Jump to content Jump to content

I'll be taking lots of pictures. Last time we went we sat at every part of the circuit. I'm not sure if I can do that again though due to my disability, it was the most walking I had done in years and took about a month to recover :joy:
WOW! Rockingham was so freaking good! I can't believe that Turkington made his way up to 3rd in round 3. Plato also did an awesome job doing damage control, he made it up to 10th. Truly an awesome drive by both Subaru's. There are still 120 points on offer so I think that both Subaru's are still in the title fight. It will be close but I hope that they can pull it off.
  • 2 weeks later...
Just got back from the touring cars, @Hughesy has another hour to drive back home now :p Good day though! We sat on the exit of Luffield for most of the races, then walked up to Copse during the last Ginetta race, and watch the Porsches and touring cars race 3 from there. Great day! Pictures coming soon, but I'm going to bed now lol.
  • 2 weeks later...
Yep, I watched them too, and what a great finish. As you say, Shedden did deserve it completely. You can just tell he's the quicker driver than Tordoff, and the overtake he made on him just proved that very point.

To be totally honest, I can't believe Tordoff managed to hold on to the championship until the last race! He's just been ultra consistent, but the 2 wins in the year, compared to 5 for Jackson and Turkington, show he wasn't as ultra-quick, in my opinion.

Ahhhh I love the BTCC!
Also, great end to the Ginetta GT championship! Will Burns made a brilliant move into Paddock on the last lap, which would have given him the title, but then Tom Wrigley slid through as well behind him, which meant Wrigley would win. So that meant Burns was desperately trying to back Wrigley into the path of the other guy they just overtook, but he couldn't manage it, so Wrigley won, amazing!
I am so impressed by Subaru, Plato and Turkington. New car for the season they had to develope, they missed three rounds and where still in the fight for the championship at the last round. Also 6 wins between them! That's just awesome. I can't wait for next year where they will be competitive right from the start. Subaru will have their championship someday. What a good season! BTCC is one of my favorites.
  • 1 month later...