GRID 2019 And How To Fix It.

Take what I've said how you will, at the end of the day the racers have spoken, not with words but their wallets. They want iconic tracks, a well put together multiplayer experience with fair races. They also want to express their creativity via customization. The racing game industry as a whole understands this, do what you will with that information.

No. of tracks is NOT what I want..

As I see it, Codemasters have their tracks already in other games. Those are assets they can use in multiple games. They don't have to program it all over again, plus, the tracks didn't change much over the years, they can recycle them as much as they want.

What I care about is the gaming experience!

* Team challenges!

* Money challenges!

* Unique races challenges (such as a La-Mans ect.

* Online comparison.

* Co-op tournaments online.

Fix that first..   THAT is what makes a video game fun and selling. 

7 hours ago, Omiley said:

Take what I've said how you will, at the end of the day the racers have spoken, not with words but their wallets. 

Grid isn't Forza or Need for speed with it's fancy wheel trims and "bro-dude" attitudes, Grid is a raw 'hands on, no prisoners' racing game that harks back to the glory days of TOCA....or at least it used to be. That's why racers have spoken with their wallets

Modern day gamers, I don't know... If you can't paint it then it's not a 'proper' racing game. Sigh!

• Agree 1

8 hours ago, Munkon said:

They don't have to program it all over again, plus, the tracks didn't change much over the years, they can recycle them as much as they want.

One does not simply copy/paste assets, code and licensing agreements from one game or engine to another.

• Agree 2
  • Disagree 1

25 minutes ago, _BorisTheFrog_ said:

Modern day gamers, I don't know... If you can't paint it then it's not a 'proper' racing game. Sigh!

It's fine if you're not a fan of customization but don't feel a certain way about those who do. You don't agree it has value thats fine, but don't dispute the fact that it has merit. Last time I checked Forza, GT Sport and even NFS have something familiar in common and they all seem to be profiting well.

8 minutes ago, PJTierney said:

One does not simply copy/paste assets, code and licensing agreements from one game or engine to another.

One does not have to build it all over from scratch also...

• Agree 1

Tracks that were in GRID Autosport that should return in Season 2 & 3. Spa, Yas Marina, Donington Park, Al Garve, Circuit of the Americas(COTA), Bathurst, Hockenheimring, Red Bull Ring. That would make 4 new tracks per season.

• Thanks 1

@Omiley

Any chance of reviving the "La-Mans" 24 minutes endurance race? 

Any chance for a VR support?

Thanks 

2 minutes ago, Munkon said:

Any chance for a VR support?

Probably unlikely, I'd forgotten about LeMans circuit from the original GRID. Thats doubtful as well.

• Sad 1

Posted (edited)

The only 2 things I really miss in this game...

Everything else is almost perfect..

Oh, and online tournaments ..

Edited by Munkon

3 hours ago, Omiley said:

Tracks that were in GRID Autosport that should return in Season 2 & 3. Spa, Yas Marina, Donington Park, Al Garve, Circuit of the Americas(COTA), Bathurst, Hockenheimring, Red Bull Ring. That would make 4 new tracks per season.

I dont think that is a realistic expectation except if you want the seasons to take 4 times as long 🙂

1 hour ago, UP100 said:

I dont think that is a realistic expectation except if you want the seasons to take 4 times as long 🙂

Then by all means continue your course of only 1 track per season and see how the community reacts. I dont think you guys understand how dire the situation is. GRID is a beloved series, and its announcement was highly anticipated. Launching the game in its current state says alot. Everyone who is a fan of CodeMasters games are watching very closely, cause if this could happen to GRID, how long until something similar happens to DIRT or F1 for that matter. 

• Agree 2

1 hour ago, Omiley said:

Then by all means continue your course of only 1 track per season and see how the community reacts. I dont think you guys understand how dire the situation is. GRID is a beloved series, and its announcement was highly anticipated. Launching the game in its current state says alot. Everyone who is a fan of CodeMasters games are watching very closely, cause if this could happen to GRID, how long until something similar happens to DIRT or F1 for that matter. 

The old school guys like me (and everyone who set GRID1 as refer point/measure for a good sequel) has long stopped considering Codemasters a money Worth for upcoming AAA titles. 

This company can only fool newborn kids (15-17yo) by showing them Alonso and some gfx filters Instagram style.

People who want a proper GRID1 game, with the same style, amount of content and features, are still dreaming.

This games are good for 5$ just to spend 2hours and uninstall it after one day, or for free into mega-bundles packs.

This game was just a fast money grab, pushed it all the way on ads marketing and already abandoned from community… if you check on steam there are 30ppl playing it Worldwide right now. pretty dead already.

Well done codemasters… custom lobbies and 2 tracks/car for season cannot save it from the oblivion. I feel sorry for people who spent 70 or more euros on Ultimate version on preorder LOL 🤣

• Like 2

Posted (edited)

@FlashStealth

I see your point but I disagree with most of it.

Yes, this game could use a massive update to change multiplayer mode edge to edge and could use more tracks (me, personally don't need more tracks) but it's too early to mourn for it.

It IS a good game and it IS very challenging.

Very fun for me.

All it needs is the game to talk to you just like the team manager in 'Race driver: Grid', just like any NFS game, like 'The crew', like 'Forza Horizon' ect. that gives you the personal touch. Gives you missions, gives you the reason to stay, to push you further!

Could use more XP amd credits when playing on harder difficulties. Gives you meaning for all this playing time.

Think about it.

A major update that changes literally almost nothing in the game and gives the players everything they needed.

Edited by Munkon
Spelling mistake

Posted (edited)

Actually @FlashStealth. You have missed the Steam Sale. It increased the player OVERALL player count greatly. The more population will improve sales.

The population is higher than Grid Autosport on Steam Charts.

Edited by CordedQuill42
The numbers never lie.
  • Agree 1

Posted (edited)
11 hours ago, Omiley said:

I'm neither stopping or continuing any plans GRID team currently has as on the forums I'm only a moderator for the Birmingham side 🙂

Suddenly doing 4 times as many tracks requires much more resources that before, meaning that it's most likely not a realistic expectation. 

Also I dont think anyone except the GRID guys are watching. Most DiRT or F1 fans dont even know about ONRUSH. 

Edited by UP100
Got out of bed, fixed loads of problems that happen when I'm lying in bed just after I woke up.
  • Disagree 1

9 hours ago, UP100 said:

Also I dont think anyone except the GRID guys are watching. Most DiRT or F1 fans dont even know about ONRUSH.

You're in denial if you think the community as a whole hasnt taken notice of the GRID development. GRID is not some new attempt to make an arcade racing title, its a well known series. To even insinuate that ONRUSH and GRID are on the same level is highly insensitive to the fans. https://www.racedepartment.com/threads/grid-2019-online-public-lobbies-coming-soon.176293/ . GRID is listed on RaceDepartment, the go to site for online racing. Everything that takes place is noted there, even those who dont play GRID know of its development.

• Haha 1
  • Agree 1

@Omiley

Although we cannot make them join us, there is one thing that we can still do. And that is keep going forward and not giving in to them saying rude stuff to us.

We need to keep pushing for the changes we requested to eventually get into this game.

• Agree 1

@CordedQuill42

I agree, but I personally could care less what anyone has to say about me. I speak up cause I'm a fan of the series, I have no problem conversing with individuals when it comes to that. But I often evaluate my own thoughts before commenting, forums only become messy when people lose sight of the purpose of forums. See the thing is, what we're suggesting mutually benefits everyone. A better game means more fans, then those fans share their enjoyment via social media which brings in more people and thus more sales. The communities requests can be too ambitious at times but thats fine, take note of those request and apply them were you can. More transparency would help too, if we know whats feasible then our request would mirror that. 

They need to work on this game, and they need to do it faster. The potential is there, but it is lacking in so many areas...

Lobbies can't come soon enough. The online mode is pretty dead on PS4. Although I miraculously found a race with 7 other people and it was quite fun.. but it was a rare episode. Most races have just one, at most, two other players.

This, ultimately made me go back to GT Sport to find some fun online racing (a game that I didn't like as much, but still is the go to online racer). The thing is that going back to it, also made me realize how much this game (Grid) is missing on the track department. 

I always say it. The saving grace of Grid is the actual racing. It is very fun to experience and watch. The AIs fighting for position, defending theirs (sometimes very aggressively). The racing on rain is SO MUCH fun and good looking.

But man this game needs content badly, and outside the season pass. We need more tracks. On top of that, a challenge mode should be added, with daily, weekly, monthly stuff to do, with leaderboards and money prices. 

Also the AI should be further worked. They are amazing in some tracks, and they sux in others. I have to constantly change my difficulty settings to adapt...

• Agree 2

Posted (edited)

What is the reason of adding new tracks if they will have the same visual quality like in Autosport? The only benefits from playing new GRID are weather, cockpit and 4 new tracks. This is like good DLC.

Edited by lastbreath

Posted (edited)
15 minutes ago, lastbreath said:

What is the reason of adding new tracks if they will have the same visual quality like in Autosport? The only benefits from playing new GRID are weather, cockpit and 4 new tracks. This is like good DLC.

So you want every single game to be a visual masterpiece, otherwise it sucks?

If we are divided in our complaints, we will fail to nail the point into the developers.

Edited by CordedQuill42
Not worth the effort, mister.

I play grid almost every night with a group of good and fair players.  Mostly 4 to 10 good players. It is so much fun. But we need more tracks. Only 1 track per season is not enough. We want famous tracks like Spa,  Donington and red bull ring. Also we miss the daily, weekly and monthly challenges. Just keep it exciting. And off course the public custom lobbies. Why does it take so long to implement this?

7 minutes ago, KreuZenNL said:

Why does it take so long to implement this?

Because for some reason people keep thinking that programming various features to an already completed and complicated game is easy 🙂