful.

Hi Flens, those are the settings that I am using that I mentioned felt really hard work so I've lowered the self aligning down a bit.  I've raised it back from 25 to 50.  Have you not adjusted those settings at all?  I'm wondering about trying dropping the FFB setting on the wheel a bit.

For me it´s okay - finetunig is not so easy because of the very different undergrounds (tarmac, sand etc) so I think that is a compromise. and I don't like these motors in my RSR steering wheel. I switched that off ...

Overall, the ffb is the weakest part in DR2 for me. For this reason, I mostly leave out Monte Carlo ... just zero feeling what the car is doing :classic_sad:

I love the Monte though so can’t leave it out.  Just have to tune out the tarmac feeling, or lack of it.

I see you quite like H3 at Finland though..  that’s a decent time on the weekly event.  Spotted you looking at the top of the leaderboard trying to think how I improve by another 5 minutes.  😂

I’m turning my attention now to the pedals and I can’t really get the brake right at the moment.  I have the Clubsport V3s and the default feel is quite soft.  I got the brake performance kit with the bundle and even with the softest configuration using that kit the brake is rock solid and giving me no feel at all.  Looking at videos on left foot braking I see that most show quite a lot of movement on the brake pedal so I’m inclined to go back to the stock bumpers and dial in the tension screw a bit more..

That is unless has any tips?  Are there any after market bumpers that anyone else has bought that they’ve found to be a good compromise?

I'm really struggling now with the brake pedal.  I've put the softest combo from the brake performance kit back in, and my left knee is giving me some grief after an hour of driving.  So stock bumpers are too soft, and the softest option on the BPK is too firm.  Absolutely no feel at all and I'm not getting any better at driving because I'm focusing on stamping on the brake.  I've tried tweaking the in game settings as well as the wheel setting.  I've got the preload set at minimum and in game saturation at 55 with brake pressure on the wheel at 40.  

I like a bit of throw on the brake pedal which is what I think I'm missing.  

Who else on here is using these pedals and would you mind sharing how you have them configured please?  Has anyone used the damper kit on the brake pedal with positive/negative results?

On 1/13/2020 at 10:36 PM, BluecatRally said:

I'm really struggling now with the brake pedal.  I've put the softest combo from the brake performance kit back in, and my left knee is giving me some grief after an hour of driving.  So stock bumpers are too soft, and the softest option on the BPK is too firm.  Absolutely no feel at all and I'm not getting any better at driving because I'm focusing on stamping on the brake.  I've tried tweaking the in game settings as well as the wheel setting.  I've got the preload set at minimum and in game saturation at 55 with brake pressure on the wheel at 40.  

I like a bit of throw on the brake pedal which is what I think I'm missing.  

Who else on here is using these pedals and would you mind sharing how you have them configured please?  Has anyone used the damper kit on the brake pedal with positive/negative results?

Not sure if it's possible, but maybe you could replace one of the elastometer rubbers of the performance kit with a foam piece from the original setup. That way, it would probably be a lot softer... Just out of curiosity, i installed the BPK yesterday and i'm really loving it, the sponginess feeling i got from the original setup is now gone 😄 ...

On 1/15/2020 at 2:58 PM, Opassac said:

Not sure if it's possible, but maybe you could replace one of the elastometer rubbers of the performance kit with a foam piece from the original setup. That way, it would probably be a lot softer... Just out of curiosity, i installed the BPK yesterday and i'm really loving it, the sponginess feeling i got from the original setup is now gone 😄 ...

Yeah, I'd wondered about that, but suspect the softer one one just get totally stoved in after a few uses.  I think the feel might be coming to me.  It's definitely softening up a little bit now with use and I've tweaked the BRF on the wheel settings so I need a little less pressure.  So now I have 60 in game saturation and 50 BRF on the wheel.  With the softest combination on the BRK and the preload screwed right back to minimum and I'm actually starting to consistently get some weight on the front tyres.  Do you mind if I ask what settings you've gone for for the brake pressure?

3 minutes ago, BluecatRally said:

Yeah, I'd wondered about that, but suspect the softer one one just get totally stoved in after a few uses.  I think the feel might be coming to me.  It's definitely softening up a little bit now with use and I've tweaked the BRF on the wheel settings so I need a little less pressure.  So now I have 60 in game saturation and 50 BRF on the wheel.  With the softest combination on the BRK and the preload screwed right back to minimum and I'm actually starting to consistently get some weight on the front tyres.  Do you mind if I ask what settings you've gone for for the brake pressure?

I'm using the green 13 + green 12, and i'm using 95 BRF on the wheel, but i will have to calibrate better the brake in the fanatec drivers, because i'm achieving 100% with too much ease...

Ok, I have to leave mine on automatic as it seems to behave really oddly if I set the fanatec calibration to manual.  How about in the game?  or do you just calibrate in the game and leave it at whatever it sets?

1 hour ago, BluecatRally said:

Ok, I have to leave mine on automatic as it seems to behave really oddly if I set the fanatec calibration to manual.  How about in the game?  or do you just calibrate in the game and leave it at whatever it sets?

in the game i leave it at default setup, 100 saturation, with 1 or 2 deadzone, i think. And i calibrated in the game, but i guess that it is very easy to reach 100% because i setted the max value very low in the fanatec drivers. Will try to calibrate again in the drivers pushing harder... But even in this way, i'm liking the BPK.

Ok thanks for the tip.  Will give them settings a try and have a bit more of a play around and see if I can get it a bit better still