Are AI using hotlap during practice?

So, just like the title asked. During practice sessions in career mode when I'm not working on the team's programs I try to beat the AI times or get as close as I can. Question is, do you think the AI are using their hotlap modes when they get their times during practice?

Hard one on 18 I noticed my team mate was faster in speed trap until qualy. Standard ers mode for player is 2 for practice but Ai's dash board suggest they use more energy than that.

I play 18 so my take is from that game.

51 minutes ago, AdamFreeman said:

Hard one on 18 I noticed my team mate was faster in speed trap until qualy. Standard ers mode for player is 2 for practice but Ai's dash board suggest they use more energy than that.

I play 18 so my take is from that game.

Yes I should have specified that this is 2019 I'm talking about, but I bet they haven't changed that.

8 hours ago, Cprice440 said:

I'm on a PS4. That is cool though.

It’s working on PS4 and it shows that the AI uses different engine and ers modes during the practices. Sometimes « low engine » and « low ers », sometimes « high engine » and « hotlap ».

On 1/2/2020 at 3:40 AM, Ender0042 said:

It’s working on PS4 and it shows that the AI uses different engine and ers modes during the practices. Sometimes « low engine » and « low ers », sometimes « high engine » and « hotlap ».

That's interesting. It's not like they are having to develop a setup for the race, or are they? 🤔 I wonder,  just how intelligent are these artificial guys? Lol.....

On 1/3/2020 at 12:03 PM, Cprice440 said:

That's interesting. It's not like they are having to develop a setup for the race, or are they? 🤔 I wonder,  just how intelligent are these artificial guys? Lol.....

Nah, they only do ERS managing, but they always run the "default" setup.