F1 2019 update 1.18 issue.

Since installing the 1.18 patch the game has crashed every time I’ve opened it. It reaches the ‘communicating with servers’ screen and then crashes, it was working fine before the update. Has anyone else got this issue, and is there any idea when the next patch is coming out so it could potentially be fixed.

Welcome @TBevan27 As mentioned by @breezyskells22 give as much information as possible, and the platform is one of them 😉 I have moved this post to the Technical Assistance section.

Since this patch has been released for quite a while now I'm wondering why the problems occur now (or have you not been playing for a while?) Might be wise to check out this section too and see if there are related issues mentioned. There have been issues since the release of 1.18 and the following hotfixes 1.18.1 & 1.18.2(PC only)

14 hours ago, breezyskells22 said:

1st of all what platform are you using the game on as you did not state that bit?

Apologies I’m playing on the PS4

Did you try re-installing the game? Might just be that the patch download was incomplete or interrupted for whatever reason. Or before re-installing doing a clean reboot on the PS4 system. Let me know if this helped.

1 minute ago, 1512marcel said:

Did you try re-installing the game? Might just be that the patch download was incomplete or interrupted for whatever reason. Or before re-installing doing a clean reboot on the PS4 system. Let me know if this helped.

I’ve attempted to reinstall the game many times and have reset the console also, it can’t be an issue with my console because this is the only game I have an issue on.

I wasn’t saying that your issue is related to your console. Just trying to rule out possible causes. Since there are no similar issues with the PS4 it’s only logical to me that it might be a local issue. But since you have already tried these options I have no more clues. @BarryBL, can you shine a light on this matter or ask the devs?

Hi ,

i have the ps4 ,so maybe someone who actually races and runs leagues is probably more suited to helping them with there ps4 issues,

my ps4 ID is mark___f1 

we have many people some on pads some oem on expensive wheels some on not so expensive wheels,

but we have enough good people of all ages and different skills to help you fix your ps4 issues,

i myself will be online 8pm uk time this evening,

please feel free to friend request me ,

HI @TBevan27,

Sorry to hear about your issues.

Please can you give me some detail on your issue exactly so I can raise this with the developers:

A short description of the problem:

Game Version (Shown on the Start screen in the bottom left hand corner):

Game Mode, including if it was Single Player or Multiplayer (Time Trial, Career, Grand Prix, Custom Game etc):

What happened in the lead up to the problem?

If you get an error message, the exact wording of the error message you're receiving:

Any accessories you are using (wheel, pad, etc):

If you have any videos or screenshots, please share them. If the video is long, please include a timestamp for when the issue appears:

1 minute ago, BarryBL said:

HI @TBevan27,

Sorry to hear about your issues.

Please can you give me some detail on your issue exactly so I can raise this with the developers:

A short description of the problem:

Game Version (Shown on the Start screen in the bottom left hand corner):

Game Mode, including if it was Single Player or Multiplayer (Time Trial, Career, Grand Prix, Custom Game etc):

What happened in the lead up to the problem?

If you get an error message, the exact wording of the error message you're receiving:

Any accessories you are using (wheel, pad, etc):

If you have any videos or screenshots, please share them. If the video is long, please include a timestamp for when the issue appears:

Hi @BarryBL

Whenever I open the game and reach the start screen the game crashes. The same has opened every since I’ve updated the game to version 1.18. In terms of the error message it says, “an error has occurred in the following application, error code CE-34878-0”. I play on the pad.

HI @TBevan27,

Thanks for the error code.

I've googled the code, and it's a reported PS4 error code. It's essentially the application crashing, so every time you'll try to open it up, it will close and you will get this code. From google, their solutions were:

•  Restart the application and your console
  •  Re-install the application
  •  Re-install the PS4 system software. 

Remember to back everything up first though! I don't you to lose anything if you restore your system. The link is here if you need it.

Please let me know how you get on with these initial suggestions when you can.

11 hours ago, BarryBL said:

HI @TBevan27,

Thanks for the error code.

I've googled the code, and it's a reported PS4 error code. It's essentially the application crashing, so every time you'll try to open it up, it will close and you will get this code. From google, their solutions were:

•  Restart the application and your console
  •  Re-install the application
  •  Re-install the PS4 system software. 

Remember to back everything up first though! I don't you to lose anything if you restore your system. The link is here if you need it.

Please let me know how you get on with these initial suggestions when you can.

@BarryBL

Thank you for the suggestions, but I’ve tried those and have gotten no success, what I’ve tried is uninstalling the game, then re-inserting the disc which essentially takes it back to version 1.00 before the update finishes downloading and the game works fine in that version. So the only thing I can think is that there’s an issue with version 1.18?

Thank you.

On 1/3/2020 at 9:59 PM, TBevan27 said:

@BarryBL

Thank you for the suggestions, but I’ve tried those and have gotten no success, what I’ve tried is uninstalling the game, then re-inserting the disc which essentially takes it back to version 1.00 before the update finishes downloading and the game works fine in that version. So the only thing I can think is that there’s an issue with version 1.18?

Thank you.

Every PS4 user would be reporting this if it was just 1.18.

• Agree 1

HI @TBevan27,

The error code in question is a PlayStation related-error code. Did you manage to do a bit of digging about the code to see what it means in a bit more details?

Like @steviejay69 said, PS4 users would've reported this error code as soon as 1.18 launched as this is the first report of that exact code I've seen

Im on ps4 as well and having problems only with the career mode. It takes foreverto load and then goes to the first task and gives you the run down about the problems and then just as your taking over it freezes and you have to restart the application.

6 hours ago, BodieVidler said:

Im on ps4 as well and having problems only with the career mode. It takes foreverto load and then goes to the first task and gives you the run down about the problems and then just as your taking over it freezes and you have to restart the application.

Any error codes when this happens?