Nead help,thanks...

Hello fellow F1 drivers.Can anyone tell me how big is difference between joystick and decent steering weel.

Thank you very much and greetings from Holland.

All best wishes in 2020

Depends on how good you're on either one. What I can say is that you can still compete agaisnt wheel users with pad 🙂

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

2 hours ago, UP100 said:

Depends on how good you're on either one. What I can say is that you can still compete agaisnt wheel users with pad 🙂

I would go one further than this Its much easier to compete with wheel users with a pad. I know they have run some 'in house' tests and decided times are about the same but its much harder to stay consistent on the wheel in comparison plus you kind of have to build upto your speed on a wheel (too me 3 or 4 weeks) where as on a pad you have a much quicker learning curve.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

21 minutes ago, AdamFreeman said:

its much harder to stay consistent on the wheel in comparison plus you kind of have to build upto your speed on a wheel (too me 3 or 4 weeks) where as on a pad you have a much quicker learning curve.

It's very easy to stay consistent with a wheel as you have a higher degree of control over your car, so it's easier to turn the "right amount" for a corner without even thinking about it.

Everytime I've tried a pad I've been total garbage anyways 😁

• Like 1

I'm a pad user myself there are pros and cons for both. The main advantage for wheel users I've found is they can better look after there tyres on a long stint as @UP100 says that be due to a smoother input of the wheel then there's the advantage of the wheel when it comes to shifting gears manually and all other mfd inputs as your racing because believe me using a pad shifting gears and changing mfd settings with no T/C or abs is a ball ache. I'm no pro myself but if you can master no assists and manual geats with a pad it's as fast if not faster. Than a £300 wheel setup.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, CosareNL said:

Hello fellow F1 drivers.Can anyone tell me how big is difference between joystick and decent steering weel.

Thank you very much and greetings from Holland.

All best wishes in 2020

Hi @CosareNL,

We've ran some tests and, in terms of literal lap delta, there is very little difference.

From my game experience (before I worked with CM and after) its all about where you feel more comfortable. I can play on pad and wheel and be very close in terms of times, but they sensations and feelings are different. It depends on your requirements. If you can afford to get a wheel with a good setup, its always recommended as you feel more immersed in the game. If you cannot, you should be able (with the right opponents and enough practice) be able to compete with other users on the pad.

All esports players (so the very fastest) play on a wheel. However, there is also some very fast people online with a pad. All personal choice.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

Posted (edited)

To regularly and consistently compete at the highest level online (racing and leagues not necessarily TT) with this game you need the following :

1) Mid to high end wheel and pedal set (accurate FFB is crucial and multiple programmable buttons give you the edge dealing with ERS, fuel mapping and engineer comms) 

2) Tcam view (cockpit is a severe handicap against everyone else) 

3) TC Medium (abs off is a big advantage once you get used to it, TC gives you a massive consistency boost in long races) 

4) Manual gear shifts. A no brainer, major advantage during both braking and acceleration. 

5) Lots of practice (even if everyone cheats, the cheat with the most practice wins!) 

All these are my opinions only, feel free to comment and criticize!

Edited by sloppysmusic
Added manual shifting
  • Like 1
  • Agree 1
  • Disagree 1

I used to be a pad racer but since last year i have a wheel (Playseat challenge with Thrustmaster T-GT with F1 add on rim) and i can never go back as pad racer. The race feeling and sensation i have now with a wheel is superb!! 

If you like pad, stay with that, but if you have some money to spend, a wheel would be the next best step up.

IMG-20190317-WA0007.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, sloppysmusic said:

To regularly and consistently compete at the highest level online (racing and leagues not necessarily TT) with this game you need the following :

1) Mid to high end wheel and pedal set (accurate FFB is crucial and multiple programmable buttons give you the edge dealing with ERS, fuel mapping and engineer comms) 

2) Tcam view (cockpit is a severe handicap against everyone else) 

3) TC Medium (abs off is a big advantage once you get used to it, TC gives you a massive consistency boost in long races) 

4) Lots of practice (even if everyone cheats, the cheat with the most practice wins!) 

All these are my opinions only, feel free to comment and criticize!

Thanks all for reaction.Let me give you some more info what is going on.I am vetaran F1 gamer.Playing with joystick.Curently using TC off but seems not to be able to turn of anti-lock.In April 2019 I saw F1 Mobile Racing and playing it ever since.Started YouTube channel in June,kept improving and ended up in Top 10.Cople of weeks back there was first ever eSports Mobile Qualifier and Top 10 is going to next faze.Offical results still neads to come but what I understud from limited information,we will basicly merge on PC,PS4 and Xbox  and asuming from pro draft 2019 drive 1/2 race on F1 2019 and top 10 from that race goes tru.I think.Its going to be hard for people from F1 Mobile Racing considering we don t play or didn t play F1 2019 and people from pc,ps4 and x box did and do it from the start.Anyone familiar with rules of Round 2?Are you allowed to use any assists?I basicly started playing F1 2019 cople of days after 26 decembar 2019.So far I managed in Timetrial in Austria 0.765 behinde no1.Playing on ps4.Drove cople of other tracks but its work in progres.I don t know if I will have any chance with joystick.I am asuming not.I am asuming joystick is atleast 0.5 sec slower if not more.Is Fanatec start up model,700 euro one enough to have a chance or not?I bought F1 2019 when it came out but played it 3-4 times only until the end of dec 2019.Its going to be tough.....Thanks all...Soon more....Greetings from Holland and.... Race you laterrrrr

Manual shifting,Using mushroms,right one for acceleration pushing it forward and braking pulling it back,Left one for steering

Edited by CosareNL

27 minutes ago, GioProductions said:

I used to be a pad racer but since last year i have a wheel (Playseat challenge with Thrustmaster T-GT with F1 add on rim) and i can never go back as pad racer. The race feeling and sensation i have now with a wheel is superb!! 

If you like pad, stay with that, but if you have some money to spend, a wheel would be the next best step up.

IMG-20190317-WA0007.jpeg

Looks awsome.Tyvm for share

2 hours ago, CosareNL said:

Looks awsome.Tyvm for share

Graag gedaan (you are welcome)

Greetings from Holland also 

• Like 1

20 hours ago, CosareNL said:

Thanks all for reaction.Let me give you some more info what is going on.I am vetaran F1 gamer.Playing with joystick.Curently using TC off but seems not to be able to turn of anti-lock.In April 2019 I saw F1 Mobile Racing and playing it ever since.Started YouTube channel in June,kept improving and ended up in Top 10.Cople of weeks back there was first ever eSports Mobile Qualifier and Top 10 is going to next faze.Offical results still neads to come but what I understud from limited information,we will basicly merge on PC,PS4 and Xbox  and asuming from pro draft 2019 drive 1/2 race on F1 2019 and top 10 from that race goes tru.I think.Its going to be hard for people from F1 Mobile Racing considering we don t play or didn t play F1 2019 and people from pc,ps4 and x box did and do it from the start.Anyone familiar with rules of Round 2?Are you allowed to use any assists?I basicly started playing F1 2019 cople of days after 26 decembar 2019.So far I managed in Timetrial in Austria 0.765 behinde no1.Playing on ps4.Drove cople of other tracks but its work in progres.I don t know if I will have any chance with joystick.I am asuming not.I am asuming joystick is atleast 0.5 sec slower if not more.Is Fanatec start up model,700 euro one enough to have a chance or not?I bought F1 2019 when it came out but played it 3-4 times only until the end of dec 2019.Its going to be tough.....Thanks all...Soon more....Greetings from Holland and.... Race you laterrrrr

Manual shifting,Using mushroms,right one for acceleration pushing it forward and braking pulling it back,Left one for steering

From the rules;

2.10.Regardless of the platform used by any participant in 2020 Qualification, all participants that compete in the Pro Draft shall be required to compete on a PC using a simulator wheel and pedals (as supplied by Formula 1).

This will mean a Fanatec CSL Elite with the Club Sport F1 eSports Rim and I think the Elite Pedals with LC option (not sure on that, it's either the 3 pedal set or the 2 pedal plus the LC, but the latter is my guess).

20.3.Assist Restrictions

a) Braking Assist = Off

b) Anti-Lock Brakes = Off

c) Traction Control = Off

d) Automatic Gearbox = Manual

e) Pit Release Assist = Off

f) Dynamic Racing Line = Off

g) ERS = Manual

No assists.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, steviejay69 said:

From the rules;

This will mean a Fanatec CSL Elite with the Club Sport F1 eSports Rim and I think the Elite Pedals with LC option (not sure on that, it's either the 3 pedal set or the 2 pedal plus the LC, but the latter is my guess).

No assists.

Thank you very much 🙂

I use the t300 and f12019 on the ps4 had excellent ffb on dayone release , patch 1,03,

now on patch 1.18. .1. And ffb feels very muted and rain is as bad as it gets,

most of my freinds have the fanatec cls elite with v3 pedals ,

and I can now report that one of our guys race lap time were midfield , he had a logatic wheel but now from last week on his new fanatec cls elite with v3 pedals ,he has jumped ahead and in the top 4 of the race pack,

f12019 in game advertising boards around most tracks promote the fanatec wheel ,

so perhaps that answers a lot of questions ,

so stick with either a pad £50 or invest £750 fanatec cls elite with v3 pedals 

but £750 for a fanatec cls elite and v3 pedals is a huge investment for a game that's worth £20 ,

,if you have a PC then invest , but for consoles I would not and remember if you are a console guy then the new ps5 is out this year , 

• Like 1

On 1/9/2020 at 6:09 AM, senna94f1 said:

I use the t300 and f12019 on the ps4 had excellent ffb on dayone release , patch 1,03,

now on patch 1.18. .1. And ffb feels very muted and rain is as bad as it gets,

most of my freinds have the fanatec cls elite with v3 pedals ,

and I can now report that one of our guys race lap time were midfield , he had a logatic wheel but now from last week on his new fanatec cls elite with v3 pedals ,he has jumped ahead and in the top 4 of the race pack,

f12019 in game advertising boards around most tracks promote the fanatec wheel ,

so perhaps that answers a lot of questions ,

so stick with either a pad £50 or invest £750 fanatec cls elite with v3 pedals 

but £750 for a fanatec cls elite and v3 pedals is a huge investment for a game that's worth £20 ,

,if you have a PC then invest , but for consoles I would not and remember if you are a console guy then the new ps5 is out this year , 

Thank you very much 🙂

On 1/6/2020 at 4:30 PM, GioProductions said:

IMG-20190317-WA0007.jpeg

How low do you have your seat? I've got mine pretty much as low as the velcro will allow without collapsing but still feel like my arms are cramped and my knees get in the way of my wrists when turning in full lock? Any ideas welcome please? I'm only 5'8" too! Cheers

14 minutes ago, kenuf said:

How low do you have your seat? I've got mine pretty much as low as the velcro will allow without collapsing but still feel like my arms are cramped and my knees get in the way of my wrists when turning in full lock? Any ideas welcome please? I'm only 5'8" too! Cheers

Hey,

I have it a little beyond the 5 stripes (see new photo) But i am 1.75m and for me that works good.

Greetings

IMG-20181102-WA0065.jpeg

@GioProductions thanks for that. Never thought about measuring it against the hook! 🙄 Always trying to line up the velcro.underneath! Doh!

Cheers for the advice

• Agree 1