Sign in to follow this  

Clutch - Can we get it in manual sequential please!

There is an issue when running manual sequential. In the real world all modern rally cars use Manual Sequential, but they also have the use of a clutch. In Dirt Rally at the moment we have no clutch if we select this, that means when we hit that handbrake the car bogs down and then you have a very unrealistic slow build up of revs in 1st gear with no way to increase engine speed with the clutch.

This is not a problem with a H-shifter + Clutch but modern rally cars don't use that option, and many players are not even using a wheel. Give people the option to assign the clutch while not choosing the H-shifter + Clutch setting so that the modern era cars can be driven properly without limitation and so that the players without a full setup can avoid the car bogging down out of hairpins.

Also! In the real world you can change gear without a clutch in full manuals and many rally drivers do this through technical sections in order to allow them to left foot brake. By that I mean that if you rev match (blip on down shift, lift on upshift) you should be able to change gear without the clutch and not slip into neutral.

Give us a clutch!

Something is wroong with the auto clutch in DiRT Rally. There is an option in Profiles H-shifter wo clutch. The car bogs down and very hard to revving up again and people waste their times a lot.

It is unrealistic, and must be a BUG, Clutch should help the engine to revs up!

Yes the older cars needs some clutch kicking from time to time.

Agree - I have Clubsport pedals v1 including clutch and they are not even recognised in game yet many people now own these who love racing/rallying titles.

Should be a poll, but I totally agree nevertheless. Also, it'd be nice to have the right transmission mode selected per-car, so if you have clutch+H shifter selected and mapped, the Fiesta etc would still use the assigned sequential controls. This is a must imo

1st post here, I joined so i could also ask for a clutch option with the sequential, The clutch will also need to be able to be mapped from a button/Key as well as a pedal axis for us with older wheels which only have 2 pedals. Apart from the bogging down issues as mentioned a clutch is also a must for getting off the start line, I like to check my reactions at the start, Anyone can hold the throttle wide open and just let the game move the car off? I hope this is sorted soon as its a big issue,
Cheers.

klunkT5 said:
1st post here, I joined so i could also ask for a clutch option with the sequential, The clutch will also need to be able to be mapped from a button/Key as well as a pedal axis for us with older wheels which only have 2 pedals. Apart from the bogging down issues as mentioned a clutch is also a must for getting off the start line, I like to check my reactions at the start, Anyone can hold the throttle wide open and just let the game move the car off? I hope this is sorted soon as its a big issue,
Cheers.
Somewhere in the preferences (I think player preferences) enable manual launch control. You hold the handbrake, build up the revs, then release the handbrake once the light goes green. If you're using a car with clutch and H-shifter, you can hold the handbrake enough to start the countdown, then release it again and just launch using the clutch.

mesa said:
Something is wroong with the auto clutch in DiRT Rally. There is an option in Profiles H-shifter wo clutch. The car bogs down and very hard to revving up again and people waste their times a lot.

It is unrealistic, and must be a BUG, Clutch should help the engine to revs up!

You need to set your gear ratio closer in game, makes sense and all the difference.  You're no longer going flat out all the time because the stages are very technical.  So a closer ratio means your shift points don't loose much RPM and it doesn't bog.

klunkT5 said:
Cheers.
Somewhere in the preferences (I think player preferences) enable manual launch control. You hold the handbrake, build up the revs, then release the handbrake once the light goes green. If you're using a car with clutch and H-shifter, you can hold the handbrake enough to start the countdown, then release it again and just launch using the clutch.
Thanks for reminding me about that, Its a good compromise ATM.

Having shorter gear ratios is only a band-aid solution to an underlying issue though, and not a great solution at that. The main reason for the issue is that the car is behaving as if it has no clutch but is also impossible to stall, so it's having to drag itself up from the bottom of the revs where a normal car would just stall.

The solution is a clutch, we need to be able to increase the engine speed to get those wheels moving.

The best method to get around the problem at the moment out of hairpins is to take them in 2nd gear, re-apply the throttle on exit and then change down to 1st, you will not suffer the engine bogging down at all if you do it this way as the changing down a gear gives the engine speed increase needed, but it's not a really very realistic way of driving.

Well the latest update says they have put in a button mappable clutch? Im using a Logitech MOMO which is supported but still cannot see a clutch to map a button to when sequential is selected? Still just showing H shifter and clutch as before.

Modern WRC cars don't use the clutch for handbrake turns, they have electronically controlled differentials which disengage when the handbrake is pulled. That should be the optimum solution here, along with having a usable clutch for sequential boxes (for launching off the line). 

the game doesn't even recognize the clutch when i try to assign it to my pedal, it says "waiting" no matter how many times i push my clutch pedal it just waits a while then says "unassigned" again. i am using a fanatec CSR wheel (not the elite) and fanatec CSR pedals hooked up to the aforementioned wheel.

Hi codemasters, when are you going to fix the unrecognised clutch issue? My csr pedals are plugged into my gt2 wheel and work fine all the time, apart from dirt rally , I really hoped this game would be different to the other broken P.O.S games u have released in the past, I know its early access but I'm getting close to uninstalling it and demanding a refund....please reply and feel free to prove me wrong.

Back in topic, they told a few minutes ago that with the new update, clutch will can be mapped to a button when using secuential GB.

Useful to do clutch kicks!! Now revving up engine will be much easier and the car will not fall dead anymore.