DiRT Rally 2.0 - New Player Guide Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  

F1 2019 - Instant crash into computer restart

Actually I found the cause of crash in windows event viewer

- <System>
  <Provider Name="Microsoft-Windows-Kernel-Power" Guid="{331c3b3a-2005-44c2-ac5e-77220c37d6b4}" />
  <EventID>41</EventID>
  <Version>6</Version>
  <Level>1</Level>
  <Task>63</Task>
  <Opcode>0</Opcode>
  <Keywords>0x8000400000000002</Keywords>
  <TimeCreated SystemTime="2020-01-05T18:30:47.005996300Z" />
  <EventRecordID>21855</EventRecordID>
  <Correlation />
  <Execution ProcessID="4" ThreadID="8" />
  <Channel>System</Channel>
  <Computer>DESKTOP-Romain</Computer>
  <Security UserID="S-1-5-18" />
  </System>
- <EventData>
  <Data Name="BugcheckCode">0</Data>
  <Data Name="BugcheckParameter1">0x0</Data>
  <Data Name="BugcheckParameter2">0x0</Data>
  <Data Name="BugcheckParameter3">0x0</Data>
  <Data Name="BugcheckParameter4">0x0</Data>
  <Data Name="SleepInProgress">0</Data>
  <Data Name="PowerButtonTimestamp">0</Data>
  <Data Name="BootAppStatus">0</Data>
  <Data Name="Checkpoint">0</Data>
  <Data Name="ConnectedStandbyInProgress">false</Data>
  <Data Name="SystemSleepTransitionsToOn">0</Data>
  <Data Name="CsEntryScenarioInstanceId">0</Data>
  <Data Name="BugcheckInfoFromEFI">false</Data>
  <Data Name="CheckpointStatus">0</Data>
  </EventData>
  </Event>

Hope it's useful

15 hours ago, DMUJ said:

Just before I do that, is there a way to install a prior version of the game ?

Because everthing worked just fine from september to october even though I'm not sure these crashes began just after a new patch.

I'm not sure. All games allow you to create a backup, but not sure that this one will launch offline in Steam (at least for the connecting to online services bit; TBH, I've never tried it). Might just be a warning that you need to create a new profile, won't save progress until you sync, etc. But I really am guessing.

Hey, big update

I'm pretty sure I figured this out. In despair and last before going on updating BIOS and maybe even clean install windows on the weekend, I saw in another topic  @steviejay69 (btw his help for this forum is incredible) saying that G-Hub could cause some crashes with a G29. Then, I told myself, I have no G29 nor G-Hub but I have a G502 mouse and so I have this little Logitech software to map my mouse buttons that is always in background: maybe Codemasters and/or Logitech just broke something in there by trying to solve something for the G29. And indeed, by running F1 2019 after having shut down the Logitech software, I've got no more crash.

It's been now 2 days and 2 GP in CM (so also trainings and qualifyings) and even if I assume that with my bad luck it can crash just next time because I wrote this post, it really seems to be fixed.

• Thanks 2
  • Agree 1

Posted (edited)
4 hours ago, DMUJ said:

Hey, big update

I'm pretty sure I figured this out. In despair and last before going on updating BIOS and maybe even clean install windows on the weekend, I saw in another topic  @steviejay69 (btw his help for this forum is incredible) saying that G-Hub could cause some crashes with a G29. Then, I told myself, I have no G29 nor G-Hub but I have a G502 mouse and so I have this little Logitech software to map my mouse buttons that is always in background: maybe Codemasters and/or Logitech just broke something in there by trying to solve something for the G29. And indeed, by running F1 2019 after having shut down the Logitech software, I've got no more crash.It's been now 2 days and 2 GP in CM (so also trainings and qualifyings) and even if I assume that with my bad luck it can crash just next time because I wrote this post, it really seems to be fixed.

@DMUJ This is great feedback. I have Logitech peripherals and I install Logitech SetPoint periodically to check battery levels in the mouse and also for device firmware, but I then uninstall. The Logitech website offers me Logitech Options, but it doesn't in fact work with my combo (MK330 Keyboard with M185 mouse) so the Logitech support website is far from perfect - it also seems to offer outdated versions of software but if you hit the 'more options' (or somesuch) you can often find a newer version. It would seem that they have indeed sidelined LGS for G-Hub as all the Logitech software is uploaded to their FTP server (ftp://ftp.logitech.com/pub/gaming) and it's apparent that there hasn't been a LGS update for some time.

Tl:dr - I agree with you on mouse / keyboard / RGB stuff. Use it to install updates then absolutely get rid of it if you don't need it for essential functionality (if you do, then at least keep it up to date).

Edited by steviejay69

In fact for now I just have to right click on task bar Logitech icon -> leave. No need uninstalling to me but I could as another test if the issue comes back eventually.

And the buttons mapped and different profiles are still usable when the software isn't launched btw so I should not ask this software to start with windows in the first place. But I don't want to touch anything now that it's working.

However according to this I've got the right up to date version https://support.logi.com/hc/en-001/articles/360025298053 

• Agree 1

Crashes have come back lmao

It's complete non-sense.

Might the fact that Discord asks me if I want to change the audio input (as if I just plugged a new device) when I get back mean something ? 

Hi im writing cause i experiencing the same issue. If you haven't figured it out yet its whatever oc you have on your ram or cpu thats causing the crash. Try putting everything back to stock to see if thats helps.   

• Agree 1

6 hours ago, phillyfinest197 said:

Hi im writing cause i experiencing the same issue. If you haven't figured it out yet its whatever oc you have on your ram or cpu thats causing the crash. Try putting everything back to stock to see if thats helps.   

Yes I would strongly recommend whilst troubleshooting that everything is run at stock speeds.

On 1/11/2020 at 6:39 PM, DMUJ said:

Crashes have come back lmao

It's complete non-sense.

Might the fact that Discord asks me if I want to change the audio input (as if I just plugged a new device) when I get back mean something ? 

Have the audio drivers been changed? It is a good idea to check 'Updates and Security' and Windows Update|Update History|Driver Updates

Feel free to post back 😉

Edited by steviejay69

On 2/11/2020 at 9:41 AM, steviejay69 said:

Yes I would strongly recommend whilst troubleshooting that everything is run at stock speeds.

Have the audio drivers been changed? It is a good idea to check 'Updates and Security' and Windows Update|Update History|Driver Updates

Feel free to post back 😉

I have never overclocked anything on my PC so it can't be this

And I had reinstalled manually my Realtek drivers, but there is no audio update in windows update history.

As an update, I think I have no more crashes on F1 2019 (it maybe just needed me to say that so that it comes back but anyway) nevertheless it has become quite systematic on NBA 2k20, and as this game is known to be complete **** in terms of bug in pc versions I don't even know if it's the game, my hardware, my software...

Kinda gave up on this and just praying while playing tbh.

Posted (edited)
25 minutes ago, DMUJ said:

I have never overclocked anything on my PC so it can't be this

And I had reinstalled manually my Realtek drivers, but there is no audio update in windows update history.

As an update, I think I have no more crashes on F1 2019 (it maybe just needed me to say that so that it comes back but anyway) nevertheless it has become quite systematic on NBA 2k20, and as this game is known to be complete **** in terms of bug in pc versions I don't even know if it's the game, my hardware, my software...

Kinda gave up on this and just praying while playing tbh.

Installing graphics drivers installs new sound devices (or reinstalls them). I'm afraid W10 doesn't like this, IMO.

Check the default sound sources are set and all unused inputs / outputs are disabled. Then check the correct sources are set in-game, save, exit and restart.

Also Realtek UAD drivers are better for DX12 (as are Nvidia DCH drivers, not sure if they're split into Standard and non-DCH still, no real reason as W7 is EOL and W8.1 is a kind of evil limbo) not HDA drivers, which are suited to DX11.

If you have HDA device manager will show Realtek High Definition Audio Device, if you have UAD then it will show Realtek (r) Audio and you will have a Realtek Audio Control app.

Edited by steviejay69
Realtek drivers

"Installing graphics drivers installs new sound devices (or reinstalls them). I'm afraid W10 doesn't like this, IMO."

Oh but I had installed new ones as a try to solve these crash issues so it can be the cause. It just didnt solve this.

However I indeed have Realtek HDA along with Nvidia HDA, Nvidia Virtual Audio Device WDM and USB PnP Sound Device (Microphone). I also have a HD Realtek Control App issued by MSI (motherboard) since the beginning.

-

It also can be noted that I have visual artifacts in NBA 2K menus, but not during gameplay, not in F1 2019 menus and it wasn't there when it first began to crash. 

Also, as all these symptoms could make us think of a dying graphic card or PSU, I can still play without any issue hours of Red Dead Redemption 2. 

As it was one of microsoft's solutions to Kernel 41, I plugged my PC on another electric socket AND on another multisocket, fixed nothing.

20 minutes ago, DMUJ said:

"Installing graphics drivers installs new sound devices (or reinstalls them). I'm afraid W10 doesn't like this, IMO."

Oh but I had installed new ones as a try to solve these crash issues so it can be the cause. It just didnt solve this.

However I indeed have Realtek HDA along with Nvidia HDA, Nvidia Virtual Audio Device WDM and USB PnP Sound Device (Microphone). I also have a HD Realtek Control App issued by MSI (motherboard) since the beginning.

-

It also can be noted that I have visual artifacts in NBA 2K menus, but not during gameplay, not in F1 2019 menus and it wasn't there when it first began to crash. 

Also, as all these symptoms could make us think of a dying graphic card or PSU, I can still play without any issue hours of Red Dead Redemption 2. 

It is rather contradictory as UAD has the modern app not just a .cpl applet

Are you sure the app is modern as this is only with UAD. HDA has a .cpl applet.

Picture (I have Connexant Audio on this laptop with Dolby, so the .cpl applet looks like this - the Realtek one is similar)

image.thumb.png.dd4321c3d0b9b86937886783820e4aa4.png

The Realtek Audio Console as a modern app looks more like this

c2NnGHPBrh-Xb9x376swxHR4C1xFCNZj7dYgIs_i9MU.jpg?auto=webp&s=2dd6428a9b16e8fd9091da6867238990649fb496

Posted (edited)
8 minutes ago, steviejay69 said:

It is rather contradictory as UAD has the modern app not just a .cpl applet

Are you sure the app is modern as this is only with UAD. HDA has a .cpl applet.

Picture (I have Connexant Audio on this laptop with Dolby, so the .cpl applet looks like this - the Realtek one is similar)

image.thumb.png.dd4321c3d0b9b86937886783820e4aa4.png

The Realtek Audio Console as a modern app looks more like this

c2NnGHPBrh-Xb9x376swxHR4C1xFCNZj7dYgIs_i9MU.jpg?auto=webp&s=2dd6428a9b16e8fd9091da6867238990649fb496

Idk, that's the one I'm talking about 

(and in background all my Realtek files) 

(pardon my french)1015012251_Annotation2020-03-08145442.thumb.jpg.90ab8d8f591d574f2d5efdd8286a59a9.jpg

Edited by DMUJ

Sooo

I tried myself in a BIOS update

Hopefully got it right, format USB key to FAT32, BIOS on MSI website etc, followed guide but anyway it was only one way forward inside bios.

Only thing is on the first restart Windows said "starting diagnostic". It kinda rose my heartbeat but then everything started as usual so I guess it's ok.

I've played some 2K (since it was really systematically crashing recently and happened no more on F1 2019) and it DID work. I guess it's still too soon to affirm anything but it's quite encouraging. I've set up an alarm to make me think of doing another feedback next week-end (or as soon as it crashes again, hope not). 

18 hours ago, DMUJ said:

Idk, that's the one I'm talking about 

(and in background all my Realtek files) 

(pardon my french)1015012251_Annotation2020-03-08145442.thumb.jpg.90ab8d8f591d574f2d5efdd8286a59a9.jpg

Clearly a .cpl applet, therefore you have HDA audio.

I am glad it is working. UEFI BIOS updates are always advised by me as the amount of fixes for memory and SSD compatibility as well as other undocumented fixes is often quite significant.

Also, CPU microcode is updated.

UAD/DCH driver models are the mainstream development path, Windows 10 and DX12.

So it turns out a country under lockdown kinda helps with having time to play games and test them. I've not been playing that much but I still think thanks to the couple of past weeks that both 2K and F1 games are fully stabilized. I had no crash at all in any games since I updated BIOS. 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, DMUJ said:

So it turns out a country under lockdown kinda helps with having time to play games and test them. I've not been playing that much but I still think thanks to the couple of past weeks that both 2K and F1 games are fully stabilized. I had no crash at all in any games since I updated BIOS. 

Glad to hear it mate, now we just need Codemasters to fix the damn game instead of me focusing on how to fix people's PCs 🙂

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Thanks for your help all along !

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1