Sign in to follow this  

BTCC discussion

fIsince08 said:
Hughesy said:
Very strange as I didn't change anything.......

It's funny watching racing live, you don't see the cars for that long yet it's so exciting. The noise and smell really add to it. When I got home and watched the F1 race, not just because I was pretty much dead, but because it felt so boring compared to watching racing live. I really want to go watch another race live soon
I agree. At Croft the smell was awesome and I came home covered in rubber and gravel dust. And sunburn :p 
Haha Dave and I had to seek out the sun. When we got there it was blazing hot, once we got in the stand it was cold and windy. We left our coats in the car as it was hot when we got out. We then looked for stalls selling jumpers or coats, but couldn't find any. We did find a sunny place and my face got sunburnt lol.

We actually found a stall whilst walking out of the circuit, it was actually near where we came in, but was the opposite way we went when coming in. At that point we didn't need them so didn't bother :joy: 

Hughesy said:
fIsince08 said:
Hughesy said:

It's funny watching racing live, you don't see the cars for that long yet it's so exciting. The noise and smell really add to it. When I got home and watched the F1 race, not just because I was pretty much dead, but because it felt so boring compared to watching racing live. I really want to go watch another race live soon
I agree. At Croft the smell was awesome and I came home covered in rubber and gravel dust. And sunburn :p 
Haha Dave and I had to seek out the sun. When we got there it was blazing hot, once we got in the stand it was cold and windy. We left our coats in the car as it was hot when we got out. We then looked for stalls selling jumpers or coats, but couldn't find any. We did find a sunny place and my face got sunburnt lol.

We actually found a stall whilst walking out of the circuit, it was actually near where we came in, but was the opposite way we went when coming in. At that point we didn't need them so didn't bother :joy: 
Sunny hill at Croft doesn't half catch the wind, I always stay away from there :p 

Hughesy said:
fIsince08 said:
Hughesy said:

That sucked so much about the merch stands lol. I noticed on the way home though that your face was a little red, then I got in and when I looked in a mirror I noticed sunburn too :p 

Just checked the 4K vid, PB has completely murdered it, it looks more like 480 than 4K. I'll upload it to YT instead later and hope that doesn't butcher it in the same way.

I found that when I went to the WEC at Silverstone in April I caught the sun. You kind of forget how long you can actually be out in the sun for at a motorsport event. 

So the scene is set! Gordon Shedden leads the championship by 12 points heading into the final race of the year, Shedden will start nineteenth on the grid after having problems in race two, whilst the reverse grid puts Plato in second.

PLOT TWIST: Matt Neal starts from pole, and a DNF for Plato would hand the title to the other Honda...

Also, Aaron Smith has probably got himself the sack.

Juice29 said:
Why does it look like every single car LET Gorden Sheddon through?
Indeed, they all hate Plato it seems.....  :(

fIsince08 said:
Well done Gordon Shedden on bribing everyone to move out of your way.
And you call yourself a motorsport journalist... In that case then, well done Vettel on your 2012 championship, the one where both Toro Rosso drivers and Schumi all let you go by for the positions needed.

fIsince08 said:
And you call yourself a motorsport journalist... In that case then, well done Vettel on your 2012 championship, the one where both Toro Rosso drivers and Schumi all let you go by for the positions needed.
I don't need to be neutral on BTCC  ;)
https://twitter.com/tonyyeb/status/653256816604913664?lang=en-gb

fIsince08 said:
So the scene is set! Gordon Shedden leads the championship by 12 points heading into the final race of the year, Shedden will start nineteenth on the grid after having problems in race two, whilst the reverse grid puts Plato in second.

PLOT TWIST: Matt Neal starts from pole, and a DNF for Plato would hand the title to the other Honda...

Why, what did he do?

Hughesy said:
fIsince08 said:

Why, what did he do?
Not move out of the way of Plato and Turkington.

fIsince08 said:
fIsince08 said:
Fair enough, but I still don't see what the problem is. Clearly Shedden hasn't bribed other drivers, that would be against sporting regs, maybe it's just the fact that some of the other drivers like him and wanted to see him win the championship again? And it certainly wasn't 'all' drivers that let him pass, in most cases it was that he was just faster, and had no ballast in comparison to heavier cars ahead of him. Even the commentators mentioned that.

fIsince08 said:
fIsince08 said:
Fair enough, but I still don't see what the problem is. Clearly Shedden hasn't bribed other drivers, that would be against sporting regs, maybe it's just the fact that some of the other drivers like him and wanted to see him win the championship again? And it certainly wasn't 'all' drivers that let him pass, in most cases it was that he was just faster, and had no ballast in comparison to heavier cars ahead of him. Even the commentators mentioned that.
I said bribing slightly tongue in cheek, but motor racing shouldn't be decided on friendship but on pure racing. Plus there is the fact that Plato has lost so many points through no fault of his own. Granted, Shedden lost some points in race 2 but it wouldn't have been a victory's worth.

Plus Plato had more wins.

If that was the case and it wasn't decided on friendship then there's a good chance Alonso would have been 2012 WDC. Hypothetical situation: If @Hughesy and I were racing drivers in the same series and I were the driver ahead of him in a race where he only needed one more position to win a championship, I'd move over and let him through, even if driving for a different team. It's the way things are, nothing is gonna change that.

Plato has done plenty of things to lose points by his own fault. And it's the same for Shedden, no point in just pointing out Shedden's race 2 incident and not actually mentioning anything else that's happened in the season. I'm guessing you're more of a Plato fan than Shedden right?

If that was the case and it wasn't decided on friendship then there's a good chance Alonso would have been 2012 WDC. Hypothetical situation: If @Hughesy and I were racing drivers in the same series and I were the driver ahead of him in a race where he only needed one more position to win a championship, I'd move over and let him through, even if driving for a different team. It's the way things are, nothing is gonna change that.

Plato has done plenty of things to lose points by his own fault. And it's the same for Shedden, no point in just pointing out Shedden's race 2 incident and not actually mentioning anything else that's happened in the season. I'm guessing you're more of a Plato fan than Shedden right?
Yes, but it would also be true to say that I can't remember any other Shedden incidents :p 

Swap it the other way around and I wouldn't   :p

Hughesy said:

You'd be driving an automatic, so I'd be too far ahead to let you by anyway ;)

Hughesy said:

Yet in all racing games you use auto and I use manual, and you cheat by using assists :p . Don't BTCC use semi auto anyway, so your point has failed :joy: 

Hughesy said:
Hughesy said:

Yet in all racing games you use auto and I use manual, and you cheat by using assists :p . Don't BTCC use semi auto anyway, so your point has failed :joy: 
And I still win ;) I'm talking about real life dude lol.