Jump to content Jump to content
F1 2021 | Online Services Down For Maintenance | 26/07/2021 ×

Micro freezes during menu and gameplay, benchmark runs fine

FidoCZ

Hello guys,

I have purchased the game two or three hours ago, but wasnt able to finish single SS so far. I have issue with micro freezes or lags during menu and during gameplay, which makes the game unplayable. I tried two nvidia drivers, I tried VSYNC off/on, several graphics settings, limiting FPS in drivers to 60, but nothing helps. I also tried to exit/disable all apps running in the PC, like mouse drivers, Afterburner which I use for my GPU and fan control etc, but still nothing helped.

I run Windows 8.1 and nVidia GeForce 670 GTX, benchmark on high settings ran at 60 FPS with no issues and micro freezes/lags.

Any help is much appreciated!
Cheers
I dont, thats only thing I uncheck when installing drivers, I dont know why, but I dont like that software, so I had it installed once, and for very short time. Thanks for answer :)
So do you only install the driver and physx? because there are other components in there that can cause issues notably the HD audio that install itself which you would only need if you are running sound through HDMI to your monitor?

I don't like the Geforce Experience either, horrible bit of software, it is much easier to tweak the graphics settings yourself without it, only useful thing is shadowplay but I don't use that there are better video capture software programs out there, I use D3DGear.

Also do you have Steam set to allow game streaming? Try turning it off if it's enabled.
No, I was installing everything except GeForce experience. But after what you wrote, I tried to install again latest nVidia driver 350.12, clean install WITH GeForce experience, let the thing "optimize" my game, and, to my big surprise, it works well, just finished 3rd SS. Now my biggest problem are my driving skills :smiley: . Thank you for your input mate, all works fine now.
Lol, at least you got it sorted, I think it's something to do with the background streaming service in the GFE program, some PC's like it and others don't. my GTX770 in my main rig doesn't but my other one with a GTX760 is fine but I removed it anyway, odd one?

Archived