Sign in to follow this  

BTCC discussion

damn you saying the nineties makes me look old now lol
There is no shame in remembering when the grids were full of awesome! I wonder if younger BTCC fans will be fondly talking about 1 series BMW's in 20 years time? 

good point man! I remember the mazda xedos (maybe wrong spelling) being a nice looking car too, probably the paint job, purple and yellow if I remember, with nice yellow wheels. don't think it was fastest but damn it looked good at the time

fIsince08 said:
Tordoff has signed for WSR, presumably in place of Foster.
With Ebay pulling out apparently Turkington is not definitely keeping his drive

APR193 said:
fIsince08 said:
Oh I didn't know ebay were withdrawing!

fIsince08 said:
APR193 said:
fIsince08 said:
Oh I didn't know ebay were withdrawing!
Ebay pulled out a few days ago, Turkington has said since then he's had to think of other options just in case. I'm guessing it would be due to the team needing to get/keep someone who brings in more cash. Plato is rumoured to be joining the team as well, he's definitely not with MG anymore

There were rumours WSR would be ditching the BMW and running a brand new Mini but as Tordoff tested the BMW I don't see that happening

First bit of BTCC news in 2015 and its quite significant...

http://news.motorsportvision.co.uk/former-btcc-champ-jordan-switches-to-mg.aspx

...interesting move. I hope the MG provides a decent platform for Jordan, would be great to see him lift the title again. 

(Off topic, but I also hope we see Jordan back in a rallycross car again in 2015!)

That might just have saved Depper's career. I wonder where Plato and Turkington are going to be.

Whole host of liveries revealed so far today. Looks like Andy Priaulx is going to be announced at WSR at 11:30

Embedded image permalink

httpspbstwimgcommediaB60fda_CQAA5BxIjpg

Embedded image permalink

Embedded image permalink

Yes indeed...

...shame he can't make all the rounds as that is surely going to ruin his chance of taking the title, irrespective I'm already getting seriously excited for this years Championship!

Trading off on whether to go to BTCC at Croft again or FE in London this year, they're on the same weekend. Half of us can't do Oulton Park, and Donnington & Knockhill are simply too far... :( Croft or Nothing...

Trading off on whether to go to BTCC at Croft again or FE in London this year, they're on the same weekend. Half of us can't do Oulton Park, and Donnington & Knockhill are simply too far... :( Croft or Nothing...
I would say BTCC in a heartbeat!

Honda say the Autosport show may be the last time we'll see the Tourer ever.. I guess it's going to happen, they're going to use the new Type-R for 2015.  

mike96 said:
Honda say the Autosport show may be the last time we'll see the Tourer ever.. I guess it's going to happen, they're going to use the new Type-R for 2015.  
Matt Neal said yesterday that they won't be using the Tourer this season

Platy said:
Shame they're stuck using the National circuit at Silverstone.
I think.its better.using the national circuit the international/gp layouts have much longer straights be a nightmare for the teams/drivers/cars which are down on power

Juice29 said:
Platy said:
Shame they're stuck using the National circuit at Silverstone.
I think.its better.using the national circuit the international/gp layouts have much longer straights be a nightmare for the teams/drivers/cars which are down on power
Hangar Straight is only about 150m longer than the Wellington Straight. The International layout is so much more interesting imo.

With the exception of the Rockingham oval, the national circuit is almost England's NASCAR track!