Make training less annoying

PJTierney

There are no plans to add mid-Stage starting points to DiRT Rally 2.0.

Message added by PJTierney

In real live, i can repeat parts of a section to find out the best effort for this part of the track.  In Dirt 2 i have to drive everytime the whole section or at least the way to the port i want to practice. On large sections, this is somewhat annoying. So please implement one of the following features:

- allow to drive in the wrong direction on time trial to make easier repeat parts of a section

or

- add training mode with customisable user defined start and endpoints in a section

It's unlikely that suggestion would fly. Even though in reality people can and do memorise the tracks, it's not really what the game is meant to be about. It's meant to be a test of the driver's skill at reacting to a track they don't know, and using their co-driver.

Dirt 4 has a feature that generates randomised tracks for this reason. Some like it, some don't, but that's the direction of the thinking.

If this is so, its a stupid approach. If you have always drive the whole track, you will memorize it automatically. There are lot of tracks where i turn off the copilots voice, because i know the track much better.

That's just not what rallying is.  Rallying is one of the few motorsports where the memorization of a track is not expected of a driver.  In the real world, stages change significantly from location to location every year, and the conditions of the road are never exactly the same.

You mean, the fastest 10 or 20 people at each track driven this times without memorizing this track? Hey, this is not rally, this is a computer game. 

The fastest 5 or 10 maybe have entire stages memorized, but most of those top times are probably set by people very familiar with the stages and memorized some critical corners, but not the entire thing unless it's one of the very short (<7km) stages.

I've got a few top 10's in there and I haven't memorized any of the stages, though it's certainly not my first time through them.

Edited by ApexAzimuth