Want to report an issue? Have a bug to report? Please look here first!!!! Read more... ×

Time Trial friends leaderboard

Evening all

Is there any reason why my friends do not show up on time trials / friends leaderboard? 

3 hours ago, bufferzone said:

Evening all

Is there any reason why my friends do not show up on time trials / friends leaderboard? 

Do they play on the same platform as you?

15 hours ago, bufferzone said:

Hi Steve, yes they do. 

Have they actually set a time at that track?

Yes he's set a time on Monaco and it isn't showing.   Turns out that's all he's done after asking him again but it still isn't there. 

Posted (edited)
18 hours ago, bufferzone said:

Yes he's set a time on Monaco and it isn't showing.   Turns out that's all he's done after asking him again but it still isn't there. 

Without knowing which platform he's on this will be difficult to confirm.

Edit: never mind, I checked your profile and the platform is PS4, what position does he think he has in the Global leaderboard and what is his Monaco time (username will be helpful)?

Edited by steviejay69
Confirmed PS4

Are you sure the time set was faster than the slowest shown on the leaderboards and was the lap legal? (no corner cutting or hitting walls)

Hi, do you have to set a time faster than the slowest laptime shown on the leaderboard to appear on the leaderboard? Me and my friend have set a valid laptime for Australia dry, but slower than entry 15000. And we don’t appear on each others friends board.

On australia wet we also set a time and there we appear on each other’s friendsboards. I assume because we set a time faster than the slowest. Or because there are less than 15000 entries.

We are not interested in being the best on the global leaderboard, but we want to compare our times amongst friends. It would be a miss if that’s not possible.

(PS4)

Correct, you have to be faster than the slowest time on the leaderboard to appear there. 

37 minutes ago, wasneeplus said:

Thanks. Is that an issue or a feature? Why is that?

It's a leaderboard. No doubt somewhere there is a size limit. So, apart from the first time anyone posts a time, there may well be a simple check to see if it meets the slowest time or if the table exceeds 15000 entries then the 'slowest' data is lost. It's probably something to do with manipulating the entries quickly enough.

OR

The friends leaderboard will always be smaller than the global leaderboard and I imagine this is because the way the data will be pulled is different and it may make sense to restrict the size of the global leaderboard to make the collection of the friends' data possible in a reasonable time.

Thanks for your reply. I can live with a restriction of 15000 entries on the global leaderboard. I have no interest in being in that list, my driving skills probably don’t allow that. 😁

But it also results in a empty friends leaderboard. Because we are not registered as an entry on the global board, we are also not shown on each others friend boards. That’s unfortunate, we want to compare times between 3 friends.

Is there a way to fix this?

I suppose the only way is to make it to the leaderboards. Then your times will also show in the friends leaderboard. 

That seems to be a bug to me. The laptimes are saved because if I retry a time trial I can see my own old time on the friends board when I’m in the pitbox. I don’t understand why there is an dependency between the global and friends board. It makes the friendsboard kind of useless.

Also we didn’t experience this issue in the previous versions of F1. It’s a pity. I hope this can be resolved.

• Agree 1

1 hour ago, wasneeplus said:

That seems to be a bug to me. The laptimes are saved because if I retry a time trial I can see my own old time on the friends board when I’m in the pitbox. I don’t understand why there is an dependency between the global and friends board. It makes the friendsboard kind of useless.

Also we didn’t experience this issue in the previous versions of F1. It’s a pity. I hope this can be resolved.

There has to be a dependency between the global board and the friends board, it's a subset of the data. It seems you read my reply, but did not grasp it.

I understand that the friendsboard is apparently a subset of the globalboard. I just don’t understand that’s how it is designed. That dependency is not necessary, it could as easily retrieve the laptimes of friends separately. Or the 15000 entry limit could be extended to more than 40000, just like last years edition.

My point is: the friendsboard should not only be usable for the top 15000 drivers but also for the less skillful drivers who want to have fun and compare laptimes amongst friends.

So therefore my kind request to resolve this.

15 hours ago, wasneeplus said:

I understand that the friendsboard is apparently a subset of the globalboard. I just don’t understand that’s how it is designed. That dependency is not necessary, it could as easily retrieve the laptimes of friends separately. Or the 15000 entry limit could be extended to more than 40000, just like last years edition.

My point is: the friendsboard should not only be usable for the top 15000 drivers but also for the less skillful drivers who want to have fun and compare laptimes amongst friends.

So therefore my kind request to resolve this.

I would suggest getting better at the game, it is not hard to get in the top 15000. 

The dependency may be necessary depending on how much of your own data would need to be mined if the friends leaderboard wasn't a subset of the global leaderboard. Plus, that data does need to be stored somewhere, each iteration of the game, each platform, for however long. Maybe they looked at it and saw that 40000 wasn't being used fully, so 15000 made more sense.

I agree to that. Shouldn’t be that hard to reach the 15.000 level. It just takes a little bit of practice if your aim is not the top 100. 

You’re right. I had full traction control with which it was hard to make the top 15000. Yesterday I drove with half traction control and that made a big laptime difference and top 15000 is easily reachable.

Still though I think friendsboard should show friends independent of being on the global leaderboard. But I’ll stop about that now.

Thanks for your replies. 

I've just had a bug myself at Paul RIcard. I improved but it wasn't updating. I do suck there but my old time is in the top 36%. I knocked more than a second off (eight tenths in the second example - I restarted the PC in between). I'm connected to the internet and Steam and online services.

• A short description of the problem: Leaderboard not updating
  • Platform you’re on (PS4, Xbox One, PC, Steam): PC Steam
  • Game Version (Shown on the Start screen in the bottom left hand corner): 1.18.2
  • Game Mode, including if it was Single Player or Multiplayer (Time Trial, Career, Grand Prix, Custom Game etc): TT
  • If in Multiplayer, how many players and how many AI?: n/a
  • What happened in the lead up to the problem?: Nothing
  • If you get an error message, the exact wording of the error message you're receiving: None
  • Any accessories you are using (wheel, pad, etc): Usual T300, F1 Rim
  • If you have any videos or screenshots, please share them. If the video is long, please include a timestamp for when the issue appears: no video, just screenshots.

20200111205200_1.jpg

20200111205244_1.jpg

Edit:

So I go back on another session and find I'm off the leaderboard in USA (I did get the achievement for TT at all tracks). So I post a time with a default setup that puts me back on the leaderboard.

I then return to Paul Ricard same session and set a faster time. It updates.

This last screenshot is for the 3rd session report code. Maybe you can tell me what is different between the sessions that it now updates.

20200111220143_1.jpg

Edited by steviejay69
You can see the report code and the Personal Best I've beat

@1512marcel surely these issues must be related as they're occuring across platforms and popping up with recent frequency.

France for me wasn't fixed until I went to USA (can only assume my time had slipped outside top 15000 - as I said I did get the TT achievement when the game came out) before I set an improved USA time the 'Find Me' function was not working in the Global leaderboard, nor was I in the Friends leaderboard.

As soon as I set that improved USA time, the French GP leaderboard accepted my new time (even my old time was searchable and in the top 15000).

Hope this helps in some way.

I have noticed that too, but like to keep things organized for now. Would love to see the forum being split up into platform based sections and one general multi platform section. Have mentioned this to Barry already.

1 minute ago, 1512marcel said:

I have noticed that too, but like to keep things organized for now. Would love to see the forum being split up into platform based sections and one general multi platform section. Have mentioned this to Barry already.

Needs better filter, search and tracking to be fair. I think I pointed this out earlier but it would seem to have been taken off the 'to be actioned' list.

The search function is broken or does not return good results. Tagging might be an option if it is taken away from forum users and made actionable only by staff.

• Agree 1

Hi everyone,

We've had a few reports of this, and I've tried to recreate it with the team on PC, but to no avail (all seems to work okay).

I've have passed this onto our testing team to see if they can see the issues on consoles.