Option to disable the damage carry-over to new events

Really liking the game (I also enjoyed D4, not sure why there's so much hate for it), and all the other games back to CMR1 back in '98. My favourite is still CMR3 where you took on McRae himself and drove flat out for three straight seasons in the '02 Focus (always got me why is the '01 Focus only ever available from CMR04-present when there was the choice of '01 and '02 in CMR3, anyone?).

However, what's really killing me is the damage carry-over from one event to the other. There's seldom enough credits in my account to fix the car back to factory, so I start the event at a disadvantage to the other competitors. Maybe I should have bought the season pass or whatever it is to get credit drops but I haven't. I didn't realise the season passes etc. was a thing until after I'd got the game.

Some of you may say that I should just use the default cars a la Lancia where you can get free repairs et al. and reap in the credits, but the truth is, and this may sound sacrilegious.. I'm not a fan of the old-skool rally cars like the Mini or Alpine from the 60s/70s. I much prefer the late 90s-2000s cars that I remember from watching rallying as a kid. I don't really want to waste time doing events in cars that I don't actually.. like. So I use the Focus, with the McRae livery, and get hammered at the beginning of the next event as I've apparently picked up too much damage. Shamefully I also bought the 206 on DLC, did a shakedown in it, crashed it and now I don't have enough credits to fix even that!

So there you go; may we have an option to disable the continuation of damage from event to event? Please! 

Either that, or could we buy in-game credits as DLC? I'd happily do that too, would anyone else?

hey, sounds like your problem is that you're short on credits.

play Daily and Weekly (and Monthly if you have the time) events to make money and get better (you make a bit more money per stage than in career mode). don't push yourself harder than you need to and you'll crash less and get better more quickly. focus on upgrades to your team so that repairing your car at service stations takes less time so you can squeeze more repairs into the allotted time.

that's all i can think of off the top of my head 🙂