Wet weather. ***?!

I'll start by apologizing. I'm certain I'm not the only one who has brought this up, but I dont come on here as much as I should, so perhaps I'm behind. I finally got around to starting my career mode. Got the game immediately but noticed many bugs. Put it on the shelf until a month ago. Really enjoy it, except when rain comes into play. After 2 laps in the wet I'm 3 to sometimes 4 seconds off the pace when I have been comfortably in midfield all year (Haas season 1). I'm beginning my final race of the year at Abu Dhabi so not worried about weather. Is there any solution to this other than lowering the difficulty? Trying to find some tips before I start a new season. I leave it at 100 AI and I'd hate to have to lower it, but I dont see what else I can do. I've tampered with a million setups, etc..and in previous years I had no issue with rain. I actually enjoyed it until this mess.

Some of us just can't enjoy playing or being competitive in the rain. Are you using assists? You could try turning them on if not, if you are then sorry that's no help. Biggest issue is robotic ai that never seem to make a mistake. Watch the German GP 2019 for real world drivers struggling in the wet. Sadly they are perfect in the game. Doesn't help that rain seems to be present in almost every GP regardless of location for some people. 

Sadly you can't turn it off in Career... 

• Agree 1

16 hours ago, PapesB710 said:

I'll start by apologizing. I'm certain I'm not the only one who has brought this up, but I dont come on here as much as I should, so perhaps I'm behind. I finally got around to starting my career mode. Got the game immediately but noticed many bugs. Put it on the shelf until a month ago. Really enjoy it, except when rain comes into play. After 2 laps in the wet I'm 3 to sometimes 4 seconds off the pace when I have been comfortably in midfield all year (Haas season 1). I'm beginning my final race of the year at Abu Dhabi so not worried about weather. Is there any solution to this other than lowering the difficulty? Trying to find some tips before I start a new season. I leave it at 100 AI and I'd hate to have to lower it, but I dont see what else I can do. I've tampered with a million setups, etc..and in previous years I had no issue with rain. I actually enjoyed it until this mess.

One of the fixes is to use Medium TC, that helped me become competitive in the rain at the same level as my dry pace

I have never been any good in the rain, but in 2019 it’s more like driving on ice. And I refuse to use tc as an aid but its not fun. I have to admit that in this years edition. But so was driving without rain, just had to learn some things all over again and got used to that, so there will be a way. Just haven’t found it yet and like sloppy says, the AI don’t make mistakes.

• Agree 1