Sign in to follow this  

BTCC discussion

Platy said:
Juice29 said:
Platy said:
Shame they're stuck using the National circuit at Silverstone.
I think.its better.using the national circuit the international/gp layouts have much longer straights be a nightmare for the teams/drivers/cars which are down on power
Hangar Straight is only about 150m longer than the Wellington Straight. The International layout is so much more interesting imo.
The corner leading on to hanger straight on the international circuit is taken faster than the corner leading on to Wellington on the.national

Juice29 said:
Platy said:
Juice29 said:
Platy said:
Shame they're stuck using the National circuit at Silverstone.
I think.its better.using the national circuit the international/gp layouts have much longer straights be a nightmare for the teams/drivers/cars which are down on power
Hangar Straight is only about 150m longer than the Wellington Straight. The International layout is so much more interesting imo.
The corner leading on to hanger straight on the international circuit is taken faster than the corner leading on to Wellington on the.national
There's not much different, plus with engine restrictions there's hardly any difference in power. They used to race at Snetterton which had longer straights.

I expect its really a cost and spectator thing. Plus a shorter track equals more laps which should equal more excitement.

https://twitter.com/AmDessex/status/556048319576018944

Really hope its a full on BTCC game

WSR complete their line up with Collard: http://www.btcc.net/2015/02/13/rob-collard-completes-impressive-wsr-line-up/

It'll be interesting to see where Plato and Turkington end up now. Motorbase?

fIsince08 said:
WSR complete their line up with Collard: http://www.btcc.net/2015/02/13/rob-collard-completes-impressive-wsr-line-up/

It'll be interesting to see where Plato and Turkington end up now. Motorbase?
Driving a slower car than they both did last year? 

I don't think it matters what Plato drives, he'll still be able to drag whatever it is to 1st place :)

As for Turkington, maybe another sport entirely. Snooker would be preferable, his lack of personality wouldn't be so noticeable, and if he hit a bumper it wouldn't result in a penalty for his competitor.

fIsince08 said:
Well well well! Plato and Turkington sign for BMR!
Heard some rumours that they were going to be on the same team, but didn't believe it until I saw the press release. Brilliant bit of news, the various driver/team changes have really ramped up my interest in the 2015 BTCC season; I was looking forward to it, but now I can't wait for Brands!

I hope Plato and Turkington improve their relationship from last year or there could be some very awkward moments in the paddock! :D

Hamilton gets a BTCC drive: http://downforce-radio.co.uk/nicolas-hamilton-gets-btcc-deal-for-2015/

fIsince08 said:
Hamilton gets a BTCC drive: http://downforce-radio.co.uk/nicolas-hamilton-gets-btcc-deal-for-2015/
I initially assumed Lewis for a moment, but then realised of course, Nic races too :p 

But good for him! Will be interesting to see how he gets on this year.

Platy said:
When does the season start?
First round is April 4th/5th at Brands Hatch. Hopefully I shall be there!

mike96 said:
It's official, Honda will race with the new type-r!

Looks.soo much better than their car from.last year, should also look good in livery

Juice29 said:
mike96 said:
It's official, Honda will race with the new type-r!

Looks.soo much better than their car from.last year, should also look good in livery
Fully agreed. The tourer was a nice idea, but it really wasn't a looker!

I know this may be slightly off topic but is anyone else looking forward to the Porsche carrera cup GB this year?

Juice29 said:
I know this may be slightly off topic but is anyone else looking forward to the Porsche carrera cup GB this year?
It is off topic... but yes I am! The Carrera Cup is (in my opinion) by far and away the best of the BTCC support series. In fact its the only one I'd go and watch if it was run separately. 

tbtstt said:
Juice29 said:
It is off topic... but yes I am! The Carrera Cup is (in my opinion) by far and away the best of the BTCC support series. In fact its the only one I'd go and watch if it was run separately. 
So many ex-single seater racers whose your tip for the tilte, im going with Michael Meadows (not just because we share a name  :p)

its time again. BTCC races at Brands Hatch Indy this weekend and ITV4 as per normal will show all 30 races.ITV4 will show the 1st program at 10.30am