Jump to content Jump to content

Platy said:
Juice29 said:
Platy said:
Shame they're stuck using the National circuit at Silverstone.
I think.its better.using the national circuit the international/gp layouts have much longer straights be a nightmare for the teams/drivers/cars which are down on power
Hangar Straight is only about 150m longer than the Wellington Straight. The International layout is so much more interesting imo.
The corner leading on to hanger straight on the international circuit is taken faster than the corner leading on to Wellington on the.national
Juice29 said:
Platy said:
Juice29 said:
Platy said:
Shame they're stuck using the National circuit at Silverstone.
I think.its better.using the national circuit the international/gp layouts have much longer straights be a nightmare for the teams/drivers/cars which are down on power
Hangar Straight is only about 150m longer than the Wellington Straight. The International layout is so much more interesting imo.
The corner leading on to hanger straight on the international circuit is taken faster than the corner leading on to Wellington on the.national
There's not much different, plus with engine restrictions there's hardly any difference in power. They used to race at Snetterton which had longer straights.

I expect its really a cost and spectator thing. Plus a shorter track equals more laps which should equal more excitement.
  • 2 weeks later...
fIsince08 said:
Well well well! Plato and Turkington sign for BMR!
Heard some rumours that they were going to be on the same team, but didn't believe it until I saw the press release. Brilliant bit of news, the various driver/team changes have really ramped up my interest in the 2015 BTCC season; I was looking forward to it, but now I can't wait for Brands!

I hope Plato and Turkington improve their relationship from last year or there could be some very awkward moments in the paddock! :D
  • 4 weeks later...
fIsince08 said:
Hamilton gets a BTCC drive: http://downforce-radio.co.uk/nicolas-hamilton-gets-btcc-deal-for-2015/
I initially assumed Lewis for a moment, but then realised of course, Nic races too :p 

But good for him! Will be interesting to see how he gets on this year.
Juice29 said:
I know this may be slightly off topic but is anyone else looking forward to the Porsche carrera cup GB this year?
It is off topic... but yes I am! The Carrera Cup is (in my opinion) by far and away the best of the BTCC support series. In fact its the only one I'd go and watch if it was run separately. 
tbtstt said:
Juice29 said:
I know this may be slightly off topic but is anyone else looking forward to the Porsche carrera cup GB this year?
It is off topic... but yes I am! The Carrera Cup is (in my opinion) by far and away the best of the BTCC support series. In fact its the only one I'd go and watch if it was run separately. 
So many ex-single seater racers whose your tip for the tilte, im going with Michael Meadows (not just because we share a name  :p)
  • 2 weeks later...