Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Idea for F1 2020 Codemasters - Historical Circuits

Hello F1 gamers!

I have opened this topic to share with you an idea about F1 2020.

I think it would be amazing if we could race on historical tracks, like for example the old Hockenheim, Imola, Magny-Cours and others old F1 circuits.

What do you think about that?

Patrick Speri

We'd all love it. Many of us have asked for it before. The reality is, licensing historical stuff is legally difficult and time-consuming, and costs more money over and above their annual F1 licence, so they're always going to be limited in what they can do.

At least we are going to have one classic in next years edition. Despite all the pro’s and cons, being Dutch, Zandvoort will be my main reason buying next years edition. That track with classic cars is iconic. We will have to see if it remains iconic with present cars and rules.

Might be worth a mention that as Codies now own SMS maybe classic tracks will appear? SMS includes a whole bunch of amazing classic tracks in pcars, maybe the licenses will transfer over? 5 examples are classic Silverstone, Monza (oval), Hockenheim, Lemans, Spa. Absolute blast in vintage Lotus cars! Which is also a point... Please import pcars classics too... They are so much fun especially after tuning!

1 hour ago, sloppysmusic said:

Might be worth a mention that as Codies now own SMS maybe classic tracks will appear? SMS includes a whole bunch of amazing classic tracks in pcars, maybe the licenses will transfer over? 5 examples are classic Silverstone, Monza (oval), Hockenheim, Lemans, Spa. Absolute blast in vintage Lotus cars! Which is also a point... Please import pcars classics too... They are so much fun especially after tuning!

You can see the issue in that SMS don't have Monaco and Suzuka or F1 cars (Azure Coast, Sakitto and Formula A).

Licensing doesn't work that way, it's per title and look at F1 2013, it's vapour unless you can find a physical copy. I even sold my XBox version of the game. (I do own it digitally but....)

30 minutes ago, steviejay69 said:

You can see the issue in that SMS don't have Monaco and Suzuka or F1 cars (Azure Coast, Sakitto and Formula A).

Licensing doesn't work that way, it's per title and look at F1 2013, it's vapour unless you can find a physical copy. I even sold my XBox version of the game. (I do own it digitally but....)

Well that's true but it has to be easier to renegotiate a deal for a different game when in house a division has already done a deal? Also I didn't know historical, non existent circuits needed licensing other than using the name of the circuit? Pcars has Sakitto to imitate Suzuka because of this. 

Even if the license is a pain at least they got one as a smaller company and the assets are already in place.

We know none of this will happen of course! Just wishful thinking on my part.. 

9 hours ago, massa88 said:

Turkey,Valencia,India and Korea

This was about classic tracks 😂

San Marino would be a good one. 

Maybe have:

- Magny-Cours

- Adelaide

- Nurburgring

and maybe have different variations of the current (or past) tracks. Such as the variations of Monza or Silverstone.

12 hours ago, tarrantino said:

This was about classic tracks 😂

San Marino would be a good one. 

i know
but would be also nice to have these tracks

On 12/31/2019 at 9:02 AM, 1512marcel said:

At least we are going to have one classic in next years edition. Despite all the pro’s and cons, being Dutch, Zandvoort will be my main reason buying next years edition. That track with classic cars is iconic. We will have to see if it remains iconic with present cars and rules.

Yes same here (also Dutch). I know they are currently re-designing the Zandvoort circuit, so i am wondering the end design and how it will be in May 2020 and in the game.. 

Historical track would be Turkey for me, love that old track on the F1 games back in the days.