Want to report an issue? Have a bug to report? Please look here first!!!! Read more... ×

[PS4] [F1 2019 v1.18] [Career] Pit stop problem during SC

Yesterday, during the Hungarian GP, was the 1st time I encountered SC during the race. It came after Norris's engine broke. It was lap 4 or 5 and the scheduled pit stops were around 6-7 for all teams, so we all jumped on the the pits. The problem was that I was 5th or 6th at the time but I couldn't leave the pits because the Toro Rosso in front of me has blocked my way. These are the videos from that incident.

P.S. I am by contract the 1st driver of the team. I change my pit stop (I always go 1 further lap to avoid traffic) and my teammate ALWAYS comes the same lap as me. Shouldn't the team change his pit stop when I change mine?

Isn't that what is supposed to happen? You can't just magically go through the other car...

About the teammate issue, did you request a pit stop and get a go ahead? I don't know how the teammate AI works these days.

7 minutes ago, UP100 said:

Isn't that what is supposed to happen? You can't just magically go through the other car...

About the teammate issue, did you request a pit stop and get a go ahead? I don't know how the teammate AI works these days.

+1.

I don't think the AI would be working properly if the AI drivers didn't take advantage of the pit stop under SC. Otherwise, you're disadvantaged to everyone that does stop. Only 'honour code' that applies is you should get the call on a strategy as number 1 driver, but that goes out of the window under SC/VSC.

I get that they would probably enter both cars at the same time but I've never seen a double stack preventing another team's car to exiting the pits. It's like they are obstructing me and they should get penalized. 

Regarding the pit stop issue I mentioned, I was talking about normal races. Before the start of the race, I change my strategy to go one more lap than proposed in order to avoid traffic. But it always happens that my teammate comes the same lap as me. I am always mile ahead of Kimi (it looks like a bug that he never climbs places when everyone else does) but to double stack every race looks suspicious.