Sign in to follow this  

BTCC discussion

I was looking forward to having the Halfords Honda colours back on the grid, the Integra they used to run in those colours (and this goes for the Civic EP3 they ran in 2004 as well) is one of my favourite touring cars ever. But I could not be more disappointed in what this years Honda looks like. The livery is so bland, just a load of solid black block shapes on the car. No imagination or creativity at all, and also lacking in sponsors massively. Much preferred the red/white from recent seasons. Definitely doesn't look like a factory effort, looks quite amateur to be honest.

@MBKF1 I finally found it! About half a year after we were talking about it I found the video of the last lap of the 2004 Brands Hatch race!
https://www.reddit.com/r/btcc/comments/4jg5oo/throwback_to_2004_last_lap_shootout_at_brands/

YEEEAAH! Amazing find, thank you, I've been wanting to watch that again for ages!

The grid then was tiny compared to today, only 20 cars in the race, and 8 of them retired so only 12 cars at the end!

Same! We gonna hit up Silverstone again this year then bud? Cos if we are then I'll order my ticket on the 22nd when I get paid next :)

Nice to see a Subaru win. Yea bud defiantly, I meant to order a ticket a while back but forgot, so I'll do the same :D

I was gonna do the same but forgot too lol. I'll let you know once I've ordered mine :)

Unfortunately I wasn't paying too much attention to the first race :p Was still sorting out Firefox and trying to keep an eye on the MotoGP build up too :p

Just watching Sunday Btcc 05/06/2016 great entertainment as always .. So much better than f1 . Then I remembered how good the two years of games toca Btcc years ago on ps2 ? Why haven't we had an upto date Xbox or ps4 version ? Anybody want to play it ? I know I do !! Come on codemasters it would sell well I'm sure . Marky w 

Hughesy said:
Tickets bought for Silverstone  :D                 
I'll be cheering for the Honda's again :p I ain't gonna try to buy a Honda jacket this time though!

Lol, I don't think we even found a store selling stuff last time, you'd probably pay a lot more buying it at the circuit. 

I was gonna go to Silverstone but it's the day before I start at uni so it would have been too tight. Such a shame, but hopefully next year!

Screw Uni, going to Silverstone is obviously much more important  :p It's going to be Dave and I, and maybe Luke if he's still up for coming.

there were two big crashes today at Snettertton,  race 2 at the back straghit and race 3 on the start straghit both crashes had red flags 

there were two big crashes today at Snettertton,  race 2 at the back straghit and race 3 on the start straghit both crashes had red flags 
That race 3 incident was nuts, one very lucky cameraman to escape without injury.

Sad news guys, Jack Sears (the first BTCC champion and double champion) has died aged 86 :(

Exactly 4 weeks from now,  @RevolvingPrawn and I will be at Silverstone  :D