Sign in to follow this  

BTCC discussion

how about talking about the btcc which has just had its 1st race weekend, a rare clean race 1 without the need of the safety car but races 2 and 3 needed them.

It's just getting me more and more excited for a Codies BTCC game... :P Great to see Turkey win for WSR in race three! :D

Still haven't managed to watch the races yet from Sunday, so recording the highlights on Saturday afternoon. But it sounds like the races were pretty good.

Just need to watch race 1, but I was devastated when Plato's car broke on the grid in race 2 :(

fIsince08 said:
Just need to watch race 1, but I was devastated when Plato's car broke on the grid in race 2 :(
How have you managed to watch races 2 and 3 before watching race 1 ? :)) Turkington had some brilliant moves in races 2 and 3 imo. Some of the best overtakes I've seen in a while.

I missed race 1 and 2 but managed to catch some of race 3. I still can't believe how many cars they have on the grid these days! And I may ruffle some feathers with this, but I hate Turkington :p To me he's a dirty racer who blames other drivers for taking him out when he's clearly just driven straight into them or turned in on them.

I missed race 1 and 2 but managed to catch some of race 3. I still can't believe how many cars they have on the grid these days! And I may ruffle some feathers with this, but I hate Turkington :p To me he's a dirty racer who blames other drivers for taking him out when he's clearly just driven straight into them or turned in on them.
I definitely wouldn't call Turkington a dirty racer,Definitely not to the same extent as Neal or Plato but I don't mind it because it's touring cars. What I don't like is people purposely driving into other people just to pass them like Jordan did Plato at Brands last year,Still the reason don't like Jordan.

Was impressed by the BMWs at the weekend, if they keep getting stronger they'll push the Honda's all the way I think. Still can't get used to there being an estate again, keep expecting a dog to jump out of it once the race is finished.

fIsince08 said:
How have you managed to watch races 2 and 3 before watching race 1 ? :)) Turkington had some brilliant moves in races 2 and 3 imo. Some of the best overtakes I've seen in a while.
Lunch, that's how ;) Watched it now, all three races were pretty epic.

fIsince08 said:
fIsince08 said:
Yeah but what made you watch races 2 and 3 before you watched Race 1 ?
Actually , I found the 1st race pretty boring considering it was BTCC.

fIsince08 said:
fIsince08 said:
The fact I was near a TV and was fed up of revision ;)

fIsince08 said:
fIsince08 said:
fIsince08 said:
The fact I was near a TV and was fed up of revision ;)

:)) Fair enough.

I hate to say it, but the Constructors Title looks like it'll be a two team race.

time for round 3 this weekend and this is a very fast track meaning its a no soft weekend, Thurxton, i just hope we talk about the racing that coming

Thruxton must be the only aerodrome racetrack in the world that doesn't use either of the runways...