Sign in to follow this  

Free Play improvements (Grid 2019)

- Able to save up to 3 events (similar to how Project Cars 2 did it) so you can quickly run your favorite ones, without having to remember all the settings each time.

- Able to set Track and Route to <random> for each of the rounds in the event (if Track is set to random, Route will be disabled as a setting)

- Able to set Time of Day to <random> instead of having to always choose a specific time of day.

These few tweaks would improve my enjoyment of the singleplayer racing in Grid quite a lot. Being able to quickly jump into Free Play, without having to setup the event each time would be a nice quality of life improvement. The extra random settings are nice for when you want that extra variation race to race, without having to specify each track specifically. 

Thanks for listening

• Like 4

Quick mock-up that shows available space for saving 3 events:

vh7ekDu.jpg

And extra settings + Save Event (X):

7rg7VWt.jpg

Edited by RipHawk
  • Like 4

On 12/28/2019 at 6:11 PM, RipHawk said:

Quick mock-up that shows available space for saving 3 events:

vh7ekDu.jpg

And extra settings + Save Event (X):

7rg7VWt.jpg

Really love your idea. Personally I would say that it could also look like in 'DiRT Rally 2.0', so you have got 12 slots to set your event and set them as championship. Also you can choose random event and then random vehicle class chooses as well and you can choose random championship so 3-6 random events choose randomly with the same rules as random event. That would be perfect. Unfortunately, Codemasters seem not to listen to us and improve that game in the way we, the community, want to and they do what they want to do with this game.

• Thanks 1

On ‎1‎/‎5‎/‎2020 at 6:38 PM, kombajnkoszoncy said:

Codemasters seem not to listen to us and improve that game in the way we, the community, want to and they do what they want to do with this game.

I've chatted personally with @RipHawk on Discord to thank him for sending this over, and talk about the next steps for his suggestions, which like everyone else, are welcomed and taken on board. I also mentioned that whilst many community suggestions make a lot of sense from the outside, there can be internal factors that often mean they're unachievable - but we'll always see what can be done. 

Thought I didn't have to say this again but here goes: it is literally counter-productive to not listen to what players have to say. Wherever possible, we make changes and steps forward based on your requests. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, ChrisGrovesMCM said:

I've chatted personally with @RipHawk on Discord to thank him for sending this over, and talk about the next steps for his suggestions, which like everyone else, are welcomed and taken on board. I also mentioned that whilst many community suggestions make a lot of sense from the outside, there can be internal factors that often mean they're unachievable - but we'll always see what can be done. 

Thought I didn't have to say this again but here goes: it is literally counter-productive to not listen to what players have to say. Wherever possible, we make changes and steps forward based on your requests. 

This all sounds nice but why do Codemasters only listen to the players after the game is released. Before the game was released Codemasters should have asked what the players would like. "Do you want custom lobbies?". " Do you want weekly/monthly challenges?" "What tracks and how many would you like?" "Do you want quick match lobbies?". Now you say some changes are impossible to realize. What about the future? If there will be a new grid on ps5, will you ask us before you start programming what the community wants or are you gone make the same mistakes again. Curious.

• Thanks 1
  • Agree 4

Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, KreuZenNL said:

why do Codemasters only listen to the players after the game is released

bravo!

The most funny thing is they even don't have to ask players because online chat, lobbies, variety of modes - are must have features if you want your game to compete. I can't believe this game is developed by Codemasters. It looks like it is developed by newbies who had never played racing games before!

Edited by lastbreath
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Posted (edited)
28 minutes ago, lastbreath said:

It looks like it is developed by newbies who had never played racing games before!

🤣

Edited by CrazySerbianGuy

5 hours ago, KreuZenNL said:

This all sounds nice but why do Codemasters only listen to the players after the game is released. Before the game was released Codemasters should have asked what the players would like. "Do you want custom lobbies?". " Do you want weekly/monthly challenges?" "What tracks and how many would you like?" "Do you want quick match lobbies?". Now you say some changes are impossible to realize. What about the future? If there will be a new grid on ps5, will you ask us before you start programming what the community wants or are you gone make the same mistakes again. Curious.

Common misconception here: just because something that was requested/suggested/demanded doesn't get included in a game, doesn't mean it wasn't listened to. Threads were created here before launch that opened the discussion for players to talk about what they wanted to see from GRID, what they were most excited about, etc. All of it was seen and taken on board; if it wasn't acted upon, there will be reasons for that, be it resources, time, different visions/objectives for the game. Still, plenty of what players have discussed both before and after launch has driven in-game additions and changes, and will continue to do 🙂 

Will get back to gathering the latest feedback now for the team 👍

11 minutes ago, ChrisGrovesMCM said:

different visions/objectives for the game

This is by far the most important aspect. The community could shout from the rooftops about needed changes or direction of the game, but if that doesnt coincide with the developers vision its all moot. So what is the vision for GRID moving into 2020 ?

1 minute ago, Omiley said:

This is by far the most important aspect. The community could shout from the rooftops about needed changes or direction of the game, but if that doesnt coincide with the developers vision its all moot. So what is the vision for GRID moving into 2020 ?

- Continuing to build out GRID in terms of content, so more circuits, cars, ways to play, expansions on current modes 

- Where possible, addressing the hot topics within the GRID Community, whether that's additions or fixes 

- Using both of the above to give more people more reasons to play, creating an improved Multiplayer experience and even more active discussion areas 🙂 

• Like 3
  • Agree 1

1 minute ago, ChrisGrovesMCM said:

- Continuing to build out GRID in terms of content, so more circuits, cars, ways to play, expansions on current modes 

- Where possible, addressing the hot topics within the GRID Community, whether that's additions or fixes 

- Using both of the above to give more people more reasons to play, creating an improved Multiplayer experience and even more active discussion areas 🙂 

This is why I like this guy, gets to the point. As I've said some request are going to be somewhat unreasonable but thats cause most racers dont know what is feasible. Im sure you guys already understand this, so any clarification along the way is greatly appreciated. 👍

• Like 1