Want to report an issue? Have a bug to report? Please look here first!!!! Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  

Fuel mix issue in career mode

I have noticed since the last patch that it is almost impossible to save fuel by lift and coast with my fuel mix set to medium during the race. I have upgraded my my engine to have the major upgrade (so that's the fourth in total). I should be easily able to start the race on say at least minus 2 laps and finish with loads of extra fuel. 

Instead I have to run low fuel at many points to make it to the end of the race without running out of fuel. 

Can this be looked into please? 

This is the same issue that appeared in last years edition. 

PS4 game. 

2nd season of career with Alfa Romeo. Version 1.18. 

Edited by rocojuanclarkus
Spelling
  • Like 1

Same problem here.... everything ive done in the 2nd and 3rd season, to make my car economic just doesnt works in the beginning of 2nd and now the 3rd season... Just insane... Ive lost everything ive invested to make my car nice to use the correct fuel... and this ridiculous bug happens again... Just ****** 

I haven't had this issue after 7 rounds of Career at least. Have you been doing the fuel preservation practice programs? It could be that your team thinks that you're better at saving fuel than you actually are, so they will not fill the tank as much as before.

11 hours ago, HugoBrazil said:

@UP100 Our problem is that our car is killing the fuel, even in the economic... thats unreal...

Usually (in the past) it has been because the "fuel preservation" practice programs were done badly, so that the team thinks you'll use less fuel in the race than you actually do.

The +1 laps remaining are based on the "fuel preservation" practice program, so you may see it falling even on lean mix if you're using more fuel than you should be 🙂 

Just done a test. 

I didn't do the race program test at all in the practice sessions. Started the race on minus 3 laps of fuel and guess what? Stayed on medium fuel mix for most of the race and the fuel saving was fine. Didn't need to dip into lean once and was able to use increase the fuel mix for overtaking/faster lap pace etc. 

So just like last year's edition... do not do the race sim test in practice if you want to start with less fuel. 

@rocojuanclarkus Ill try it to the next race.... but ir wasnt supposed to happen this bug in the practice, because i was doing the practices normally in the end of the 1st and 2nd seasons and my car was spending the normal expected after all I spent in chassis and engine.... 

On 12/29/2019 at 10:56 PM, HugoBrazil said:

@rocojuanclarkus Ill try it to the next race.... but ir wasnt supposed to happen this bug in the practice, because i was doing the practices normally in the end of the 1st and 2nd seasons and my car was spending the normal expected after all I spent in chassis and engine.... 

It's only since the last update 1.18 I have noticed this. Has anyone driven in the wet after doing the race sim test? With the major update you shouldn't have to fuel save at all after the major engine fuel update. 

I'm just not going to bother with the race distance test anymore. 

Hi everyone,

From @rocojuanclarkus's example, I'll run a test under similar circumstances myself to understand this a little better to see if completing the programme changes things.

Remember that some tracks are going to be more testing on fuel than others (Mexico for example is tough on fuel). If I can get exact parameters for me to test, that would be great. I'll do it on 50% distance to save some time.

On 12/31/2019 at 11:01 PM, rocojuanclarkus said:

It's only since the last update 1.18 I have noticed this. Has anyone driven in the wet after doing the race sim test? With the major update you shouldn't have to fuel save at all after the major engine fuel update. 

I'm just not going to bother with the race distance test anymore. 

@rocojuanclarkus It has worked here too, withouy doing the race test in the practice session, my car has done nicely in the race with the fuel usage... What a bug, it wasn´t supposed to happen it, if we do the practice properly.... Come on Codemasters....

Posted (edited)

I'm having the same issue in F1 2018. Getting worse-than-Standard fuel consumption on Lean and worse-than-Rich fuel consumption on Standard. My post is just below this one.

I did some testing in my case. I believe it is triggered by either one or a combination of:

- finishing FM on red (failed) or green (succeeded, but not purple)

- finishing RS on red (failed), green (succeeded, but not purple) or purple

What did trigger it:

- finishing all practice programmes on purple

What does not trigger it:

- completing FM on purple and skipping RS

- failing any of the 2 programmes and retrying before returning to the garage so that it doesn't register as a failure

There was also one time when it got triggered after a flashback during a wet race in Canada. With 3 laps to go, the fuel indicator dropped from ~+1 to ~+0.3 and it started to go down on Standard as if it was on Rich.

Edited by 824587

It isn't a bug if you do the race practice program the game by default gives you enough fuel to complete the race doing the same fuel management as the practice program with a bit spare