Sign in to follow this  

[IMPROVEMENT] - Setup with numbers

Not solely with them, surely? Sliders are a pain to control at times but their advantage is they give an intuitive way of seeing where your current setting is in relation to the range of setup values possible.

Yes, without a doubt! 

Annoying to setup the brake bias for example when you don't know what is the range of the bar and how big are the steps.

I wouldn't mind them keeping the sliders, but there should be numbers that correspond to each position of each slider. There are a number of sliders ingame already that do just that (camber, toe, adv gear ratios, brake strength).

Vehicle tuning setup sliders should definitely have their corresponding numeric values displayed on-screen because it makes for easier external storage (on paper, in spreadsheets, etc.) & easier communication/sharing (among team/club members, posted on forums like this, published in guides & tutorials, etc.).

Remove car setup, there are race engineers for this it's not drivers' job
I don't actually disagree with you there; but I think we have a middle ground that makes no sense at the moment.

Originally I would have said it needs numeric values, but having read a great article on PretendRaceCars about potential improvements, I can see the value in the old sliders CMR used to have, where it would say things like "more acceleration" or "more top-end speed" instead of longer and shorter gear ratios. Realistically, for the cars we're driving, it would be upto an engineer to take your feedback as the driver and take steps to implement changes/corrections, so I wouldn't mind going back to that approach.

So maybe you can answer questions about the car and the engineer will setup it for you. Maybe your engineer can get better at asking questions and solving problems when you level him up. Low level engineers can even make mistakes when setting up your car.