Sign in to follow this  

BTCC discussion

That guy on Twitter is still arguing with me, but then back up arrives in the form of BTCC driver Mike Epps who agrees with me  B)

https://twitter.com/eppsracer/status/897111729309720576

Hughesy said:
Just bought my ticket for Silverstone  :D.    
NICE!!! KnockHill was so good! This championship is going down to the wire. I'm so glad that Jason, Ash and James got really good results. Subaru is coming on strong and I really like that. I can't wait for Rockingham. The BTCC makes me want to live in the UK.

Hughesy said:
Sexy
https://twitter.com/dunlopbtcc/status/901751250013827074
Super sexy! That will be quite interesting to see how they do on their return.

Rounds 22, 23 and 24 at Rockingham was really good. Awesome that Subaru pulled out two wins. I'm hoping that Sutton and Subaru can pull off the championship, that would be great! I loved how Plato at the end of the race told everybody that the BMW guys were complaining that their cars weren't as good as Subaru. I think the the officials or what ever should give BMR back their straight line speed again. Subaru are doing the best job with their car right now so they should be able to show that.

Just 8 more days and we'll be at Silverstone. The last two years have been dry, so I made expecting rain this time :joy:

if you was planing to see Tom Chliton this weekend he had to miss this upcoming round due to doctor orders but instead you see for just this round Rob Huff in the power maxed racing car

@Hughesy @RevolvingPrawn Sorry chaps, I won't be there this weekend. My Nan's got a special birthday this weekend and we've got a meal booked up for Sunday. Maybe next year... :( Have fun though!

So hyped for tomorrow, the only thing I'm not excited about is getting up at 4:30am. It's hard to go to sleep early, especially when you're excited. 

4.30am, blimey. If I was going I'd be able to leave my house at 10.00am and still get there well in time for the first BTCC race :p

BTCC was awesome, I'll put some pictures up later. :D  I forgot my coat so was cold, but they had some F1 gear so I bought a McLaren hoody, it's black and very understated with some orange, no sign of Honda on it which is good :joy:

Think that might have been our best trip yet right? I'm still unhappy about Sutton's punishment for the race 2 move though, and even more so now after having seen the footage of it. So glad Turkington crashed in race 3 :D The looks we got for cheering that were worth it!

It was, the only annoying thing was we couldn't sit in the stand we wanted to, as you needed certain tickets which you haven't needed the last few years. 

Picture overload, one is Plato having a pint and a cigarette  after a crash which was hilarious 

Looks fantastic! That first picture you posted of Plato - I was standing on that very balcony above him when I went there for the F1!

I was also so annoyed when Sutton got that penalty. Totally unfair I thought. There's been rubbing and dodgy overtakes in the BTCC forever, it's part of its DNA, such a shame he was punished for it. And I was very happy when Turkington ended up having a rubbish race 3!

Glad to see Ingram and Goff both have great weekends, as they're both from my home town! It's such a shame Ingram had a couple of really poor weekends mid-season, otherwise he would've been right in the championship hunt. But definitely rooting for Sutton to win the title.

I was so mad when Sutton got that penalty. The move was totally fare and Plus Turkington just kept on closing the door. Rounds 28, 29 and 30 will be an awesome end to the season and I hope that Sutton and that Subaru can take it all the way!

We had a great view of the move, it looked totally fine, especially with the way Turkington was driving. He is by far the worst cry baby in BTCC. When he crashed in race three us three went mental celebrating, you could feel the eyes staring at us as everyone seemed to be a Turkington fan, but we didn’t care.

That's awesome! I hope that one day I will be able to go to a BTCC race. It's a very cool series and better then the WTCC I think.

That's awesome! I hope that one day I will be able to go to a BTCC race. It's a very cool series and better then the WTCC I think.
It's so much better than the WTCC! I've tried watching it but it's just no way near as compelling as the BTCC is. Also helps that BTCC races on classic short and narrow circuits rather than wide, open and long circuits that WTCC likes to use. Helps keep the racing close.

What I also love about the BTCC is how many competitors there are. 32 is a lot and that's so awesome because you have battles up and down the field. It's nice that some Motorsports make it easier then others to get involved.