Sign in to follow this  

BTCC discussion

Mexi, I'm planning on going to Silverstone for the BTCC in September. If you happen to be down there then we should go for a cheeky pint.

time for Oulton Park this weekend, hopefully we get a race weekend without a red flag this year

Why? Red flags are the only bit of excitement you get at Oulton.

MBKF1 said:

Mexi, I'm planning on going to Silverstone for the BTCC in September. If you happen to be down there then we should go for a cheeky pint.

@Hughesy and I will be too, don't forget us!

MBKF1 said:

@Hughesy and I will be too, don't forget us!

Ah yes, of course! Will definitely try my best to go, would be brill to meet up.

That was horrific, only found out today. Luke in particular has bad injuries, so I'm hoping for a good recovery. Driving in the wet is tricky enough, driving in the wet with oil on the track is impossible, especially in the fastest section.

Pretty unbelievable footage from the practise, can't believe the red flag didn't come out sooner. 

Aron is targeting the snetterton races after the summer break but the other 2 drivers Jeff Smith and Luke Davenport we have no idea of when these 2 will return to the track meaning who if required are the stand  by drivers for after the summer break (it also affects Jeff mini racing as well)

How is the BTCC community? I haven't heard form here in a while. Snetterton was awesome! I'm glad my favorite team BMR Subaru could score two wins. Ash Sutton is awesome. He took both wins with high ballast. The top of the championship is super tight. The next few rounds are going to be awesome.

Well me and @RevolvingPrawn are going to Silverstone together for the 3rd year in a row. Really looking forward to it. Sutton has been amazing this year hasn't he, especially considering how Plato has done in the same car.

Hughesy said:
Well me and @RevolvingPrawn are going to Silverstone together for the 3rd year in a row. Really looking forward to it. Sutton has been amazing this year hasn't he, especially considering how Plato has done in the same car.
Awesome! I wish I could go to a BTCC weekend. The cars are so cool and they sound so good.

Hughesy said:
Nice one, I'm hoping to go to it as well this year. I'll let you know if I do, hopefully could have a meet up!

I actually had someone message me saying it was bad for their image. Like come on it was just a light hearted gesture, I've seen a lot worse from racing drivers, there always has to be one taking it the wrong way though...

https://twitter.com/clewsyworld/status/896764016319746048

Hughesy said:
I actually had someone message me saying it was bad for their image. Like come on it was just a light hearted gesture, I've seen a lot worse from racing drivers, there always has to be one taking it the wrong way though...

I'm a Plato fan anyway, but I'd be more inclined to support a driver if they did that tbh, love a bit of a cheeky personality!

Exactly, he was only having a laugh, he said as much when he came back. Some people are too serious.

Hughesy said:

HAHAHAHAHAHA! He probably hugs trees.

Plato is an entertaining driver, but a lot of rubbish has come out of his mouth over the years! As brilliant as it is to seeing them winning, I do wonder if they need to restrain the Subaru's a bit. Really hope that Sutton can take the Championship this year.  

Gutted to see Jordan having another bad weekend. I really hoped he would be at the sharp end in the BMW this year. 

Best bit of Knockhill was the Newsham move on the final corner: absolutely brilliant bit of driving!

tbtstt said:
Plato is an entertaining driver, but a lot of rubbish has come out of his mouth over the years! As brilliant as it is to seeing them winning, I do wonder if they need to restrain the Subaru's a bit. Really hope that Sutton can take the Championship this year.  

Gutted to see Jordan having another bad weekend. I really hoped he would be at the sharp end in the BMW this year. 

Best bit of Knockhill was the Newsham move on the final corner: absolutely brilliant bit of driving!
They already have restrained the Subarus a little. The start of the season was tough but right now they have a really good car and Sutton is a really good driver.