DiRT Rally 2.0 - New Player Guide Read more... ×

Is this the final version of the game?

Is there nothing left to fix in this game?

The strength ratio of the teams, for example. I don't see Haas as the fourth grid force.

• Agree 2

There will be some updates incoming at least 🙂 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Disagree 1

Dont worry there is for sure something left to fix in game. So i highly hope some updates will come.

Im not talking about SC.... it talking about that the game is "working" finally

• Haha 1
  • Agree 1
  • Disagree 1

Hi @BestOenning79,

As @smudger1982 added onto this thread, please see the post for the plans for the January update this is coming next. However, this is not our last patch on F1 2019 and we are continuing to support the game for longer than we have with previous titles.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Agree 3

Yeah, I can see some really cool liveries coming for the start of the Australian GP at least, which to me is still cool, as hey, making money however small, is still the design of a business.  Looking forward to the January patch for sure. 

• Agree 1

10 hours ago, FOneFanatic said:

Yeah, I can see some really cool liveries coming for the start of the Australian GP at least, which to me is still cool, as hey, making money however small, is still the design of a business.  Looking forward to the January patch for sure. 

There won't be patches once the F1 2020 season starts that's for sure. But then the hype train for the next release will begin.

• Agree 2

On 1/9/2020 at 9:16 AM, steviejay69 said:

There won't be patches once the F1 2020 season starts that's for sure. But then the hype train for the next release will begin.

By now they've already shifted focus to this year's release, with two new tracks and all. Any updates beyond January will be livery updates for the Australian GP, if natural conditions extant in that region allow. 

Edited by FOneFanatic

54 minutes ago, FOneFanatic said:

By now they've already shifted focus to this year's release, with two new tracks and all. Any updates beyond January will be livery updates for the Australian GP, if natural conditions extant in that region allow. 

Why would they give F1 2019 2020 car livery updates? Plus, the cars aren't exactly the same.

Yeah, they have never brought livery update for a new season for the old game. You could mod the new liveries onto the cars on PC in previous titles.

There is only one livery patch after release and that is always 2-3 months post-release but never have there been more livery updates for a title😅

Barry admitted that they will provide updates for a longer period than previous editions. This could be for several reasons:

* New consoles coming up. f1 2020 will be rebuild to match the new specs.

* Cloud gaming. Google stadia, xcloud. f1 2020 will be available in the cloud.

* With the new tracks (zandvoort, Vietnam) they need more time. They decided to laserscann all the tracks.

* With extending their f1 contract they decided to start all over again and make a new version that can be copy/paste the next 5 years.

* They are fixing all the issues that have been mentioned in this forum. Next release is f1 2025.

1 hour ago, aartstyle said:

* With the new tracks (zandvoort, Vietnam) they need more time. They decided to laserscann all the tracks.

* With extending their f1 contract they decided to start all over again and make a new version that can be copy/paste the next 5 years.

* They are fixing all the issues that have been mentioned in this forum. Next release is f1 2025.

dreams. 😄

• Agree 1

On 1/13/2020 at 12:00 PM, aartstyle said:

Barry admitted that they will provide updates for a longer period than previous editions. This could be for several reasons:

* New consoles coming up. f1 2020 will be rebuild to match the new specs.

* Cloud gaming. Google stadia, xcloud. f1 2020 will be available in the cloud.

Actually, I do see the F1 2019 title being extended to support F1 2020 with DLC, with the new consoles then a regualtion change it makes sense to develop the game for new consoles for F1 2021 in a two year development cycle to tie in with the new regulation change.

I don't know why but it seems complete common sense to release an eSports patch to F1 2019 then a livery update for F1 2020 to go with the Pro Series.

I rethought my previous post. All the 'we're going to support F1 2019 for longer than ever before' makes sense especially seeing as F1 2014 & F1 2015 are without doubt the two worst titles in the series because they messed the next gen consoles up last time.

• Agree 5