Sign in to follow this  

BTCC discussion

Yeah, compare that to the WTCC grid of about 16 drivers (literally half of BTCC)!

Love BTCC <3

There was a time BTCC almost died, but it’s never been better than it currently is, F1 would kill to have this many drivers and manufacturers. Next year we are doing two races, Thruxton and Silverstone  :)

Nice one! This is something interesting I only found out pretty recently. My mum is friendly with one of Tom Ingram's main sponsors (you often see her in the garage on the TV when he wins). Anyway, she told mum that if we ever want to go to a BTCC meeting then let her know and she'll get us in the garage to watch the races with them! Hoping to maybe go to Brands Hatch at the start of 2018 and do that!

Sutton was on for pole, but made a mistake, 3rd is still a great starting position though.

Bloody gutted, I'm gonna miss the final 2 races tomorrow... :( Got everything crossed for Sutton, go on boi!

Just a heads up for tommorow, we are down to 30 cars as Will Burns and Rob Collard will miss the races, rob did try but was forced to withdrawn after fp2 

So that'll be a penalty for Simpson then? For holding his line when Turkington oversteered into him. WSR will surely lobby the stewards that Simpson's car should have been 2 feet further to the right so that Turkington wouldn't have lost places.

He won't get a penalty, Turkington never bloody does.

Thanks Murray though, I was hoping he'd put Turkington back to 10th with full ballast. Now we just need some slightly soggy conditions.

You’re probably right, but that move was worse than what Sutton did at Silverstone 

Where’s is he starting? I missed the draw as I was playing fetch with my dogs lol.

Hughesy said:
You’re probably right, but that move was worse than what Sutton did at Silverstone 

Where’s is he starting? I missed the draw as I was playing fetch with my dogs lol.
It was definitely worse, but it seems like people think Turkington is the cleanest driver on track when he's actually very good at making dirty moves look clean. He won't get the penalty he deserves.

Starting 10th with Sutton in 12th. Full ballast for Turkington and no ballast for Sutton.

Edit: £500 fine and 3 points on his licence. Pathetic.

So he basically got away with it unlike Sutton.

Just got to hope Sutton has a good start and doesn’t struggle like he did in race two.

GET IN!!!                                                            

So I’ve only just started watching race 3 as my Bro was round. But I am buzzing right now. Haha you prick Turkington, you deserved that you cheating ****

That was his comeuppance for ramming Moffat in race 2 :D It's not always great to see a championship ended that way, but when somebody is a whiny sneak it doesn't make me that sad.

It did ruin the race, but Turkington going out like that was glorious. BTCC really is in amazing shape, it puts F1 to shame imo.

You can kind of compare Sutton to Hamilton, comes into the sport and ruffles feathers, then wins the championship in his second year. 

Hughesy said:
You can kind of compare Sutton to Hamilton, comes into the sport and ruffles feathers, then wins the championship in his second year. 
And he's dragged a dog of a car to the top like Alonso.

YES! I'm so glad how the championship ended. Sutton deserved to take it all. I don't even care what happened to Turkington, he so got what was coming to him, that's what you get for choosing wrong Turkington. Sutton put in a master class season. Glad that Subaru and Sutton could take the championship. This is Subaru's and Sutton's second season and they both took the championship together. RIGHT ON!

Bit belated, but a few pictures from Brands Hatch...

...handful more here:

https://www.flickr.com/photos/22961613@N06/albums/72157686907557871

If anyone is interested!