Sign in to follow this  

BTCC discussion

Hughesy said:
Hughesy said:
If that was the case and it wasn't decided on friendship then there's a good chance Alonso would have been 2012 WDC. Hypothetical situation: If @Hughesy and I were racing drivers in the same series and I were the driver ahead of him in a race where he only needed one more position to win a championship, I'd move over and let him through, even if driving for a different team. It's the way things are, nothing is gonna change that.

Plato has done plenty of things to lose points by his own fault. And it's the same for Shedden, no point in just pointing out Shedden's race 2 incident and not actually mentioning anything else that's happened in the season. I'm guessing you're more of a Plato fan than Shedden right?
Swap it the other way around and I wouldn't   :p
You'd be driving an automatic, so I'd be too far ahead to let you by anyway ;)
Yet in all racing games you use auto and I use manual, and you cheat by using assists :p . Don't BTCC use semi auto anyway, so your point has failed :joy: 
And I still win ;) I'm talking about real life dude lol. 
In a game though they help not slow you down. And I was on about real life, they don't use a clutch ;) There's only one way to settle it ingame, race me on Pcars using no assists including auto gears :p

I thought the general consensus was that assists make someone a slower driver? :p Not exactly a fair way to settle it though, you had Pcars for what, 2 years longer than anybody here? Trying to pick a game where you have a clear advantage? ;)

Not really. The release Pcars physics are very different from the development builds. Every week it felt different so no I don't have an advantage. Somebody is backing down and doubting himself/ making racing excuses :p You know full well assists help rather than hinder, take ABS, that allows you to brake later and harder. They were invented to make cars easier to drive and allow you to go faster.

Hughesy said:
Not really. The release Pcars physics are very different from the development builds. Every week it felt different so no I don't have an advantage. Somebody is backing down and doubting himself/ making racing excuses :p You know full well assists help rather than hinder, take ABS, that allows you to brake later and harder. They were invented to make cars easier to drive and allow you to go faster.
Make it F1 2015 where we've both had the same starting point and I'd do it :p Not on Pcars though, you can say it's changed often but the fact remains you had a massive head start on that to me.

Hughesy said:
Make it F1 2015 where we've both had the same starting point and I'd do it :p Not on Pcars though, you can say it's changed often but the fact remains you had a massive head start on that to me.

You know very well that I'm slow playing the F1 games as the physics feel so off. You started this, so back it up ;) https://youtu.be/UhEQ1E8XPp4

The physics feel pretty good to me ;) You're used to the physics on Pcars, I'm not, I'm used to the physics on F1, you're not... It's a shame we can't have a death race on Mad Max to settle this :p 

Neutral game... Assetto Corsa. I'll beat you both ;)... if I dare to play it again after it fried my last GPU.

Platy said:
Neutral game... Assetto Corsa. I'll beat you both ;)... if I dare to play it again after it fried my last GPU.
Lol, I think I haven't played Assetto Corsa since December last year :p It was good, but I still preferred rFactor over it.

Platy said:
Platy said:
Lol, I think I haven't played Assetto Corsa since December last year :p It was good, but I still preferred rFactor over it.
I accept your challenge! Mind you it'll be like Rosberg beating Hamilton, it's not going to happen :joy: I'll beat Dave though  o:) AC is much better than Rfactor and even supports mods. It has the best physics and FFB, I've only ever done hot laps in it, but really that's what I enjoy doing.

The physics feel pretty good to me ;) You're used to the physics on Pcars, I'm not, I'm used to the physics on F1, you're not... It's a shame we can't have a death race on Mad Max to settle this :p 
How can I not be used to the physics in F1? I've played every game, and probably more than you ;) If the FFB was actually good then I'd be a lot quicker and enjoy the driving more.

fIsince08 said:
Back on topic please guys, this isn't the game thread ;)
Season is over, stop getting your knickers in a twist :p

https://twitter.com/samtordoff/status/654407848923918336?lang=en-gb
https://twitter.com/samtordoff/status/654708206569000960?lang=en-gb
https://twitter.com/jasonplato/status/654716398359306241?lang=en-gb
https://twitter.com/samtordoff/status/654719064141512704?lang=en-gb

It's all kicking off!

Don't want to take anything away from Shedden as I felt he was a more than deserving champion, but almost every car letting him through in the last race was a bit of an anti climax. Jordan indicated, cole, Tordoff, Priaulx all moved out of the way, Morgan didn't move out of the way but didn't defend his position in the slightest. Collard put up half a fight but Shedden was too quick, Goff was the only one who really looked like he wanted to keep his position. As I say though, one race doesn't make a season, Shedden was the better driver almost all year long.

2016 sporting rules are confirmed, with the race 2 grid reverting to being decided by race 1 order. I'm a bit disappointed by that. :(

fIsince08 said:
Andrew Jordan and Mat Jackson have been confirmed at Motorbase, what a team that will be!
Absolutely fantastic bit of news. I really like Jordan and I'm keen to see him doing well again, fingers crossed the Focus proves reliable in 2016!

TBL List for 2015:
  • AmD Tuning: 2
  • Dextra Racing: 1
  • Eurotech Racing: 2
  • Rob Austin Racing: 2
  • Handy Motorsport: 1
  • Honda Yuasa Racing: 3 (One additional one granted on loan)
  • Houseman Racing: 1
  • Laser Tools Racing: 1
  • 888 Race Engineering: 2
  • Motorbase Performance: 2
  • Power Maxed Racing: 2
  • Team HARD: 1
  • Speedworks Motorsport: 2 (One additional purchased)
  • Support our Paras Racing: 1 (Granted on loan, one down on last season)
  • Team BMR: 4
  • WSR: 3
  • Welch Motorsport: 1 (Down on one from last season)
  • WIX Racing: 1

Team BMR have announced they will be running a new car in 2016...

...they will be using the Subaru Levorg Tourer:

http://www.btcc.net/2016/01/12/subaru-enter-btcc-with-team-bmr/

Really didn't see that coming! Not entirely sure on the choice of platform, the estate really didn't work out well for Honda lets hope its a more inspired choice here. Great to read they will be utilizing the boxer engine though: hope that means there will be some Subaru burble!

Think I'm going to buy my ticket for Silverstone next week.  :D Was thinking about going to watch F1 until I looked at the prices  :o

Can't wait for the season to start! I'm most pleased to see the Halfords / Honda partnership return to be quite honest! I remember going to Brands Hatch and Silverstone in 2004 and 2006 and watching them blast around the track, amazing.