GRID 2019 And How To Fix It.

Posted (edited)

Note, that most of the 'famous' tracks will only give you 2 layouts, including the reverse one.

So if I had a choice between, say, Spa or Bathurst and the fictional city tracks from previous GRID games, I'd choose the fictional ones.

Because they have LOTS of layouts, with long, medium and short distances.

That's way more replay value than a single layout of Spa or Bathurst.

Some famous tracks have many cool layouts though (COTA or Yas Marina), so those are the most worthy ones IMHO.

There's no denying though that Spa and Bathurst are awesome tracks to race on... but they still provide way less content than G2/GAS Chicago.

Edited by painisawarning
  • Like 1
  • Agree 1

Posted (edited)
7 minutes ago, UP100 said:

Because for some reason people keep thinking that programming various features to an already completed and complicated game is easy 🙂 

This game is far from complete. 

Edited by KreuZenNL
  • Agree 2

12 hours ago, KreuZenNL said:

This game is far from complete. 

The game is complete as in has all features and content that was planned for it. It's easier to develop new features when the game isnt completed as there may be a smaller chance of some other feature interfering with the new code 🙂

• Disagree 1

21 hours ago, CordedQuill42 said:

So you want every single game to be a visual masterpiece, otherwise it sucks?

Firstly it's enough to have up to date graphics.

Secondly, what's the point of new game if it has visuals and content of previous game? This is not even remaster, because remaster has better visuals. So what is it?

6 hours ago, UP100 said:

The game is complete as in has all features and content that was planned for it

This game has features? 😄

• Haha 4

1 hour ago, lastbreath said:

This game has features? 😄

Still talking in programming sense, if you somehow didn't catch that from the message... and that was already pointed out 🙂

Yo,

Quick reminder that if there's something specific you want to discuss and bring forward about GRID, you can always @ me and I'll get back to you as soon as I can. Trawling through every message in every General Discussion thread isn't something I normally do as it's not a smart use of time, and it usually involves more baby-sitting and argument-stopping than actual forward progress with the game. So @s is the best option 🙂

Shall get back to gathering the latest feedback for today's report now 👍

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

Am 5.1.2020 um 17:06 sagte Munkon:

@Omiley

Haben Sie eine Chance, das 24-Minuten-Langstreckenrennen "La-Mans" wiederzubeleben? 

Irgendeine Chance für eine VR-Unterstützung?

Vielen Dank 

the 24 minute timelapse is from forza 2

On 1/5/2020 at 3:19 PM, Omiley said:

It's fine if you're not a fan of customization but don't feel a certain way about those who do. You don't agree it has value thats fine, but don't dispute the fact that it has merit. Last time I checked Forza, GT Sport and even NFS have something familiar in common and they all seem to be profiting well.

Sorry but that's completely untrue because year on year sales of FMS have steadily been falling and the last I read was that F7 had only sold 1.5m units. So much so that Turn 10 didn't even bother with FMS8 last year, instead concentrating on beefing up 7 for esports as well as heavily (and unsucessfully) pushing it onto PC's. I think you'll also find that overall sales of NFS are witnessing a downward spiral with not one single release of it's franchise breaking 1m copies on XB1

http://www.vgchartz.com/platform/68/xbox-one/

When you consider that FMS4 shifted in excess of 4m units and the original NFS's (with their greater emphasis on racing) were huge financial successes it just further emphasises the point that modern day attitudes are sucking the life out of racing games. The facts don't lie and you're just not old enough to realise it.

I really can't comment on GTS (it's not my console) but i'm sure you compared it against the commercial success of previous Gran Turismo's before proclaiming it's success.

1 hour ago, _BorisTheFrog_ said:

The facts don't lie and you're just not old enough to realise it.

You're assuming what ? that I'm a kid or something ? I was born in 82'. I've played games from 8-bit to 80 million polygons, from Frogger to Forza. Turn 10 didnt announce FM8 cause the new consoles are coming this fall. FM8 will probably be a bundle like FM6 https://storeinfluencer.com/products/xbox-one-1tb-console-forza-motorsport-6-bundle?cid=372651985&aid=1340305012620617&eid=&tid=pla-4587368672368974&ul=&mt=e&n=o&d=c&dm=&dt&sn&adid=&k=&p=&pc=&ap=. Do yourself a favor and don't cast judgment on people so quickly you don't even know. Stay on topic and don't let your personal feelings cloud the discussions.

Posted (edited)

You implied healthy game sales for three franchises and I presented facts to disprove your theory...all on topic and not really my fault if you're genuinely struggling to understand as to why previously solid franchises (Grid included) are failing within today's industry.

Going back to and to quote part of the very first thing you mentioned: ".......these are the next steps for Codemasters to take to regain the trust of the community." Followed by the 'promo video'. Seriously? Have you actually read these forums and taken on board the *real* issues surrounding this game? Real complaints raised by the communhity. Real shortfalls highlighted by the community. Real concerns from the community.

And trust? Where on earth does that fit into the equation? Do you really believe that we're all going to disregard all the *real* issues and just bow down and praise the lord for all the cars being generically balanced or for having a plethora of customisable options because if you do then, with the greatest of respect, you really do need to step out of cloud cuckoo land and join the real world.

Look, i fully respect your ideals and somewhere along the lines they may well be noteworthy inclusions but aside from a content boost (which nobody disagrees with) the rest are 100% NOT "next steps" in driving this game forward. They are not game changing or innovative, they are personal preferences that would benefit a fully functioning game - and nothing more.

Visuals, lighting, multiplayer (addressed) game modes, track content, structured racing (career), AI behaviour. All these are core gameplay mechanics that have been heavily discussed and in the eyes of most are commonly regarded as "next steps".

Oh and (for one obsessed person - who shall remain nameless) the trees need to look nicer 🙂

And that is my final say on this matter. 

Edited by _BorisTheFrog_
  • Agree 2

- Remove this scratches on cars in start of every race!  (do it ASAP it destroys photos) 

- Add more tracks! (1 per season is not enough) 

- Add demo derby / drift mode 

- Add the possibility the players to chose sponsors on cars and select the kind of color they want (metalic,  matte,  glossy ect) 

- Add text chat in custom lobbies + kick vote system for everyone 

- Improve damage and collision system 

• Agree 2

Posted (edited)
18 hours ago, ChrisGrovesMCM said:

Yo,

Quick reminder that if there's something specific you want to discuss and bring forward about GRID, you can always @ me and I'll get back to you as soon as I can. 👍

@Miatakias_GR  So always a @ in front.  🙄

Edited by ReepRebew

1 hour ago, Miatakias_GR said:

- Remove this scratches on cars in start of every race!  (do it ASAP it destroys photos) 

- Add more tracks! (1 per season is not enough) 

- Add demo derby / drift mode 

- Add the possibility the players to chose sponsors on cars and select the kind of color they want (metalic,  matte,  glossy ect) 

- Add text chat in custom lobbies + kick vote system for everyone 

- Improve damage and collision system 

It has been said so many times...

• Agree 1

@Hafendante

11 hours ago, Hafendante said:

the 24 minute timelapse is from forza 2

Forza 2 was released in 2014.

Race Driver:Grid was released in 2008.

I never played Forza 2 but I'm sure they took it from Codemasters!

That La-Mans thing was PHENOMENAL!!! 

• Confused 1

Heres my issue with the track situation. If CM have planned to only release 1 track per season, then those tracks should be brand new additions to GRID. Adding in a track that was in the previous game is not well thought out. Hence why I suggested adding 4 per season. Im not asking for 4 brand new tracks, just 4 previous ones.

• Agree 1

26 minutes ago, Omiley said:

Heres my issue with the track situation. If CM have planned to only release 1 track per season, then those tracks should be brand new additions to GRID. Adding in a track that was in the previous game is not well thought out. Hence why I suggested adding 4 per season. Im not asking for 4 brand new tracks, just 4 previous ones.

They did same with Dirt rally 2.0, already added Paris so i would bet my money that they are gonna add tracks from  Grid / GAS... I would love to see Milano city track or Nurbourgring gp from original Grid though... 

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

5 hours ago, CrazySerbianGuy said:

It has been said so many times...

In fact we are saying them since 2013  before release of Grid 2 and none has listened to us so no hopes, just said once again.. 

• Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, Miatakias_GR said:

They did same with Dirt rally 2.0, already added Paris so i would bet my money that they are gonna add tracks from  Grid / GAS... I would love to see Milano city track or Nurbourgring gp from original Grid though... 

U like to see the Greece track from Dirt with the Hypercars 😜

15 minutes ago, Miatakias_GR said:

I would love to see Milano city track or Nurbourgring gp from original Grid though

I agree, who doesnt know Nurburg GP or Nordschleife.

• Agree 1

Posted (edited)
39 minutes ago, 053 said:

Message deleted 

Edited by Miatakias_GR

37 minutes ago, 053 said:

I would like a greek city  track more   as city circuit with greek Island theme,  you know narrow roads in a white and blue scenery windmills and sea... Anyway i will have dr2  soon and yes i am gonna buy Greece rally as dlc or whole season... 

• Agree 1

Posted (edited)
On 1/7/2020 at 7:58 PM, _BorisTheFrog_ said:

Sorry but that's completely untrue because year on year sales of FMS have steadily been falling and the last I read was that F7 had only sold 1.5m units. So much so that Turn 10 didn't even bother with FMS8 last year, instead concentrating on beefing up 7 for esports as well as heavily (and unsucessfully) pushing it onto PC's. I think you'll also find that overall sales of NFS are witnessing a downward spiral with not one single release of it's franchise breaking 1m copies on XB1

When you consider that FMS4 shifted in excess of 4m units and the original NFS's (with their greater emphasis on racing) were huge financial successes it just further emphasises the point that modern day attitudes are sucking the life out of racing games. The facts don't lie and you're just not old enough to realise it.

I really can't comment on GTS (it's not my console) but i'm sure you compared it against the commercial success of previous Gran Turismo's before proclaiming it's success.

actually i think fm7 was a success on PC cause it also got me into buying horizon 4 & then 3. Plus a xbox 1 x with it's "play anywhere".

The failure was they released fm6 apex which ran FLAWLESSLY due to it running less then 1/2 of what the xbox version is.

I have fm6 on xbox & there is WAY more game then PC even if you bought the PC version "premium"

to me fm6 APEX was bait to get PC users to buy 7 & 7 was a mess at start on PC with cross play & load times.

As for GTS as soon as i saw the lack of single player content i was reminded how they did that with gt4 to 5 to 6 being the least amount of SP.

can't make up my mind did i like gt 4 or 5 more.

On 1/7/2020 at 9:41 PM, Omiley said:

You're assuming what ? that I'm a kid or something ? I was born in 82'. I've played games from 8-bit to 80 million polygons, from Frogger to Forza. Turn 10 didnt announce FM8 cause the new consoles are coming this fall. FM8 will probably be a bundle like FM6 https://storeinfluencer.com/products/xbox-one-1tb-console-forza-motorsport-6-bundle?cid=372651985&aid=1340305012620617&eid=&tid=pla-4587368672368974&ul=&mt=e&n=o&d=c&dm=&dt&sn&adid=&k=&p=&pc=&ap=. Do yourself a favor and don't cast judgment on people so quickly you don't even know. Stay on topic and don't let your personal feelings cloud the discussions.

actually fm5 was the 1st xbox 1 bundle not sure if they sold xbox 1 bundled with fm6.

20 hours ago, Munkon said:

@Hafendante

Forza 2 was released in 2014.

Race Driver:Grid was released in 2008.

I never played Forza 2 but I'm sure they took it from Codemasters!

That La-Mans thing was PHENOMENAL!!! 

wrong, you're talking about forza horizon 2 in 2014

forza motorsport 2 was  2007 

Edited by OugaBooga
missed some stuff