Sign in to follow this  

BTCC discussion

That was AWESOME! Apparently we were on TV queueing for autographs (or some of us were, we got separated). So much happened, and the noise is probably better than F1!

I'll just post this for now, because I've gotta go to work in a few mins, but here's a nice photograph for you all. If you need a justification to get out to Snetterton/wherever, this may help!

That was great! @Tommig1995 I don't suppose you were the photographer who asked to move in front of me at turn 1 were you?

fIsince08 said:
That was great! @Tommig1995 I don't suppose you were the photographer who asked to move in front of me at turn 1 were you?
No, I don't think I asked anyone to move, we were just off the chicane for R1, in the infield for 2 and at Sunny for 3.

fIsince08 said:
No, I don't think I asked anyone to move, we were just off the chicane for R1, in the infield for 2 and at Sunny for 3.
Ah I was at T1/2 all the time.

fIsince08 said:
fIsince08 said:
Were you in the stand? Else we probably walked right by you...

fIsince08 said:
fIsince08 said:
Were you in the stand? Else we probably walked right by you...
No, I was standing/sitting. Were you on the spectator side of the fence or the track side?

Spectator, we're not official media... (yet ;) )
Ah Ok, I was wondering if you were the fat photographer in front of me on the other side of the fence. :p

Mind you, he didn't half move quick when a Ginetta came plummeting backwards into the barrier in the last race :p

fIsince08 said:
Ah Ok, I was wondering if you were the fat photographer in front of me on the other side of the fence. :p

Mind you, he didn't half move quick when a Ginetta came plummeting backwards into the barrier in the last race :p
Wow! We basically stood right by you then. We were waiting there for our lift home when that happened

fIsince08 said:

Wow! We basically stood right by you then. We were waiting there for our lift home when that happened
Nah, I moved to the top of the banking for that race :p

fIsince08 said:
Did anyone actually find out what caused the lights to stick on for the first race?
I don't know, but if was funny watching it on the TV :p All the cars revving their engines for 20+ seconds and the lights are just stuck on red haha

I'm kind of annoyed that nobody else picked up on Turkington jumping the start of race 2. He was already moving by the time the lights went out. 

I'm kind of annoyed that nobody else picked up on Turkington jumping the start of race 2. He was already moving by the time the lights went out. 
I just had a look at it again, and maybe he didn't get penalised because he didn't cross the grid line before the lights turned off, like Vettel in Suzuka 2010.

I didn't see it but most of them are 'creeping' before the lights go out anyway. 

@RevolvingPrawn You do realise the TV lights graphic is delayed anyway, right?

@PeteTheDuck

I didn't find the start funny, I found it disappointing :p

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8jEQCD-OxtA&feature=youtu.be

Delayed or not Chris, Turkington shot off the line before any of the other cars were even moving. 
Well I haven't seen the start properly yet, but is that not something to do with rear wheel drive?

fIsince08 said:
Delayed or not Chris, Turkington shot off the line before any of the other cars were even moving. 
Well I haven't seen the start properly yet, but is that not something to do with rear wheel drive?
RWD cars do get a better getaway but Dave means Turkington started while the others didn't move at all.

fIsince08 said:

@PeteTheDuck

Is that your vid, Chirs? If so, I might just have found you in one of my photos! :D

fIsince08 said:

@PeteTheDuck

Is that your vid, Chirs? If so, I might just have found you in one of my photos! :D
Does he look like Ted Kravitz's hidden child? If so, it's him :P