Sign in to follow this  

Brightness options during a stage? Open to cheating?

Posted (edited)

I was made aware by someone in one of my race clubs, that if you lose your lights on a night stage, it is not actually as punishing as it should be, you just pause the game and select Graphics -> brightness, and put it on max. Hey Presto, you're driving in daylight. 

I was shocked, having tested it I'm more shocked, this is just blatant cheating, surely the brightness option should be set up elsewhere, it shouldn't be adjustable during a stage?

Included a screenshot of normal brightness setting versus max brightness setting, in a night stage with no headlights:

dark3.PNG.47da9df50d0e59244396cacfbc5e95b8.PNG

light3.PNG.7446398eaef50c5059f9a091be128c74.PNG

Edited by Beefcote852

Then you could just turn it up before starting the night stage, and drive with lights off. Disabling it during a stage doesn't help.

I don't think it's such a big problem anyway...

• Agree 1

1 hour ago, Lenman said:

Then you could just turn it up before starting the night stage, and drive with lights off. Disabling it during a stage doesn't help.

I don't think it's such a big problem anyway...

Hi Lenman, I've since added a screenshot as you'll see above.

I can't see the temptation to change this setting before a stage, but it's definitely there once you're in a stage and have lost the lights.

It's not cheating because you're using the settings as they present themselves. It is more a clever way of using the game's settings/mechanics.

It isn't something they can remove either, the devs. It's to help those with sight issues or some other issue.

I don't use it myself but I have seen others do it.

5 minutes ago, SRD_SimVansevenant said:

It's not cheating because you're using the settings as they present themselves. It is more a clever way of using the game's settings/mechanics.

It isn't something they can remove either, the devs. It's to help those with sight issues or some other issue.

I don't use it myself but I have seen others do it.

That's fair, but I mean remove it as an option "during" a stage. There's no reason to need to change your brightness settings during the game after you've chosen what you're comfortable with?

...and it helps if the frontlights are defect because of a collision a stage before.... :classic_smile: