Career mode - sudden loss of reputation

Posted (edited)

Hi all,

I'm wondering if anyone else has experienced something similar to the below. It's happened once before but I took no real notice.

I'm in my first season at Williams and had just completed FP1 in Hungary, perfecting all 3 practice programmes that I attempted. I also completed some team and R&D objectives. I had no bumps (sim damage enabled and no flashbacks) so the car was fully intact. I can't remember what my fastest lap was or where I ranked but I know that I was faster than my teammate. I received a total of 325 resource points for the session.

EDIT: There was no interview after the session.

However, upon advancing to the Reputation screen, my reputation has plummeted with my current team and a slight loss with all other teams except one, and I'm at a complete loss as to why.

My respect level increased.

This is frustrating as I have been slowly building the reputation as I am slowly getting better at the game. The car is still bottom of the performance charts and I've been hitting my performance targets. Plus, this all happened in practice. Why would I lose reputation in practice of I didn't crash?

Edited by CarloLewis

Reputation is strongly linked to the interviews. Even if you won the race but dissed your pit crew or aero dept your rep would go down. Reputation is not done very well imo so I wouldn't get too hung up on it. If you can actually get race points as a Williams driver that will definitely help! Reputation also increases a lot of you do well against your rivals. There should be 2 of them. The auto selected rival and the one you choose yourself. Make sure you select one you can realistically do well against and your ranking should start to improve. 

The algorithms for Reputation are garbage and my biggest gripe with this game. As Sloppysmusic says, you can do well in a race but if you bad mouth the team you lose a lot of rep points.

Just be VERY careful with your answers in interviews. I have turned off time restrictions so can ponder my response as long as I need, or if in doubt, NO COMMENT. I usually just go for the answer that seems like it bigs up the team or department.

Thanks for the responses. I'll edit my post for clarity, but there was no interview after the session. The rep just tanked.

The only reason I'm annoyed is because it is a driving factor when it comes to negotiations, and that is where you can speed up development and faster pit stops etc.

It’s weird that you didn’t have the interview, because it’s true what Sloppy says. Interviews are tricky and the time to answer is short, anyway for me that is being not native English speaking. You didn’t by any chance turned off the interviews?

Oh right, I don’t know then. I don’t remember ever experiencing your issue without a bad interview. Strange. 

I have had the issue when I have crashed out even if hitting all practice programs. But you said you didn’t crash either. Never experienced it. F12018 used to literally wipe your rep if you had a DNF

Yes reputation plummets when giving bad interview answers best to do a no comment. You need your keep your reputation up otherwise you can get the sack (happened to me a couple of times). strange yours went down after practice sessions. Are your objectives set very high, not meeting them kills your rep

6 hours ago, nige05uk said:

Are your objectives set very high, not meeting them kills your rep

Nope. My current objective (Finish 15tg or higher) was completed in the previous race.

My thinking is that there was simply a big/glitch where an interview was triggered but not displayed and because I still have the timer on, a bad answer has been auto selected.